Confused about event

Wulf_Ace

image.thumb.jpeg.0e078a23d3f59a725973377568a64ac5.jpeg

So this new polar event. Missions get you 25 tokens, you cant buy german premium container, next mission is in 5 days, and offer resets in 3 days?? Like what am I missing here?

And do we exactly know what is next offer. Premium black friday containers? Do this german ones disappear ? Can anybody shed some light on this event. To save this tokens and wait or..?

There is a guaranteed premium ship at the end of this mission chain. That's what you're really playing for. The rest is just fluff and distractions. Concentrate on the main game.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

There is a guaranteed premium ship at the end of this mission chain. That's what you're really playing for. The rest is just fluff and distractions. Concentrate on the main game.

One of those four German ships, right?

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Can anybody shed some light on this event.

The final reward is a premium ship, the Tier-8 "D. Pozharsky".

Complete the combat missions to obtain Arctic Tokens—a new temporary resource that can be spent on various items in the Armory.

Complete the 3rd and 7th combat mission groups to obtain a special mystery reward! What's it going to be? We won't spoil the surprise… You'll find out what it is when the corresponding combat mission group becomes available.

More information about combat missions can be found in the game client.

The final reward for completing all the combat mission groups is 

VIII D. POZHARSKY

Project 68-bis cruiser Dmitry Pozharsky was laid down in Leningrad at plant No. 189 in February 1952, launched in June 1953, and commissioned in December 1954. In February 1955, she was integrated into the Northern Fleet, but in the summer of that year, she was transferred to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, becoming part of the 14th Cruiser Division of the Pacific Fleet. In 1961, she was transferred to the 9th Division of anti-submarine ships, and in 1967—to the 10th Operational Squadron, permanently based in the Indian Ocean.

The cruiser is armed with twelve 152 mm main battery guns which fire only AP shells with improved ricochet angles and flat ballistics. She's also equipped with two quintuple-tube torpedo launchers armed with short-range torpedoes. The ship features high damage per minute and decent maneuverability, but she doesn't have the best concealment. Her consumables are represented by Short-Burst Smoke Generator and Hydroacoustic Search or Defensive AA Fire in one slot.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/voyage-to-the-north-pole/

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

yes I got that but why put 50 tokens container if you cant buy it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I recall during the entire event, prizes will be rotated together with the primary event. Like the secondary prizes would be changed into Black Friday-themed ones soon.

9 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

The current set of items will be available until the end of the event. We just get a new set of items added each week. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

So this new polar event. Missions get you 25 tokens, you cant buy german premium container, next mission is in 5 days, and offer resets in 3 days?? Like what am I missing here?

And do we exactly know what is next offer. Premium black friday containers? Do this german ones disappear ? Can anybody shed some light on this event. To save this tokens and wait or..?

It shows I can purchase the 5 token crate. Have you earned any of the tokens needed yet? You need 50 of them to get the one for 50 and we haven't been able to get that many yet. As soon as you get 50 you should be able to get it if you want it. Pretty standard practice to have all rewards available even though it takes us a while to earn the needed stuff.

1.thumb.jpg.73da91c0b861213b441f11c91b8a16b7.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.2353d3bd823116abfde3dc48be160884.jpg

It also says, if you click the info icon, that the content will be updated in the future with other stuff like Black Friday content.

3.thumb.jpg.0f932b9c568928b7d1247dd43c656200.jpg

So, you can buy crates now, if you have enough tokens, or hold on to the tokens until new stuff is added and you have more on hand to buy with.

Pretty standard armory type event other than they will add to the items available as it goes along (that is new I believe).

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It shows I can purchase the 5 token crate. Have you earned any of the tokens needed yet? You need 50 of them to get the one for 50 and we haven't been able to get that many yet. As soon as you get 50 you should be able to get it if you want it. Pretty standard practice to have all rewards available even though it takes us a while to earn the needed stuff.

It also says, if you click the info icon, that the content will be updated in the future with other stuff like Black Friday content.

So, you can buy crates now, if you have enough tokens, or hold on to the tokens until new stuff is added and you have more on hand to buy with.

Pretty standard armory type event other than they will add to the items available as it goes along (that is new I believe).

Thanks.

Somedays, I feel like Vinnie Barbaino....

"  I'm sooooo confused.... "

Cauze.......they can, duh........(where's the face slap icon when we need it?)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Asym said:

Cauze.......they can, duh........(where's the face slap icon when we need it?)

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♀️
Open the emoji menu and use the search feature with the word facepalm.  🙂 

Because leaving the slot empty would risk programming SNAFUs that they would rather not handle, is my guess. KISS principle.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Pretty sure these remain here till the end of the event and other stuff just gets added in...

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Wiki seems a bit sparse yet...

...anyway, seems pretty gimmicky.

probbly a premium version  of   the chapa 

Edited by Gaelic_knight

6 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Pretty sure these remain here till the end of the event and other stuff just gets added in...

Yes. Don't think I said the current stuff would be replaced just new stuff added to it down the road?

52 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

probbly a premium version  of   the chapa 

It is the same thing as Mikhail Kutuzov but with AP only (slightly improved pen angles) and short burst smoke instead of standard smoke like Kutuzov has. Kutuzov was a beast before the smoke firing nerf. Now it is just ok.

Kutuzov and Dmitry Pozharsky were Sverdlov class Cruisers built in the 1950's. Chapayev was the lead ship of the Chapayev class Cruisers. They were all laid down in the late 1930's and completion ranged from the 40's to early 50's. Different ship classes.

1.thumb.jpg.d338e8290986f279b1ff912f1b79a90a.jpg

• Like 2