Operations & Scenarios

Frostbow

37 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

It's easy to fire on friendlies because you don't always see where exactly your guns are firing at, especially when you have flat arcs.

If you think they had been blocking you all along and it wasn't just an unfortunate situation where this happened, you could try submitting a ticket to report them for unsportsmanlike conduct. Wouldn't get my hopes up, though.

When I get a notification that I'm firing at a friendly ship, I usually stop to check out the situation. Of course, if the situation was critical that delay can get you and your team mates sunk.

Yes, especially in Hermes where there are choke points. Even the friendly bots bunch you up at times. These two, one of which I think was just unaware (but the other seemed to have intent...) just kept turning into me, stopping and finally when it really mattered pulled up just beside me at the end when we get the final DD wave. I was getting the "friendly fire" notification for a while, but it was my front turrets as I could still shoot the DDs and others coming (but could no longer launch my torps...). Not a huge deal, it happens but what annoyed me more than those players was the penalty. I guess I should have just sat there and done nothing, let them get sunk and possibly lost the match. I did top the team, but that doesn't matter I guess.

Such is the price you pay for bringing a high DPM, AP only CL into high tier Ops I guess.

Two slams in my Ipiranga (grinding the same captain) cleared the red... err, pink mist out of my eyes so all is good now. Topped both of those as well. One by nearly 900xp over second place. 

(Names left in, not shaming. Just highlighting my enraged "pull out all stops" gameplay. lol)
image.thumb.jpeg.1b71c9f2def1da719d76202fe8ccb3f3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e26fa716d96b0517ce354283fec51fed.jpeg

Pink was gone after that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xamdam said:

I got boxed in at the end by two of the same "captains" that had been blocking me through out the match and even though my front guns were hitting them, my rear guns saved them from getting torped.

There are a lot of idiots out there who know nothing except pew pew pew. If I find myself in Hermes, or in the early phase of Raptor or Narai, I maneuver slightly away from friendlies. 

Brennus is a popular topic these days, having been just released for a sky high price of 60,000 Research Reset Bureau points.

I am still undecided about getting the 305mm-armed French heavy cruiser, so while trying to weigh the pros and cons, I decided to play the Henri IV again in Operations.

AP1GczMsK-s3IMc1zR7LihXzmmdv9v2TjCiPR6RM

AP1GczNkPwJlrhy3-WKXjHpMSuotKxH5_xo7S_Jt

With a full lighthouse build and her Unique Upgrade, plus the usual Engine Boost, MBRB, and hydro, I think the Henri for now will suffice—but for how long, I don't know. I can accept the "accurate 305mm that reloads in 12 seconds or less" selling point of the Brennus. But then I also have the Marseille, a more heavily armed cruiser, also with the usual consumables that makes the experience more fun. For sure, if and when I get the Brennus, she will have her first outing in Operations.

• Like 1

Cherry Blossom with two 2 man divs, all t6 ships. Not an great performance by myself, I probably should have shot more at the DDs towards the end, but was worried the airfields weren't getting shelled by the longer range BBs yet. As the match ended the WV 41 was still trying to land longer ranged shots on the ships instead. Luckily the Dallas was on the ball, huge shoutout to him to, he knew when to play aggressive. The Dallas and the Queen Eliz did most of the work on the airfields and saved us from a loss.

This is also why so often I dread when divisions show up in ops.
shot-24_10.03_13_04.42-0343.thumb.jpg.c0b0a7fbba9e462c726994ed86e1555f.jpgshot-24_10.03_13_04.46-0293edit.thumb.jpg.9b39c4b2cd9dc46943ef705be4fefd6d.jpgshot-24_10.03_13_05.02-0234.thumb.jpg.64d25a77d5fe82db837a7e963d810477.jpg

4 hours ago, Darlith said:

This is also why so often I dread when divisions show up in ops.

I don't mind divisions in OPs; I hope they are good and know what they are doing rather than a division just messing around. I've had both types.

• Like 1

Guys, what you think, should this thread rather be in the PvE section? Yay or nay?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Guys, what you think, should this thread rather be in the PvE section? Yay or nay?

Yes.

• Thanks 1

@HogHammer Unless you strongly disagree, I'm moving the operations thread to the PvE section.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Unless you strongly disagree, I'm moving the operations thread to the PvE section.

Yes, 100 percent.  This is something that has been discussed, and now is a good time to do so.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone used superships in the OPs? if so how much creds did ya lose

5 hours ago, Ghastous said:

Anyone used superships in the OPs? if so how much creds did ya lose

I have yet to use any Superships in Ops as of late, I am thinking of getting Patrie and putting Auboyneau on said supership once I've financially recovered from buying tier 10 ships for the anniversary event last patch and maybe there is a good chance to activate one of his talents 'Surge  Forward' once again after a few years of not seeing a flare launch from any french ships I take to Ops.

