This feels like the most money grubbing patch, ever.

Subtle_Octavian

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's just basic math.

2000 dubs. So basically they refund what it cost you to take that shot, and they give you enough for an extra to boot.

Octal, Decimal or hexadecimal?  New math or old math?  I still have minitab for Excel for any Six Sigmal calculations....

Just kidding.  I'm math impaired anyway......sort of......maybe.

• Haha 1

Well , it made my decision easier to get the UU for the PETRO instead if focusing on this ..

AND I AM LOVIN' IT!!!🤩

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Also.....

hDpCa3m.png

So yes.  🙂

Yeah I saw that too. Safe to assume IJN submarines are coming sometime next year.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

>300+ dollars to get the T10.

Yeah no, I can grind that myself, thanks. Nagato is not even a hard grind, and would be done already if I hadn't done RB several times with that line, which moved all the XP off of her.

Yeah, unless you are a monetized streamer and can write it off against your taxes in order to show it to your viewers ASAP, or you're a CC spending WG's dubs (in which case you probably were given it anyway), leave that alone.

16 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

So dont know why you keep saying grinding Nagato

Because it's the line Mnemon prefers to regrind for the Research Bureau. Remember, if you're doing it manually you need to pick the line which is the most fun for you; it's only if you're doing it with FXP that Japanese gunboat DDs are the only reasonable choice. 

I got a T8 permabonus from the Anniversary and I can probably finish the collection for the permaskin easily enough, so I could chill out if I wanted to and spend the next two months regrinding Nagato at a thousand XP per day. 

• Like 1

I am a little unsure what to make of the negative response from some on the Champagne event.

An opportunity to get a T8 premium from resources, apart from some symbolic doubloons for the flag is IMO quite acceptable.

Even if we count the RB points necessary they are reasonably in line with the cost of other ships as you get a Normandie camo and T8 bonus package on the way.

37x1200=44.400 RB which albeit not cheap on par with earlier RB ships on higher tiers if we set some value to a bonus package, such a package normal prize is roughly 25 % of a premium T8 so if say 10.000 RB for the package and some for the camo and we are down to say 30-34,400 RB depending on value for the camo or community tokens.

Whilst some WG offers are not good I find this perfectly OK, given that these reources can be farmed for free but they take time ofc. But so does playing the game as a whole.

I do not mind recieving additional offers to spend resources than the usual ones.

I already have the ship so I am not sure if i want to take part as the only ship that I do not have is the Russian Sub, and those ships I do not play but might want for removing them from drops

Edited by Gnirf

11 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I am a little unsure what to make of the negative response from some on the Champagne event.

An opportunity to get a T8 premium from resources, apart from some symbolic doubloons for the flag is IMO quite acceptable.

Even if we count the RB points necessary they are reasonably in line with the cost of other ships as you get a Normandie camo and T8 bonus package on the way.

37x1200=44.400 RB which albeit not cheap on par with earlier RB ships on higher tiers if we set some value to a bonus package, such a package normal prize is roughly 25 % of a premium T8 so if say 10.000 RB for the package and some for the camo and we are down to say 30-34,400 RB depending on value for the camo or community tokens.

Whilst some WG offers are not good I find this perfectly OK, given that these reources can be farmed for free but they take time ofc. But so does playing the game as a whole.

I do not mind recieving additional offers to spend resources than the usual ones.

I already have the ship so I am not sure if i want to take part as the only ship that I do not have is the Russian Sub, and those ships I do not play but might want for removing them from drops

Remember, people value things differently than you...and different than WG prices.

Some people aren't as rich and can't afford the price.

Some people don't value Champagne as much as you do.

It's ok that some people have negative response to an event. Does the event bring in enough revenue? If yes, what's the problem with a few negative responses?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

44.400 RB which albeit not cheap on par with earlier RB ships on higher tiers

Context: The current cheapest RB ship (46,500 RP) is Tier 9 Van Speijk, which is a cruiser. The first T9 RB battleship is Illinois, at 51,000 RP but it is weird with cruiser guns. The T10 battleships are 62,000 (Ohio) and 63,000 (Slava), and they are proper, big-gun BBs. 

