Operations & Scenarios

Frostbow

On 9/7/2024 at 9:53 AM, DDG44_Vet said:

Picked up Salem for the new T10 operations mode, damn this thing can pump out shells

Are you running a lighthouse build for your Salem? If not yet, consider it. It will make Salem pump out shells faster!

Whew barely, or "I'm not dead yet." 3 star Aegis, down to just me and a BB by the time the transports are freed up. I think I had roughly 6k hp left by that point. Only one transport made it as I recall and I was on 600ish hp at the end. But it wasn't a loss. Was sweating bullets at the end there thinking for sure the transports would all be sunk. 1785 base exp for me, no team results because some were quite low and I don't feel like editing it right now.shot-24_09.11_19_15.57-0368.thumb.jpg.4bed1c689a9474708d822f152ca8ad87.jpgshot-24_09.11_19_16.19-0127.thumb.jpg.e61d077e8f79846e4db2530e669b99e8.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darlith said:

I think I had roughly 6k hp left by that point.

Good job and a sweet Victory! 💪👍

Will to Win on my first Petropavlovsk outing in updated Operations. 

AP1GczO6mWDcfvB45go6FvKTeKVX4mivueCdYQHO

Our Napoli rammed the Fletcher. The Maine got our Preussen. I got one of the two Annapolis of the last wave, but there remains another one and the Maine. A minute left. And I was all alone.

AP1GczO8JIooB3FtkHz9Tvibj0s9n41rWquk_2sd

I scored another Annapolis for Natural Selection. I had around 12K hp left when that Seattle started burning to toast cruiser, and I still had to contend with the Maine and her 406s.

Fortunately I was saved by the bell. It was over before they could get my Petro. 

Another 5-star run. Good teamwork.

AP1GczNQEMskrPYDj-x7Iba9s2na4AHmx5_LpLh8

560,339 damage. 29 citadel hits. 7 kills. And my 8th Will to Win achievement. 

AP1GczP7Kk3ltnTETa2a5CrT44QY7xzzWMsN4iG4

2,143 Base XP. 

AP1GczOEsTpH0HYyjk-NX1yYK1PA32-0jmS7ACpN

AP1GczOO4jGfEecbcA1LuDUErM31PW_qBAGibW-f

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Are you running a lighthouse build for your Salem? If not yet, consider it. It will make Salem pump out shells faster!

Hi @Frostbow, I’m not, doesn’t that make you a focus fire magnet for the bots? 

2 minutes ago, DDG44_Vet said:

Hi @Frostbow, I’m not, doesn’t that make you a focus fire magnet for the bots? 

From what I have seen, the bots will focus on either the least healthy ship (cruisers in particular) within range or the nearest target they can find. But the Salem has a superb repair party, and with a full lighthouse build your main battery guns will rip those upgraded bots apart fast.

I use islands as armor as much as I can and anticipate where they will spawn. There's a lot of fun to be had in discovering nice little spots on the map and maximizing opportunities to slap these bitchin' bots quick. 😄

1 minute ago, Frostbow said:

From what I have seen, the bots will focus on either the least healthy ship (cruisers in particular) within range or the nearest target they can find. But the Salem has a superb repair party, and with a full lighthouse build your main battery guns will rip those upgraded bots apart fast.

I use islands as armor as much as I can and anticipate where they will spawn. There's a lot of fun to be had in discovering nice little spots on the map and maximizing opportunities to slap these bitchin' bots quick. 😄

OK thanks, I’ll try it out this weekend.

• Like 1

Maybe just me, but I'm seeing a ton more toxicity in high tier Ops (mostly randoms mains that think they can pawn the bots, but blame everyone else when they get deleted) and... a return of the exploiters in low tiers.

Has to be expected I guess... 

Le sigh.

Got told yesterday my mother died too early to raise me properly. That's a new one... She's 88 and doing just fine, btw.

• Haha 2

We need fresh new Ops... That's all I can say. The novelty of being able to play higher tier ships has already worn off. Yeah, I can clear my daily xp for crates but I don't have much fun doing it with all the annoying vitriol.

Lower tiers (7, being my pick) get endless KW right now for me and the same exploiter crap I saw on the SEA server. Spawn campers galore. Two posts... yep. Just wanted to spit out the "We need fresh new Ops" bit.

• Like 2

This should have been a "fun" game, but really it wasn't. Just playing Jinan like a torpedo DD netted this. Nothing special really, those deep water torps and the smoke work well but I still couldn't kill the Yamatos alone with all their HP...

image.thumb.jpeg.00b41663ae5dd1f45a61f802d0771012.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.305b1f5be41affcdb6f29ae5fd454c1a.jpeg

8 hours ago, xamdam said:

Maybe just me, but I'm seeing a ton more toxicity in high tier Ops (mostly randoms mains that think they can pawn the bots, but blame everyone else when they get deleted) and... a return of the exploiters in low tiers.

Has to be expected I guess... 

Le sigh.

Got told yesterday my mother died too early to raise me properly. That's a new one... She's 88 and doing just fine, btw.

By exploits you mean the one guy going to clear the back waves of KW? I love to have one person that can manage that. Let's me focus on protecting the base. 

28 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

By exploits you mean the one guy going to clear the back waves of KW? I love to have one person that can manage that. Let's me focus on protecting the base. 

Depends on the ship and when. Some go up the outside avoiding the whole base fight and basically sit there until the base is clear, which can be annoying if the base clears slow. Sometimes a BB decides the best use of their skills is to go camp the north spawn point...

