The WoWS community has a serious toxicity problem

Zaydin

11 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

You know, normally I would wonder how sociopathic someone would have to be to think the appropriate response to someone having an unpopular opinion is insults, bullying and harassment, but I'm too god damn emotionally exhausted. So instead I'm just going to put you on block and wish that blocking people also kept them from being able to post in a thread.

Disagreement is natural. If someone provides a rebuttal that's fair. If someones default response is 'lol u bad' or other forms of mockery I am just going to immediately tune them out and treat them the way they want to be treated. If someone is civil with me, I'll be civil back. If they start out the gate with insults then they do not deserve civility.

I was bullied heavily when I was school so I have a low tolerance for people I view as bullies.

Block who ever you want. You’re the one making obviously troll post to get a reaction out of people. Then you play the victim when people call you out for it. We can all see what you post and we aren’t dumb. If you truly aren’t trying to troll,  I find it hard to believe you really believe anything you post about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Bored 4

4 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Block who ever you want. You’re the one making obviously troll post to get a reaction out of people. Then you play the victim when people call you out for it. We can all see what you post and we aren’t dumb. If you truly aren’t trying to troll,  I find it hard to believe you really believe anything you post about. 

Having an opinion you disagree with is not trolling. Get that through your skull.

Didn't know the only people who have the right to complain about game balancing aspects they have issues with are CV/sub haters.

Edited by Zaydin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

No it doesn’t. I watched what happened on discord. You earned all of that. 

Really makes a mockery of the idea that Discord is well moderated though...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Unfortunately you tend to remember the awful more than you do the good.

Absolutely: Yes... All those epic ships added that were bogarted by the special interest groups. Ships like Alaska, Graf Spee, Smolensk and Akizuki all because of well stated and expressed analysis and cross examination: beautiful times...

8 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Having an opinion you disagree with is not trolling. Get that through your skull.

Didn't know the only people who have the right to complain about game balancing aspects they have issues with are CV/sub haters.

Ignore him. His opinion is irrelevant. He is just some random guy on the internet.

Not your friend.

Not someone with any power here to make you less of a person.

Trust me...there are people in this game and in WGs staff (especially over on Discord) that you should actively avoid.

You will find that avoiding these toxic people will restore peace and sanity to your life.

They are not worth talking to or listening to...

You will never convince them they are wrong or have a real relationship with them. They believe themselves always right and the only relationship they want is you as their sycophant paying them money or prestige.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Really makes a mockery of the idea that Discord is well moderated though...

Considering what some of the mods themselves get away with they clearly shouldn't be mods.

4 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Considering what some of the mods themselves get away with they clearly shouldn't be mods.

Here is MUCH better.

Like I said, just avoid WG staff...you will find yourself being much happier.

• Like 2

Folks, let us try to keep it a little more respectful and civil here.  Everyone has a different view.  Some views you may change while others you may not, but just going back and forth accomplishes little for your own sanity.  There's a point when it is time to move on - be it in-game, Discord, Reddit, or even here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I'm a little taken aback. I certainly haven't read every single word of every single post on DevStrike thus far, but I recall relatively little toxicity here.

Same. Devstrike is pretty non-toxic from my experiences....

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, Sailor_Moon said:

Same. Devstrike is pretty non-toxic from my experiences....

spacer.png

I suppose I meant more in-game and on the Discord 'forum' and was a bit too broad in my language.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I still have a Dasha Perova meme of her with a sign that says "Git Gud".
But, I can't post it here for two reasons.
1.  It's probably going to be interpreted as toxic.
2.  I'm out of available upload space on the forum.  🙂 

Well to be fair, it's a solid meme, but I don't think it'd make much sense context-wise for THIS thread... 😅

• Thanks 1

I feel it is worthwhile for every forum member to keep the following principle in mind.

~ Forum Members do not have the power to command other Forum Members, and vice-versa.

Like Sarah said in the movie Labyrinth, "You have no power over me."
giphy.gif
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091369/quotes/?ref_=tt_trv_qu

And now back to our hearty discussion of how to avoid being toxic with one another while surviving & thriving on the internet, eh?  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

2.  I'm out of available upload space on the forum.  🙂 

Wait, we have a limit??? Kind of glad I haven't been meme lording on here. How do we check that or open up space?

• Like 1

Just now, _KlRlTO_ said:

Wait, we have a limit??? Kind of glad I haven't been meme lording on here. How do we check that or open up space?