So Champagne is probably a bit overpriced for what a T8 RB ship might be expected to be (maybe 40,000 to 41,000?), but as you said, you get the Normandie skin and the T8 permabonus as part of that. Or in your case a coupon for any T8 premium, but I respect the reasons for your hesitation.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Remember, people value things differently than you...and different than WG prices.

Some people aren't as rich and can't afford the price.

Some people don't value Champagne as much as you do.

It's ok that some people have negative response to an event. Does the event bring in enough revenue? If yes, what's the problem with a few negative responses?

Ofc they do, what I am trying to convey is given the WGs doubloon prizing of Champagne or a T8 ship, the resource prizes seems reasonable, that is what I compare. That people find WGs prizing overall excessive is not the point I give it is the possibilty to utilize resources that can be had for free if you play. 

If you do not value the ship in question is another thing, when we value the offer we must compare it to a random T8 ship. If you do not like Champagne = ignore if you have the Champagne and want another T8 ship in the list it might be interesting. It is a little like the Anniversary event, I did not to take the coupon for the T8 ship as I had bayard, I preferred Blue boosters and here is the choice: Have I better use for the resources?

The resource exchange from FreeXP to a lot of bundles last year were reasonable, the resource exchange event earlier this year was a good idea but horribly implemented with exchange rates that were outright disgusting, here they seems more fair. 

10 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

If you do not value the ship in question is another thing, when we value the offer we must compare it to a random T8 ship.

No, we do not HAVE TO compare it to a T8 ship.

Value does not equal price in the context of WG sales, where there is no peer2peer market.

You may think it all reasonable...others may not. That state of affairs is correct and logical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

My issue is the cost is beyond the value of the items. The intent behind this is not some altruistic effort by WG to do something for the players at a "reasonable" cost. It is to bleed off resource stockpiles and to get real money. Neither is bad/wrong per say but the costs are ridiculous.

When players take part in this it enables WG to keep doing overpriced things. It's not the system I object to it is the gouging. I also don't like how we have to buy stuff we don't want to get what we do. Had they let people pick the item they wanted and then use resources on it that would be better. But as it is you have to spend on stuff you don't want (or already have) to get what you might want. This is done to further bleed off resources/make money.

I have used the analogy before and I will again. WG operates like a used car dealer. Lots of smoke and mirrors, fancy words, and down right bull to try and make the players think they are getting a great deal when in fact they are overpaying and being rooked.

Now, if you think what it costs is fair then by all means proceed. I don't plus I find WG's practices and manipulation of the players repugnant. To each their own.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

My issue is the cost is beyond the value of the items. The intent behind this is not some altruistic effort by WG to do something for the players at a "reasonable" cost. It is to bleed off resource stockpiles and to get real money. Neither is bad/wrong per say but the costs are ridiculous.

When players take part in this it enables WG to keep doing overpriced things. It's not the system I object to it is the gouging. I also don't like how we have to buy stuff we don't want to get what we do. Had they let people pick the item they wanted and then use resources on it that would be better. But as it is you have to spend on stuff you don't want (or already have) to get what you might want. This is done to further bleed off resources/make money.

I have used the analogy before and I will again. WG operates like a used car dealer. Lots of smoke and mirrors, fancy words, and down right bull to try and make the players think they are getting a great deal when in fact they are overpaying and being rooked.

Now, if you think what it costs is fair then by all means proceed. I don't plus I find WG's practices and manipulation of the players repugnant. To each their own.

Well, so a better idea would be to have resources in exchange for a ship of your choice with different prizing on different tiers? Well I would not hesitate to say that would be brilliant but such ideas I do not expect from WG.

29 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Well, so a better idea would be to have resources in exchange for a ship of your choice with different prizing on different tiers? Well I would not hesitate to say that would be brilliant but such ideas I do not expect from WG.

