Operations & Scenarios

Frostbow

My Pensacola, awkward turrets and all, topped the scoreboard. 😄

shot-24_08.18_00_07.13-0815.thumb.jpg.f7d6fb41de01152f3b295c4afb98bf18.jpg

shot-24_08.18_00_07.10-0496.thumb.jpg.bb4ae225fbceaa9be24546881844de0d.jpg

• Like 3

Part of my little "karma" experiment... Disclaimer, I'm not all that concerned but I've noticed a trend with Ops "players" of late. I do well, and if I'm in a premium ship (which I mostly run in Ops for resource gains) I get "reported"... So petty.

This match, UF, I was the only BB and the only one to spawn north. I said in chat, "I'll go support the friendly bot Aoba on the 10 line" to which I got a "NEGATIVE" from one of the Mainz players. I killed the Omaha, Dallas and Atlanta, meanwhile the bot Farragut had entered base and the guy was spamming to target the Farragut. I killed it as well (it's not much of a issue to the base really). 

Then I ventured out and killed the NC and its supports (with hits on the CV along the way). One of the Mainz players was using the exploit and got 11 kills to my 6 but I was a clear 2nd in the standings. Yet... worthy of a "report" somehow... lol

Karma before, my battle contribution and karma just after (I've been screen shotting my karma when I start and keep an eye on it after each match with this experiment). 

image.thumb.jpeg.9d4af5be53d12cd215dea205be88b3ea.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.fe1136c898f4b5afa7582fee30f90ffb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12da75b63da2df34b396d1a66ebb9d19.jpeg

Sigh... I really wish they'd just get rid of this crap. I'm to the point where I don't even feel like giving a +1 to anyone when I get "reported" for no real reason. But, people...

Edit: Maybe pixelated. The forum software seems to really reduce image size when directly uploaded. 404 karma before, 403 after this one battle.  

Edited by xamdam
  • Like 2

Tirpitz in Cherry Blossom. 13 kills. Top of the scoreboard, with 1912 Base XP.

GV1rypWWMAARx2V?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Zieten in Defense of Newport. A pair of our ships were sunk in the early stages of the Operation, putting the entire effort into a near defeat. I managed to destroy 7 ships before succumbing to Nagato's guns.

319113 DMG. Top of the scoreboard with 1,333 Base XP. 

GV_t-UCXYAAc20r?format=jpg&name=large

GV_t6jGaoAI_fOB?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

I took out Bayard for one more Operation before calling it a day. The game placed us on Cherry Blossom. I was surprised at how fast it was completed—Victory was secured in only 11 minutes. I think credit goes to our Pobeda, who must have systematically destroyed those two airfields. On my end, I was busy shooting at the IJN destroyers coming out of the bay for their ritual slaughter. It could have been better for all if we farmed a little bit more. 

1.9M Credits. 7 Kills. Top of the scoreboard with 1850 Base XP.

GV_wD3IaoAE0g4A?format=jpg&name=large

GV_wFZeaoAEdwte?format=jpg&name=large

GV_wKJ9bAAEtDYT?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

Without the benefit of HE, I had to double my efforts in getting as much damage as possible. Fortunately, the Allende did not disappoint. 

284685 DMG. 37 Citadels. 9 Kills. Top of the scoreboard with 1852 Base XP.

GWAWGouWYAAyaT8?format=jpg&name=large

GWAWGoqXgAAekel?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4

I tried Allende again, and this time in Operation Hermes. I did not expect to top the scoreboard, given the paltry damage output I made. Pleasantly surprised by how this turned out.

152972 DMG. Top of the scoreboard with 1,445 Base XP.

GWKBedsasAApo0_?format=jpg&name=large

GWKBhW4W4AA0NHU?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

After a few days of playing the Allende, I returned to my old favorite, the USS Baltimore. Always a capable heavy cruiser, and does not disappoint, particularly in Aegis.

266163 DMG. Top of the scoreboard with 1,363 Base XP.

GWQCVFWakAAQXss?format=jpg&name=large

GWQCRm2b0AAnwTw?format=jpg&name=large

GWQCRnSWwAU6yoS?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 3

My mainstay in Operations (as it is right now), Mainz. 

421754 DMG. 2271 Base XP. 

GWVL-pYbQAIep2e?format=jpg&name=large

GWVL8TVbQAE3hth?format=jpg&name=large

GWVLg0NbQAAAezR?format=jpg&name=large

GWVLmq5bQAEDcQw?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4

My highest damage yet with the Tier VIII Ignacio Allende. All AP, no HE. No benefit of DOT, unlike HE-armed warships. Still, this was a lot of fun. With the Allende's gimmick, I felt there was no need to go the Repair Station, so I changed my usual route in Ultimate Frontier and relied on the gimmick to make the Repair Party and DCP available as soon as possible in order to survive. 

327723 Damage, and 30 Citadel Hits. 

GWd29nqWAAAYe7Z?format=jpg&name=large

GWd29nNaYAAbmRl?format=jpg&name=large

GWd29nKawAAcEa9?format=jpg&name=large

This might be my last Tier VIII game in Operations for a long time. With Tier IX to XI ships allowed to play in the updated, expanded Operations starting a few days from now, the likes of San Martin, Salem, Schlieffen, Stalingrad, Smolensk, and all those high tier ships waiting for their moment to shine in Operations will definitely be the top priority.

