Lushun Dockyard combat missions.

Kaiserliche_garde

I am struggling with the week eight Lushun Dockyard combat missions.  I already completed the first four missions, but the ship class specific missions with 35k bxp for each is for some reason taking longer.  I have 29k out of 35k for the Battleships and only 18k out of 35k for the Destroyers and very little of the other classes.  Between being on the losing side of a blowout in randoms or ranked and the low bxp in co-op, getting bxp has been a struggle for me.  I've had a few games with four ships destroyed, so close to getting the kraken mission completed.

Anybody else struggling with this week's dockyard combat missions or is it just me?

I know that we still have three more weeks to complete the dockyard, but I cannot remember a time where I did not clear a mission week on time (except that damn first Puerto Rico dockyard).

I have found that Brawl is particularly useful in hashing out those missions you mentioned. It might be a little late in that there is a day of T7 Brawls left but it might help with the destroyers aspect of it especially if you aim to cap and do gunfights with the opponent DDs if they have them for quick and fast exp to reset to the next game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

I already completed the first four missions, but the ship class specific missions with 35k bxp for each is for some reason taking longer. 

Concentrate on what is necessary to clear hurdles and unlock the next mission as soon as it drops (or as soon as possible thereafter). Put the rest aside.

Pick TWO ship types and two only, if you have not done so already, and run with those. Use your port filters to exclude everything else. Out of sight, out of mind.

Remember that we have three weeks left (in-game timer is displaying 21 days left as I type this).

The final missions are combat-based, and going by previous experience should be able to be finished in short order in co-op (I am probably going to go for cruisers, since it's arguably the easiest, and carriers, since I have Aquila and she is extraordinarily good at farming cits). 

Ignore the randoms/ranked only missions. It's great if you can do them along the way, but trying to get them and repeatedly failing will sap your morale. 

For the non-type-specific missions in the final set, keep the following in mind:

1) 40,000 XP is only a little more than what it takes to get all three daily crates.

2) Winning 18 battles is quick and easy in co-op.

3) 40 Fire and Flood ribbons will probably come easy as you do the combat tasks - just don't choose British or Pan-American cruisers if you have other options.

4) 2.5 million damage will probably accrue while you're finishing the type-specific combat tasks. If it doesn't, then this will probably be the last mission you need to complete and you will be free to run it with whatever ship types you like. 

I hadn't originally planned on finishing this Dockyard, but the Anniversary threw me a metric ton of Elite Commander XP in supercontainers and brought me significantly closer to my goal of having a 21 point commander in every nation. So I'm playing for the 90,000 ECXP in prize slot 28, and if I'm that close already then I might as well round it off and give myself the option to grab the Lushun at minimum cost (without starting boosters).

• Thanks 1

Keep in mind that you have 2 weeks to finish this.  The last series should be easy to finish within a week, so that gives you some extra time to finish week 6.  If you stick to the overall timeline, you are on track to finish by the end within the time frame allotted. 

Edited by HamptonRoads

On 10/8/2023 at 8:04 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Concentrate on what is necessary to clear hurdles and unlock the next mission as soon as it drops (or as soon as possible thereafter). Put the rest aside.

Pick TWO ship types and two only, if you have not done so already, and run with those. Use your port filters to exclude everything else. Out of sight, out of mind.

Remember that we have three weeks left (in-game timer is displaying 21 days left as I type this).

The final missions are combat-based, and going by previous experience should be able to be finished in short order in co-op (I am probably going to go for cruisers, since it's arguably the easiest, and carriers, since I have Aquila and she is extraordinarily good at farming cits). 

Ignore the randoms/ranked only missions. It's great if you can do them along the way, but trying to get them and repeatedly failing will sap your morale. 

For the non-type-specific missions in the final set, keep the following in mind:

1) 40,000 XP is only a little more than what it takes to get all three daily crates.

2) Winning 18 battles is quick and easy in co-op.

3) 40 Fire and Flood ribbons will probably come easy as you do the combat tasks - just don't choose British or Pan-American cruisers if you have other options.

4) 2.5 million damage will probably accrue while you're finishing the type-specific combat tasks. If it doesn't, then this will probably be the last mission you need to complete and you will be free to run it with whatever ship types you like. 

