"We reward the best players of 2022!"

Frostbow

World of Warships RU Server recently awarded 15,000 Doubloons to each and every player who made it to the leaderboards of each class of ship (with the exception of submarines).

Details here: https://korabli.su/ru/news/general-news/best-players-2022/

I say this is a very nice gesture.

image.thumb.png.f2ae9a45896826d43f343249e1abee06.png

Meanwhile, on the other servers: *crickets*

😄

• Like 1

Not surprising. MK (old WoWs RU) has a player population problem. Their devs are being comparatively generous with rewards to encourage player engagement.

WoWs, on the other hand, appears to be pursuing a more aggressive monetization strategy to offset the cost of spinning off the original development studio and having to relocate and replace much of the dev team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

Not surprising. MK (old WoWs RU) has a player population problem. Their devs are being comparatively generous with rewards to encourage player engagement.

WoWs, on the other hand, appears to be pursuing a more aggressive monetization strategy to offset the cost of spinning off the original development studio and having to relocate and replace much of the dev team.

Indeed.

There is no free lunch here.

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

USD250 million in lost revenues...

The population base of that server and the countries it services have a ton of problems right now economically and societally, so I'm not surprised the people running it are trying desperately both to keep players in their game and present an image of confidence and stability.  Players on other servers don't need such to keep playing and believing their game is doing well, so I can see why WG isn't doing the same.

Edited by Jakob Knight

11 hours ago, Frostbow said:

World of Warships RU Server recently awarded 15,000 Doubloons to each and every player who made it to the leaderboards of each class of ship (with the exception of submarines).

Details here: https://korabli.su/ru/news/general-news/best-players-2022/

I say this is a very nice gesture.

image.thumb.png.f2ae9a45896826d43f343249e1abee06.png

Meanwhile, on the other servers: *crickets*

😄

And guess who made it on that list ........x3

0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Congratulations to the winners.

Winner. Singular. Guess who? Flamu!

Except for CVs, apparently he refused to participate in those. 

Gotta say, it makes you realize why he flames other people so easily. When you’re literally the best, it’s kinda hard not to see everyone else as utter garbage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mordt said:

Winner. Singular. Guess who? Flamu!

Except for CVs, apparently he refused to participate in those. 

Gotta say, it makes you realize why he flames other people so easily. When you’re literally the best, it’s kinda hard not to see everyone else as utter garbage. 

There's a reason I put this in my profile signature/quotes lines.  -->  "It is the strong who can afford to be gentle." 

Edited to add:  Thanks for the correction about the "winner singular" information, though.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

22 hours ago, Frostbow said:

World of Warships RU Server

no.

Not the RU Server. Not World of Warships.

It's a different game, owned and run by a different company.

To use a programming term, its a fork of World of Warships and now it is it's own thing.

Like Open Office vs LibreOffice

So much looks the same but different products.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Grantwhy said:

no.

To use a programming term, its a fork of World of Warships and now it is it's own thing.

I wonder how long until they release the RU Missile Ships they were testing a while back but WG decided not to go forward with (at least yet). 

42 minutes ago, Grantwhy said:

no.

We can agree to disagree.

In my book both are still essentially the same game. 

• Like 1