Seamanship

Gillhunter

Have to say friendly fire damage should come back, as more ships get long range guns and torps they just sit back, in the good old days firing 20Ks from the back you had to think about when to fire, also dd players get really pissed off when they line up torps only for some dick on a yolo charge blocks them all before they die, worth going pink if you kill these morons, as they may actually think next time.

On 10/26/2023 at 11:10 AM, Kratos The Unforgiving said:

Have to say friendly fire damage should come back, as more ships get long range guns and torps they just sit back, in the good old days firing 20Ks from the back you had to think about when to fire, also dd players get really pissed off when they line up torps only for some dick on a yolo charge blocks them all before they die, worth going pink if you kill these morons, as they may actually think next time.

^^^ This!  I can't count the number of times (in co-op) that someone has sailed on the enemy side of my ship (usually a smoked DD) and blocks my shells and torps; it's simply a kill steal tactic.  Also, several times pushed out of smoke or firing angle by a ship coming from behind.  I'm sitting STILL or crawling, you could have missed me, bro.  It's obviously intentional griefing.  I'm not going to take the time to write a ticket since nothing ever comes of it anyway, so you just have to take the grief and enter another battle.  This game isn't 9v9 or 12v12, it's 1v18 or 1v23.  You are on your own and surrounded completely by enemies, be they red or green.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ColonelOfTruth said:

^^^ This!  I can't count the number of times (in co-op) that someone has sailed on the enemy side of my ship (usually a smoked DD) and blocks my shells and torps; it's simply a kill steal tactic.  Also, several times pushed out of smoke or firing angle by a ship coming from behind.  I'm sitting STILL or crawling, you could have missed me, bro.  It's obviously intentional griefing.  I'm not going to take the time to write a ticket since nothing ever comes of it anyway, so you just have to take the grief and enter another battle.  This game isn't 9v9 or 12v12, it's 1v18 or 1v23.  You are on your own and surrounded completely by enemies, be they red or green.

Most of us had a conniption when the reason was published on the old forum:  that is was removed because of several ongoing cases of Fratricide where Carrier and Subs were killed at game start so as to earn more.

I asked for proof of that and they laughed....  It was removed because the younger players simply don't care what they do....  They have no concept of what is acceptable in warfare nor have they ever had a class about any of the Wars throughout history nor the Geneva Convention or other warfare agreements...

It's an arcade shooter so let's act like one !  [face slap emoji]

• Like 2

On 10/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, Gillhunter said:

Team damage was removed from the game game when subs were introduced. I can only guess why. I think it needs to be reintroduced. I don't think that will happen because the new target market for WOWs seems to be for 12-14 year olds. Maybe that's a good business decision, but I don't like the effect that removing team damage seems to have on the game.

About the same time subs were introduced, a plethora of ships with torpedoes were added to the game as well as two more CV lines.  It was noticeable to me that the torpedo soup got a lot thicker.  If team damage were not removed, a lot of players would be pink especially those who played ships with very slow, long-range torpedoes.

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

About the same time subs were introduced, a plethora of ships with torpedoes were added to the game as well as two more CV lines.  It was noticeable to me that the torpedo soup got a lot thicker.  If team damage were not removed, a lot of players would be pink especially those who played ships with very slow, long-range torpedoes.

Not if they learned how to play. If there are no consequences for poor play, there will be poor play. Just like real life. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

About the same time subs were introduced, a plethora of ships with torpedoes were added to the game

This. Team damage was hampering their design options when it came to long range torpedo spam. The PA CL line and the IJN CL line both would have been unmanageable with team damage as it was.

22 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

If there are no consequences for poor play, there will be poor play

There are myriad consequences for poor play already in the game, usually involving one's ship exploding. These seem to be doing little to prevent more poor play from happening. By removing team damage WG took the reasonable step of preventing teams from devolving into self-destructive muck-flinging fests, where one disgruntled player would cause a chain reaction of teammate-on-teammate violence, causing the team to implode. 

The cost is that we have to endure torpedoes being hurled around indiscriminately, which is IMO a small price to pay for what we have gained. 

• Like 1

Just now, torino2dc said:

This. Team damage was hampering their design options when it came to long range torpedo spam. The PA CL line and the IJN CL line both would have been unmanageable with team damage as it was.

There are myriad consequences for poor play already in the game, usually involving one's ship exploding. These seem to be doing little to prevent more poor play from happening. By removing team damage WG took the reasonable step of preventing teams from devolving into self-destructive muck-flinging fests, where one disgruntled player would cause a chain reaction of teammate-on-teammate violence, causing the team to implode. 

The cost is that we have to endure torpedoes being hurled around indiscriminately, which is IMO a small price to pay for what we have gained. 

I respectively disagree. Now I play early in the morning and in the afternoons, literally never in the evening. After 40,000 plus matches both in PVP and PVE I have never seen the level of violence you have described. Another reflection of today's society I guess.  

Lets just admit it, WG will do nothing, I even asked in the stream for WG to conduct an official poll via the game, just ignored (they are ignorant **** most of the time), WG like the vast majority of players being low iq, low skill, cretins with open wallets to milk.