• Like 5

Picked up Salem for the new T10 operations mode, damn this thing can pump out shells

9.6.24.png

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, BlueNautilus said:

Torp boats still fun at higher tier ops!

image.thumb.png.d3127091c39cb89c39c8702ffe2f1e3c.pngimage.png.73d0e40427986f0017553f48c7701d4c.png

Looks like they fixed the BXP issue.

Congrats on a really good game.

• Like 3

After years of waiting we can finally bring high tier ships to Operations! This is a particularly huge quality of life improvement for PVE players like me as it allows the grinding of tech tree ships from Tier VI → Tier X outside of the usual PVP and PVE modes.

Before, the grind from Tier IX → Tier X would be in Co-op or in any of the special modes that were available (e.g., Brawls, Asymmetric, Mode Shuffle, Pinata Hunt, etc.) at that time. However, these modes were temporary, leaving me with limited choices: either to wait for its return, go back to Co-op (where the rewards are meager), or to press on with the grind in Random Battles. This update to Operations removes all of the limitations.

I recently played the Seattle in Cherry Blossom. The USN CL line is my go-to tech line for Research Bureau points. With careful and careless play, the Tier IX light cruiser topped the scoreboard with 2,128 Base XP.

If this was in Co-op, it would have taken me 4 or 5 rounds to get the same amount of Base XP; 6 or more if there were high DPM ships or competent DDs that make quick work of Co-op's kiddie bots. If I played in Random Battles—with the peculiarities of the match maker, the constant threat of overmatch from super battleships, and overly casual players—I would be very lucky to get the same Base XP in the same amount of time it took me to finish Cherry Blossom.
 AP1GczOORdXxDuf7v2epekIQKG60PF-VmRI7v3Ql

AP1GczNRMpUu_KVN2DSV7ECkJ2sK70Q05ROOY1CJ

AP1GczPBjlGyMgHSMg0BeNur7DsVPHM6h5HU6WoN

There are literally a lot of ships that I want to bring here. I've started with a few, and all of it was a blast of fun. My intention now is to get a better feel how my Tier X ships can survive, score big, and carry a team to a win, regardless of the chosen scenario.

Operations has indeed come a long, long way. From the weekly Tier VI Scenarios punctuated by the single and highly popular Tier VII Operation Narai, to Random Operations that peaked at Tier VIII, this update that brings it all the way to Tier XI is an answered prayer!

AP1GczP94ysIFqUZ5V1lvbQr9UQgg054bv6Q8yhX

The screenshot above shows the first time I got 5 stars. This happened many ages ago. LOL

• Like 2

Each time I play the Druid the lifespan of my gaming mouse is reduced by as much as 50%. 😄

359,840 damage with no benefit of torpedoes and flooding or HE and fires. 

AP1GczPWL9PXulgqxWd5GctFHRJBtD6ned0qe1Qc

We had a Rupprecht, Schlieffen, Sherman. I knew my Druid had to work harder for the Base XP. 💪

AP1GczMoBYa2NXTe9t9H_MrqJal7qkJE8x7X9mZ0

119,682 on the Satsuma. 😄

AP1GczMZApSI30Y5dfc0A7PFyS9U5LN1CIypWotY

Will definitely play the Druid in Operations again. I'm looking forward to using it on Aegis. But before that, I have to buy a new mouse! 😂

• Like 3

The old story long known to Man.

I had some good games that ended in defeat due to clowns that cannot be carried to Victory. There really is no redemption for sub 48% WR players who come to Operations and yet will not follow objectives no matter how hard you coach them. 

AP1GczOR85n2FVFkyZkIJULmsbcwpl-GpbCLOUfn

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

The old story long known to Man.

I had some good games that ended in defeat due to clowns that cannot be carried to Victory. There really is no redemption for sub 48% WR players who come to Operations and yet will not follow objectives no matter how hard you coach them. 

AP1GczOR85n2FVFkyZkIJULmsbcwpl-GpbCLOUfn

Truly epic game.  What was you BXP for this one?

• Thanks 1

I love the changes to operations with... one key exception. As I whined about in a few ops why the heck did WG seem to COMPLETELY forget that half of the T9/T10 american and Japanese ships exist? Zao, ibuki, takahashi and Yodo exist, yet all there is, is azuma and shinano. Also shimakaze just does not exist, it's only the gunboat line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, raptor_alcor said:

I love the changes to operations with... one key exception. As I whined about in a few ops why the heck did WG seem to COMPLETELY forget that half of the T9/T10 american and Japanese ships exist? Zao, ibuki, takahashi and Yodo exist, yet all there is, is azuma and shinano. Also shimakaze just does not exist, it's only the gunboat line.

Welcome to the Forums, @raptor_alcor! Happy to see you here. 

Yes, there's no shortage of Yoshinos and Azumas in the updated Operations. It could be a conscious decision to balance juicy broadsides for the player to crush, and lethal firepower of the said cruisers (they seem to have improved HE pen and alpha) to give any player pause. 

With the Shimakaze it could take a lot of time before they can launch their torpedoes or they could enjoy their stealth and prove to be a pain to locate should their script go bonkers. On the other hand, those gunboat DDs you encounter in Cherry Blossom, particularly the first wave, have a few tricks up their sleeve. I literally saw a GK get sunk by the torpedoes that was launched by the bots with the help of their torpedo reload booster. It was hilarious fun!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Truly epic game.  What was you BXP for this one?

Thanks. 684 Base XP. 

At least I was able to get the Festive Token.