Click in your name at the top right ... then click on My Attachments.

That'll show you what you've attached, and at the top the total.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Thankfully we can just post what we have already posted!

sailor-moon.gif.e5b2aa3b85d7fce7091be6276f5bb9f9.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Whether it's on the crappy replacement for a forum on Discord or on here, anyone who dares state an opinion that runs counter to majority opinion gets insulted, harassed and trolled for daring to have an opposing opinion.

It's fine to disagree with someone's opinion. It is not fine to insult and mock them for having a minority opinion.

I'm trying to think of a more toxic community than WoWS out of the games I play and the only one that springs to mind is Dead by Daylight.

What was your opinion? Did you say that subs and CVs are a good addition, or a bad addition? 

For the record: I think both COULD have their place in the game, and make the game more fun. BUT, with how they are now, I don’t think they add anything worthwhile. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, That WoT Player said:

Did you say that subs and CVs are a good addition

In their current state, saying this I could fully understand the insults(not that people should, I certainly wouldn't and I think most on Devstrike wouldn't sink to that level). Honestly, subs and CVs(CVs implementation and the shafting of AA more than the CV themselves, unless we're talking about FDR or Nahkimov) generate a fair bit of negativity and I think people are well right to be upset, or angry even, about them.

However, there is also the matter of how such an opinion is expressed. If your defending subs/CVs saying their perfectly balanced and the community needs to quit complaining(or git gud), then your just inciting conflict. Knowing both sides of the situation is very important, right now we don't.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, That WoT Player said:

What was your opinion? Did you say that subs and CVs are a good addition, or a bad addition? 

For the record: I think both COULD have their place in the game, and make the game more fun. BUT, with how they are now, I don’t think they add anything worthwhile. 

It was that smoke firing needs another look at because at the moment it smoke is a 'free damage' button. Without radar, there is no guaranteed way to flush a smoked up ship out of smoke. Torpedoes can do it but they can also get lucky and completely avoid the torpedoes. Blind firing the smoke is inconsistent at best and regardless exposes you to the enemy teams counterfire.

One guy kept insisting that hydro counters smoke which I thought was adorable; the only way hydro counters smoke is if there is an island between you and the smoke cloud. Otherwise it's a high risk tactic given the odds of eating a wall of skill grow the closer you get to the smoke cloud.

Edited by Zaydin

4 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Thankfully we can just post what we have already posted!

I think we are going to need a way to delete our attachments after a while. I haven't put up a clan recruiting post yet, but memes are how I usually like to bump them, and this restriction seems to make that a bad idea.

• Like 2

Any competitive game has a certain amount of toxicity. Though if you think WoWs has it bad you've not set foot in the FPS or MOBA space much. Those genre are typically considerably worse about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kynami said:

Any competitive game has a certain amount of toxicity. Though if you think WoWs has it bad you've not set foot in the FPS or MOBA space much. Those genre are typically considerably worse about it.

Do I really need to repeat the 'of the games I've played' part from the OP again?

3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

It was that smoke firing needs another look at because at the moment it smoke is a 'free damage' button. Without radar, there is no guaranteed way to flush a smoked up ship out of smoke. Torpedoes can do it but they can also get lucky and completely avoid the torpedoes. Blind firing the smoke is inconsistent at best and regardless exposes you to the enemy teams counterfire.

Nah......and wazz you gonna do with RNCL's? Are you expect that Wedgie will provide them with...."reactive armor" for some..... dubs? Or let'em just expolde coz 'em funny?Yeah exaclty...

Besides Wargambling already nerfed both the flag and smoke duration to appease some...... crybabbies...coz they are not massaged enough at the expense of cruisers B6B39E13-1B09-45D2-9BE6-3A237041506D.gif

• Like 1

IMHO:  I can think of one more toxic game environment than WoWS.

It is the "Game of Life".

And the prime determinant of the "majority view" is the nature of the USA state in which you reside.

So which came first, the real life toxicity or the virtual life toxicity????

😉

My opinion of this forum is 

1- Anything i need to learn about wows i can learn here and get good advice..

2-LWM posts here-enough said, i love her reviews/research.

3-The guys here have made this a nice place to post or reply.

4-I see very few toxic replies here if any.

My opinion about Discord - its an emoji filled mess full of garbage posts and argumentative kids and as useful as trying to float a colander in an ocean during a hurricane.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3