4 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

I have yet to use any Superships in Ops as of late, I am thinking of getting Patrie and putting Auboyneau on said supership once I've financially recovered from buying tier 10 ships for the anniversary event last patch and maybe there is a good chance to activate one of his talents 'Surge  Forward' once again after a few years of not seeing a flare launch from any french ships I take to Ops.

Im thinking either Satsuma or the Hannover but i dont know which 1 will be better haha so atm ive not bought either of um

2 hours ago, Ghastous said:

Im thinking either Satsuma or the Hannover but i dont know which 1 will be better haha so atm ive not bought either of um

get Hannover, german BBs do very well in Ops and Hannover is no exception.

my GK and Schlieffen are secondary specced complete with Lutjens onboard and those secondaries will shred the health of enemy shipping like no tomorrow...

just not up to the level of what Hannover's secondaries are capable of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghastous said:

13 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

my GK and Schlieffen are secondary specced complete with Lutjens onboard and those secondaries will shred the health of enemy shipping like no tomorrow...

^^this.  While Satuma's guns can definitely put the hurt on enemy ships, Hannover (and other German secondary ships) can send barrages of secondary fire on multiple ships faster in addition to main gun fire.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2024 at 2:35 PM, Rolkatsuki said:

Thats the 1 i got and yes it does great in OPs.  Its not a massive money maker but i come out each game earning at least 150k so not to shabby tbh

• Like 1

On 10/6/2024 at 6:52 AM, HamptonRoads said:

^^this.  While Satuma's guns can definitely put the hurt on enemy ships, Hannover (and other German secondary ships) can send barrages of secondary fire on multiple ships faster in addition to main gun fire.

And that's before you press the funny button. Oh oh oh!!

22 hours ago, Ghastous said:

Thats the 1 i got and yes it does great in OPs.  Its not a massive money maker but i come out each game earning at least 150k so not to shabby tbh

I hope when WG releases the Pan-American BB supership, it has monster secondaries too, just like the rest of line.

What kids see under their beds at night: the bogeyman.

Spoiler

spacer.png

What Fury & Dono see under their beds at night: Renown '44.

Also, I brought Patrie for Ops, best I shouldn't run several ops games with her straightaway.

6 minutes ago, Rolkatsuki said:

What kids see under their beds at night: the bogeyman.

Hide contents

spacer.png

What Fury & Dono see under their beds at night: Renown '44.

Also, I brought Patrie for Ops, best I shouldn't run several ops games with her straightaway.

🙂👍

13 hours ago, Captain Slattery said:

My division mate and I found some pretty shiny teammates for a run at Ultimate Frontier.

Screenshot2024-10-12122435.thumb.png.e76c1498c5291a74efa71a93210b86ab.png

Screenshot2024-10-12122453.png.e5db41c3a2a3c338b4e888c43c4814d1.png

Screenshot2024-10-12122519.thumb.png.b7e1e50ac574797cca88087dbb35f0aa.png

making the free xp rain.

• Like 2

My Zaō scored 2024 Base XP in the year 2024. 💪

AP1GczMRQgVHuucVbD0aF2vyQT0nY_pCpVeyiN_M

AP1GczMSBVpClBIiSjN0G61PuRDkQguH28vQ6Srr

Made special with our Shimakaze scoring "Insert Coin" Achievement. 

AP1GczP2zKOnbgv9R5jTCluZUZQKr7H4vAYAbru7

And now for something amusing and interesting...

AP1GczPnRaZpzUb_9rgMu_iEJpVGkNmt__EecjsR

A single AP shell from an Izumo bot dealt 14,480 damage.

Here's the normal values at Port. Even with the Super-Heavy AP Skill, which gives +7.5% AP damage, Max Damage is at 13,868 only. 

AP1GczOi-W784dFRFwgssJ9vSABb0pNj3BWa-Oz_

O7

• Like 1

Despite it only being 3 stars I am rather proud of this Cherry Blossom run. Bismarck can be a tanky ship, took over twice my total HP and lived. Helps of course that this one has a decent repair circle in it. 

shot-24_10.13_11_30.01-0390.thumb.jpg.3f3a90f03c193ec18ff65d120e753c91.jpgshot-24_10.13_11.30_10-0918.thumb.jpg.572ed30b38e380fe98339681384c1887.jpgshot-24_10.13_11_30_30-0960.thumb.jpg.62ac0d70283eded6c6292eac6c9b4387.jpgshot-24_10.13_11_30.48-0969.thumb.jpg.75fe2a87e46fbeec65641594a46f7497.jpgshot-24_10.13_11_30.51-0697.thumb.jpg.12b371319d25535a224c54a054a573cf.jpgshot-24_10.13_11_30.55-0679.thumb.jpg.24e963a4e502c8678115f82e718b7642.jpg