However certain cruisers or DDs heading north early can make the whole thing go quicker so can be appreciated.

16 hours ago, xamdam said:

We need fresh new Ops... That's all I can say. The novelty of being able to play higher tier ships has already worn off. Yeah, I can clear my daily xp for crates but I don't have much fun doing it with all the annoying vitriol.

Yes, we do. It is long overdue. However what WG has done instead was add an Operation tied to a specific historical event (D-Day) that is limited to a maximum of Tier VII, and favored premium ships such as Atlanta and WV'44. Perhaps the unstated objective really was to drive new players to purchase premium ships thereby increasing revenues.

I think WG can introduce an unexpected variable in each Operation to break the monotony, and spice things up. What if that Little Trouble was an Ohio? Or a Schlieffen with Lutjens in command? What if the bots were a little bit smarter? That would give players pause. LOL! (And just like clockwork, those who cannot adapt will whine on whatever platform they can get their hands on! Double LOL!)

16 hours ago, xamdam said:

Hahahaha! There's nothing more amusing than seeing Random Battle mains that get deleted by bots and then proceed to blame everyone else! These usually are hyper competitive types that despise PVE players. I would love to type on the in-game chat, "What's the matter clown, can't handle bots?" LOL!

Hahaha.gif.19bd6ebf2d7fb19cf0340da232a293af.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Ohio's first run in high tier Operations. I had a plan for her, and wished for Ultimate Frontier, and fortunately, my wish was granted, and I was able to execute that plan.

555,974 Damage for 2,004 Base XP. 2.8M Potential Damage. Overall good teamwork, with our Schultz racking up 8 kills and our Bungo single-handedly wiping out a full health or near full health battleship.

AP1GczMNubETmgSoaUPfhCsiOk_TTH0P780ALUi_

AP1GczN1dZ1iwscLDaxO_NBQgAtAOobBWK5bxA98

• Like 1

HHHHEEEELLLLLPPPPPP! C'mon guys why do you have to leave me alone to finish Ultimate Frontier! 🤣

My San Martin's first run in high tier Operations and it came down to this: 1 versus 6—three of them were superships. I have less than 50% HP and no more Repair Party left.

A single well-aimed salvo from that Maine and it is all over.

AP1GczPHjU1JFkzhJPxeBHVqvHFcBhz_ANLcPkbO

Aulë's beard!

AP1GczP1tWP_bLixU6J6T32LWHGTVQvfXRlQtARf

Got lucky once more. And another Will to Win! 😄

AP1GczP4FFD_RzruImYQGwjP9cSqXndGDY5UUh_1

AP1GczOIUbtbyMB6hbbjzde6LtZ6qN1BtqX6CwrM

• Like 2

Stalingrad in Aegis. AP only.

With all the broadsides the heavy cruisers and battleships show, Aegis is the target practice Operation. 

619K. 1767 BXP. 35 citadel hits. 3 sunk. Out of 360 AP shells fired, 210 made hits.

AP1GczM9b-Y6letblKE7CyZueh7Fa2yus3GVneTg

AP1GczPCLjepJFHWiCuo7IsgllF0ti-BF6nSBeM1

AP1GczPqH1mdzH-40x5mvkqzRKfFuzIVzLmmzMaT

• Like 4

Sadly, for me, I haven't been able to adjust to the high tier operations. Every time I've tried, I've been shredded within the first two minutes or so.

13 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sadly, for me, I haven't been able to adjust to the high tier operations. Every time I've tried, I've been shredded within the first two minutes or so.

What ships are you using?

2 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

What ships are you using?

Can't remember the exact ships, I've tried a DD and a cruiser. I think the ops were Hermes and Eternal Frontier.

Harugumo's Dakka Dakka in Raptor Rescue. 

1135 hits. 6 kills. 1923 Base XP.

Didn't rescue anything. Just wanted to blast some bots. LOL

AP1GczOm9PodMfBcx-X2_rJM-LzUw90c1_xbX40t

AP1GczOEWVfinCbHFNaMSo_RvFOPynLvvDU0ihlg

On the other hand, this destroyer has been one of my seldom played ships, yet Khabarovsk is still delightful to play.

451963 Damage. 5 kills. And a lot of throttle juking. 

AP1GczNniO2ueIJ8lgRcnoQ9jB9p-tM5CUYTnged

AP1GczP-BTFV-z4SEyDm1WM-yY2753IZa14xFIsq

12 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I've tried a DD and a cruiser. I think the ops were Hermes and Eternal Frontier.

DD in Eternal Frontier? This is how I roll. This is the way. 😄

AP1GczP9oOEIoRhufGGimR-BI96jS2mp7NyMeE40

AP1GczPLoWvCGp5riRDwGMuhm4SwVai5QEeuftCu

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Frostbow said:

DD in Eternal Frontier? This is how I roll. This is the way. 😄

AP1GczP9oOEIoRhufGGimR-BI96jS2mp7NyMeE40

AP1GczPLoWvCGp5riRDwGMuhm4SwVai5QEeuftCu

IIRC, I had the Smolensk in EF, and the DD in Hermes. I wouldn't have gotten that far with either of them....

• Like 1

Matchmaking gave us 4 destroyers on this op, they did as well as they could but man it was a struggle at the end

image.thumb.png.4b6d9dda2c1ae0ead782f9bf1e7098ad.png

• Like 1