I hadn't originally planned on finishing this Dockyard, but the Anniversary threw me a metric ton of Elite Commander XP in supercontainers and brought me significantly closer to my goal of having a 21 point commander in every nation. So I'm playing for the 90,000 ECXP in prize slot 28, and if I'm that close already then I might as well round it off and give myself the option to grab the Lushun at minimum cost (without starting boosters).

I think you might be looking at the final set of Dockyard combat missions.  I was talking about the second to last set of combat missions.  Anyway, I finished the base xp missions in the second to last set of combat missions today that were taking too long for me, I was just a little perturbed about not clearing that set on time.  Yes I see that the final set of Dockyard combat missions are actually much easier to complete than the previous/second to last set of missions.  Kleber and Henri IV in co-op have already got me caught up in many of the final missions.

I wonder why the final missions seem easier to complete than the previous set of missions.  I now have no doubt that I will complete the whole Dockyard this weekend.

I was behind on the 35k base XP tasks, as well, and it looked like I wouldn't finish them before the next stage opened.

Fortunately I got a Kraken, giving me another task completion and removing one of my 35k base XP requirements.  I still barely finished before this stage opened.

I'm in good shape, now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I was behind on the 35k base XP tasks, as well, and it looked like I wouldn't finish them before the next stage opened.

Fortunately I got a Kraken, giving me another task completion and removing one of my 35k base XP requirements.  I still barely finished before this stage opened.

I'm in good shape, now.

Ooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!  Lucky you, I was also trying for the kraken to finish that set of missions.  I had a handful of four kill games, but just could not get that fifth.  Had I completed that kraken mission I would have easily completed before the end of Sunday since I had the Battleship base xp mission finished, it was the Destroyer base xp mission that took me longer to finish, which was earlier today.

Don't sweat it if you don't finish the 35 BXP tasks "on time."  I just finished the final chain, so as long you give yourself 2-3 days to finish up you should fine.  

9 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Don't sweat it if you don't finish the 35 BXP tasks "on time."  I just finished the final chain, so as long you give yourself 2-3 days to finish up you should fine.  

Yup.  Finished the second to last set of missions yesterday morning and am already catching up.  This last set of missions are much easier than the previous set.  I shouldn't have a problem finishing over the weekend.

10 hours ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

I was also trying for the kraken to finish that set of missions.  I had a handful of four kill games, but just could not get that fifth.  Had I completed that kraken mission I would have easily completed before the end of Sunday

While I wasn't even trying for a Kraken when I earned that one, I do have a 'technique' I plan to employ when I am trying for a Kraken for a task:

Play Tier 5 early in the morning.

Game population is lower early, and sometimes nearly non-existent at Tier 5.  You may end up with teams largely composed of :bots:.  It's still a Random game, so killing those :bots: can still give you a Kraken.  I haven't attempted this very often because I don't usually need a Kraken for a task, but in theory it should give an advantage.

12 hours ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

I think you might be looking at the final set of Dockyard combat missions.  I was talking about the second to last set of combat missions. 

My first two paragraphs directly addressed the second-last set of combat missions.

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My first two paragraphs directly addressed the second-last set of combat missions.

My apologies.  I re-read your post and the latter part you did specify final set of combat missions.  I have already almost finished the 40 fire/flood and 100 destroyed/torp missions exclusively playing Kleber in co-op.  I plan on finishing the rest of the missions plus the Cruiser mission with Henri IV and or Salem/Des Moines in co-op.

2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

While I wasn't even trying for a Kraken when I earned that one, I do have a 'technique' I plan to employ when I am trying for a Kraken for a task:

Play Tier 5 early in the morning.

Game population is lower early, and sometimes nearly non-existent at Tier 5.  You may end up with teams largely composed of :bots:.  It's still a Random game, so killing those :bots: can still give you a Kraken.  I haven't attempted this very often because I don't usually need a Kraken for a task, but in theory it should give an advantage.

I tend to stay away from mid tier ships unless I am forced to play ranked or brawls.

7 minutes ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

My apologies. 

No probs.

As someone who wasn't seriously trying until recently and has mostly been carried along on a wave of spamming ships for anniversary tokens and other small missions, I was most surprised last night to find myself done with the second-last mission set, only two days behind schedule. 

• Like 1