I need a lot of help. (rant/vent)

Kaiserliche_garde

17 minutes ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

but it looks like my laptop can no longer support WoWs

Yeah. I find that with integrated graphics one really needs 16 GB of memory for WoWS to work reasonably well - my 8 GB notebook stopped working "OK" about a year ago, so when I read your specs I was amazed that you could get the game to run at all with 4 GB of RAM. 

Hope to see you in game soon, sorry that you needed to get a new system for that to happen though 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction
22 minutes ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

@Capt_of_Satisfaction @theLaalaa @ZeuSueZ1337 @Slammer58 @Admiral_Karasu @CriMiNaL @AdmiralMcintosh @Efros @SureBridge @I_cant_Swim_ @Utt_Bugglier @Paradat

Thank you all for trying to help, but it looks like my laptop can no longer support WoWs.  My current laptop is showing its age in other aspects as well and I ran my previous Windows 7 laptop into the ground, so now might just be the best time to get a new laptop anyway.  I'm just a little miffed this happened on the last week of the Somme mission chain and the beginning of a dockyard (I'm really worried I might miss out on the Somme, I have too many duplicates as it is (something like mid 20's)).

I've already scouted out some laptops that are on sale and HOPEFULLY I can get back into the game tomorrow at the helm of a new rig (I'll report back either way).

o7

Oh good.  I hope that works out well for you. 

If you need some advice, you can tell plenty are here to offer it up.  GL

4 hours ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

@Capt_of_Satisfaction @theLaalaa @ZeuSueZ1337 @Slammer58 @Admiral_Karasu @CriMiNaL @AdmiralMcintosh @Efros @SureBridge @I_cant_Swim_ @Utt_Bugglier @Paradat

Thank you all for trying to help, but it looks like my laptop can no longer support WoWs.  My current laptop is showing its age in other aspects as well and I ran my previous Windows 7 laptop into the ground, so now might just be the best time to get a new laptop anyway.  I'm just a little miffed this happened on the last week of the Somme mission chain and the beginning of a dockyard (I'm really worried I might miss out on the Somme, I have too many duplicates as it is (something like mid 20's)).

I've already scouted out some laptops that are on sale and HOPEFULLY I can get back into the game tomorrow at the helm of a new rig (I'll report back either way).

o7

depending on  your budjet, and you are in america, look at sager laptops, something there might be in your price range

5 hours ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

(For this post I've untagged everone else as to avoid noification-spam)

o7

You're very welcome - happy to help, even if the outcome is diffrent than you'd have hopes for o>

• Thanks 1

**Update #1**

I'm going to keep this short since I'm not in a good mood, I went and purchased a new laptop, nothing fancy, and the damn thing won't turn on.  Plugged in the power cord and tried to turn it on, but the battery light kept flashing orange and laptops are supposed to be able to run off of the power cord if there isn't a battery.  Nothing in the startup guide was helpful.  I'm going to have to do some more research, but it looks like I might be taking it back tomorrow.  RIP my Somme.

F

• Sad 1

**Update #2** (and hopefully last)

Okay, so the problem that I had with the first laptop was it wouldn't turn on, probably a bad battery.  The only help I got from the troubleshooting guide was to press the "Battery Off button" for three seconds with a paper clip.  Only problem, there was no "Battery Off button" and I wasn't going to disassemble the laptop myself and I didn't want to constantly fight with the laptop going forward.  I returned the first laptop and was credited the amount for the second laptop which was a completely different manufacturer and I am more than thrilled with the new laptop.

Specs:

• Intel Core i7 13620H (1.8GHz)
  • 16GB DDR5-4800 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Graphics Card
  • 1TB SSD

I just got done playing a match in Brisbane for the first time and the graphics were set to high and it ran beautifully.  It has Windows 11 Home which is slightly different than Windows 10 and all my bookmarks and browser extensions need to be added on the new rig, only minor hassles.  My only complaints from this new laptop are that it is about one inch narrower than my previous laptop, they made the 10 key number pad smaller, and the backlight keyboard has this rainbow color wave, its just so...odd and unnecessary in my opinion.

Once again, thank you to everyone who responded to my plea for assistance.  Now to get caught up on the final week of Somme and the first week of Dockyard missions.

• Thanks 1

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction
15 hours ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

**Update #2** (and hopefully last)

Okay, so the problem that I had with the first laptop was it wouldn't turn on, probably a bad battery.  The only help I got from the troubleshooting guide was to press the "Battery Off button" for three seconds with a paper clip.  Only problem, there was no "Battery Off button" and I wasn't going to disassemble the laptop myself and I didn't want to constantly fight with the laptop going forward.  I returned the first laptop and was credited the amount for the second laptop which was a completely different manufacturer and I am more than thrilled with the new laptop.

Specs:

• Intel Core i7 13620H (1.8GHz)
  • 16GB DDR5-4800 RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4050 Graphics Card
  • 1TB SSD

I just got done playing a match in Brisbane for the first time and the graphics were set to high and it ran beautifully.  It has Windows 11 Home which is slightly different than Windows 10 and all my bookmarks and browser extensions need to be added on the new rig, only minor hassles.  My only complaints from this new laptop are that it is about one inch narrower than my previous laptop, they made the 10 key number pad smaller, and the backlight keyboard has this rainbow color wave, its just so...odd and unnecessary in my opinion.

Once again, thank you to everyone who responded to my plea for assistance.  Now to get caught up on the final week of Somme and the first week of Dockyard missions.

Yay!   I love it

congrats seinfeld.gif