Sort of.

The stuff they are offering is fine in and of itself. What I meant was let us choose to buy the ones we want and not make it like their armory bundle mechanic where you have to buy the 1st to get the 2nd, then the 2nd to get the 3rd, etc... Put the 4 items there for those resources, let the players buy the one(s) they want, priced accordingly (and REASONABLE).

• I already have the Normandie camo and got it FREE from a mission. I have 31,301 Community Tokens so the 6K compensation doesn't appeal to me. Even less now that WG seems to have stopped letting us use those to buy stuff during events (tokens, crates, etc..).
  • I don't need a T8 Bonus Package. Most of my ships have them already and I have a couple assignable T8 Bonus Packages in inventory I can use if I get a ship that needs one.
  • I have Champagne already. I would consider doing it for the coupon to get another T8 Premium, or the 3000 Steel if I already had all the ships on the list (I usually do). Unfortunately, they make me spend on the Normandie camo and T8 Bonus Package to get to Champagne. So, ... NO!
  • Champagne flag. I don't have it, and I do like to run the ship's own flag when available, so I would actually buy it "IF" the cost was reasonable and I didn't have to get the other stuff first. But the cost is definitely NOT reasonable, I do have to buy 3 other things first (and at ridiculous prices), and then I MUST use Doubloons to get the flag. So, again, ... NO!

Not spending ANY of those resources (some of which cost real $$$ even if they can be had at times free) on things just to progress up the bar to get to the 2 things I would consider, and only 1 I really want, and grossly overpay to do so. It is hilarious that they put the flag at the end and tied that behind real money. I mean give me a break. It's literally the least valuable item of the list and was made the most expensive.

I just don't see how anyone thinks this is a good thing? I mean NO disrespect by that either. I am simply stating I can't wrap my head around how anyone can see what is being offered and not see it for what it is = a used car sales gimmick where the player overpays BIG TIME and WG profits and reduces said players resources. But as I said everyone can do as they see fit with their time, resources, and money. As a former whale (now a guppy) I can not justify doing this. It's a money grab and resource sink; period.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

Indeed.

We pretty much expect WG to run all their events as close as possible to the 'caught using illegal marketing practices / fraud' line as possible.

...because that's where they have been for several years now, with no apparent willingness to change the business model.

What I find astonishing is the complete lack of ownership around the root cause of the playerbase distrust. Discuss this on discord and WG staff will claim that they just don't understand why people don't trust them...and this distrust is a manifestation of the toxicity from 'insert favorite former CC to hate'.

When, the reality is, that WGs own actions have trained us painstakingly to look pessimistically at every gift horse on offer. Some of us have been so burned that we would never accept ANY gift from WG...under the standard principle of 'beware WG staff bearing gifts.'

• Like 3

On 10/11/2023 at 12:06 PM, Andrewbassg said:

Mmm.......Im afraid that picture is incomplete....

bpzOFlr.png

Each resourse represents 2.5% so in order to have meaningful progress ( like 25%) means 10 as ten times that resource. Plainly

25% - 5000 dubs or

-300 days or

-12000 RB or

-3.600.000 CXP or

- 100.000 coal or 

- 100.000.000 silver

And....

Jo6s5LY.png

PLUS

kW8dQj8.png

And.....

1JCk75G.png

I truly dont understand why any of this bothers anybody. It's all a choice that you can make whether to particapate or not. Lierally after every patch or early release we have to go over and over the greedy company that's robbing us scenero. People are writing post about being so traumatized by WG they cant even accept free stuf lol. 

The deal is they want to make money some people have money and want things when they want them. The rest of us can sit back and buy what we can afford or deem worthwhile. It's up to you to find the value in deals. it's like everything else nobody makes it easy for you whatever it is your buying. I have no problem with any of this. I do my homework then simply particapate in what I want to and ignore the rest. It's pretty simple!!

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 2

22 minutes ago, clammboy said:

People are writing post about being so traumatized by WG they cant even accept free stuf lol. 

