Operations & Scenarios

Frostbow

With my disappointment with the upcoming Black Friday ships (as I have Brandenburg already & I was hoping for Massa B), what tier 8 Premium should I buy for Operations?

I already have HSF HareKaze, ARP Takao, Wichita, Mainz B, Brandenburg,  Odin, Cossack,  Le Terrible, Bayard, Champagne, Flandre, Fenyan & Atlantico.

Edited by Rolkatsuki

23 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

With my disappointment with the upcoming Black Friday ships (as I have Brandenburg already & I was hoping for Massa B), what tier 8 Premium should I buy for Operations?

I already have HSF HareKaze, ARP Takao, Wichita, Mainz B, Brandenburg,  Odin, Cossack,  Le Terrible, Bayard, Champagne, Flandre, Fenyan & Atlantico.

If Wargaming will not change their Black Friday implementation this year, I believe you can still purchase the Massachusetts B just like how it was offered last year, at 9,050 Doubloons.

I think you already have a very strong fleet for Operations; Mainz B and Bayard in particular are solid cruisers.

You might consider also San Diego. However, if given the choice, I'd rather play Mainz—she is perfect for Operations. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Still pays better than a defeat, eh?  🙂 

That it does. I've cut back my ops games by at least 50% because the quality of players has really decreased. A 4 or 5 star run is almost unheard of for me in the last month. Losses account for around 50% of my games now. I use to run 4 to 5 ops per day, now I might do 1, 2 if I win the first one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i think this is a joke . you think there trying to get us out of co-op and ops to force us in randoms and do what its like on WOT randoms only 

just like NB  this week 400 - 1200   hard to get 1200 in co-op  

shot-23.09.09_15.19.48-0812.jpg

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Frostbow said:

If Wargaming will not change their Black Friday implementation this year, I believe you can still purchase the Massachusetts B just like how it was offered last year, at 9,050 Doubloons.

I think you already have a very strong fleet for Operations; Mainz B and Bayard in particular are solid cruisers.

You might consider also San Diego. However, if given the choice, I'd rather play Mainz—she is perfect for Operations. 

ok thank you, I'll keep an eye out for Massa B when Black Friday comes around, how is the San Diego in Ops? from what I can see from her specs from wows fitting tool she looks pretty strong for it? 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:39 AM, Frostbow said:

I'm hoping for this as well. The Mainz and Bayard are amazing in Ops and I'd like to add the Massachusetts to my roster as well. I keep kicking myself for not buying either of the variants when I had the chance.

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 5:23 PM, Gaelic_knight said:

i think this is a joke . you think there trying to get us out of co-op and ops to force us in randoms and do what its like on WOT randoms only 

just like NB  this week 400 - 1200   hard to get 1200 in co-op  

shot-23.09.09_15.19.48-0812.jpg

Honestly this is better than it used to be ... until a patch or two ago Ops wouldn't count at all towards the missions.

1 hour ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Honestly this is better than it used to be ... until a patch or two ago Ops wouldn't count at all towards the missions.

but operations never used to be half  

12 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

but operations never used to be half  

It used to be zero progress. Half is better than nothing.

5 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Ultimate Comfortable Frontier 😁

image.thumb.png.d6e4a55e20bc1b03d2b9a147ffb709f4.png

I like parking in there as well as it provides some cover from bot torpedos and shells

operations seems to be broken, its not random since the update its showing as Defense of Naval Newport instead of Random Operations.

11 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

operations seems to be broken, its not random since the update its showing as Defense of Naval Newport instead of Random Operations.

Seems they broke something with the update and all Ops except Defeat at Naval Station Newport have bee "removed for the time being" ... I suspect we won't see the others again for another year or so (if ever) given Wargaming's history.

2 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Seems they broke something with the update and all Ops except Defeat at Naval Station Newport have bee "removed for the time being" ... I suspect we won't see the others again for another year or so (if ever) given Wargaming's history.

Typical Wargaming. If it is not broken, break it.

The fools.

• Haha 1

On Discord, it was said the operations are back on line. Just about to check if it's true they are fixed.

EDIT

Possibly not.. getting into Newport,,,

EDIT 2

2nd attempt, however, got me Raptor Rescue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

On Discord, it was said the operations are back on line. Just about to check if it's true they are fixed.

EDIT

Possibly not.. getting into Newport,,,

EDIT 2

2nd attempt, however, got me Raptor Rescue.

I played two Ops today and both were Aegis but I'm glad it seems to be working again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Efros said:

I played Ultimate Frontier in my Weimar the other day, it seemed way easier than I remember. Did they nerf the bots?

Personally, I find Weimar to be one of the strongest tier 7 ships for operations, just the speed with engine boost on and the speed at which its torpedo launchers can reload just makes life easier in trying to get wins of ops, the fast firing guns is just the icing on the cake.

The more I think about it as well as look at your post-battle results makes me more curious about the enemy bot team lineup as everyone on your team was a tier 7 ship. How many red bots did you encounter in this match that was a tier 8+ ship? 

20 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Personally, I find Weimar to be one of the strongest tier 7 ships for operations, just the speed with engine boost on and the speed at which its torpedo launchers can reload just makes life easier in trying to get wins of ops, the fast firing guns is just the icing on the cake.

The more I think about it as well as look at your post-battle results makes me more curious about the enemy bot team lineup as everyone on your team was a tier 7 ship. How many red bots did you encounter in this match that was a tier 8+ ship? 

IIRC the Weimar is alot like the Mainz but a tier lower, in addition to fast firing guns it also has lots of torpedoes which makes it a useful ship in Ops like Narai.

My only complaint is that the turrets move a bit slow but I guess that's a necessary balancing nerf.

Edited by CFagan_1987

56 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I killed a Cleveland, but don't recall otherwise. 

Not gonna lie, I thought this would've been in the Co-Op/Operations section...

Posted a few results there but hopefully a mod will move those posts here.

Edited by Volron