Because it literally isn't free stuff.

See my post above yours.

This isn't a problem with the playerbase...and blaming the players for the negativity is willingly ignoring the responsibility of WGs decisions with respect to value delivery and transparency...

It is entirely possible to make money without resorting to borderline unethical means. Sure, it doesn't make as much money...but you earn customer respect and loyalty.

Doing what WG has done has earned mistrust and vitriol.

This only gets better if WG actually starts to own their actions and behaves in a way that grows trust.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

I will play Nag, grind out the XP for the T8.....and free XP my way to T10 the day its available.

Along the way, I'll take whatever WG gives me for free.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, clammboy said:

I truly dont understand why any of this bothers anybody. It's all a choice that you can make whether to particapate or not. Lierally after every patch or early release we have to go over and over the greedy company that's robbing us scenero. People are writing post about being so traumatized by WG they cant even accept free stuf lol. 

The deal is they want to make money some people have money and want things when they want them. The rest of us can sit back and buy what we can afford or deem worthwhile. It's up to you to find the value in deals. it's like everything else nobody makes it easy for you whatever it is your buying. I have no problem with any of this I do my homework then simply particapate in what I want to and ignore the rest. It's pretty simple!!

Well I don't understand  how you think that my post is about anything else, but informing.  

Still ....as far as I'm concerned, Wedgie can make all the moneyz in the world IF  they don't frakk  the game in the process. Well... ofc they do it and I,  as player, have exactly zero recourse against it , especially here.  So me, personally,  i adopt the only possible sane behaviour, with the least amount of toxicity. \

I mean....

laughing.jpg.d0ce008a9d2f6ce2066e10d7153 

......good spirited and good ol' fashioned  humor. You know, Twain, Moliere and stuff. 

• Like 1

Honestly - I got Champagne with RB points and coal and credits. It was my long wished ship. Have already Ohio, Colbert, Sigfried and Illinois, next RB points will regrind again... So I am happy with that. Other - just ordinary play and that is it. 

EDIT: I wasn't get Champagne flag. Reason: that in my option should including dubs and I haven't enough ingame earn dubs, so that option was "out of option".

Edited by WildWind84
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Indeed.

We pretty much expect WG to run all their events as close as possible to the 'caught using illegal marketing practices / fraud' line as possible.

...because that's where they have been for several years now, with no apparent willingness to change the business model.

What I find astonishing is the complete lack of ownership around the root cause of the playerbase distrust. Discuss this on discord and WG staff will claim that they just don't understand why people don't trust them...and this distrust is a manifestation of the toxicity from 'insert favorite former CC to hate'.

When, the reality is, that WGs own actions have trained us painstakingly to look pessimistically at every gift horse on offer. Some of us have been so burned that we would never accept ANY gift from WG...under the standard principle of 'beware WG staff bearing gifts.'

Sorry don't see it that way at all not even close . But you are certainley entitled to your opinion as I am to mine so no ill feelings. But honestly if I really felt like you do I would have nothing to do with WG or the game.

Edited by clammboy
  • Bored 1

4 hours ago, clammboy said:

Sorry don't see it that way at all not even close . But you are certainley entitled to your opinion as I am to mine so no ill feelings. But honestly if I really felt like you do I would have nothing to do with WG or the game.

Since you don't see it that way...your advice on this topic is worthless to me.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Bored 1

23 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I already have the Normandie camo and got it FREE from a mission.

Same.

Read a post of yours on this thread yesterday, and thought; 'AT's right,' and just decided to bypass the salvage.

Spent enough on thing related to the Anniversary anyway.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typos
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 4:03 PM, clammboy said:

Lierally after every patch or early release we have to go over and over the greedy company that's robbing us scenero. People are writing post about being so traumatized by WG they cant even accept free stuf lol. 

😲 WEEGEE CREPT INTO MY HOUSE AND SHOOK DOWN MY GOLDFISH FOR DUBZ OMGWTH!!!!! 😲

• Confused 3
  • Bored 1