Who have you seen in battle? A New Thread for a New Forum.

Ensign Cthulhu

8 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

Met @thornzero in a brawl. 

My team was defeated proper. Sorry I didn't pick up on it that you were there. Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wowzery said:

Think I just saw @Ensign Cthulhu in a coop battle, in a Smolensk.  I was in the Missouri behind you.

I did see you. Excuse the bad manners. Was distracted.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I did see you. Excuse the bad manners. Was distracted.

Don't be, I wasn't sure it was you until I came back to the forum to check the spelling of your name.

• Like 1

Shared a Co-op battle with @Musket22
Was nice to see a fellow forum member in a game, no matter how grumpy they felt about submarines.  😄 

image_2024-08-15_101809114.thumb.png.b6ba2e9fa32dc3b8da3a7d3a41ab9f66.png 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2

Notice I didn't have a problem dealing with him - was Just irritating.

🙂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

@OldSchoolGaming_Youtube how did you like your Kurfurst teammate exploring the back of the map and complaining about coward DD:s not coming closer

Aah you were the guy in the Humphries? GG, you were really a thorn in my side contesting those caps. I managed to take A and B but then died at C when I was surprised by the Halland coming around the corner and manage to get stuck on one of those small islands.

Yeah the Kurfurst guy was hilarious. Our Yugumo was a bit confused at first who he was speaking to since both me and Yugumo was right in the middle of the caps, but we then understood he was getting fed up getting torp spammed by youre Halland.

We had Kurfurst in our spawn and our Incomp in youre spawn while us 2 DDs trying to hold on to caps .....

Do you like Super Gearing? I like Kunming after the conceal buff but it seems like it takes every Alpha damage it can. I was below half HP after our first encounter at A cap.

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Aah you were the guy in the Humphries? GG, you were really a thorn in my side contesting those caps. I managed to take A and B but then died at C when I was surprised by the Halland coming around the corner and manage to get stuck on one of those small islands.

Yeah the Kurfurst guy was hilarious. Our Yugumo was a bit confused at first who he was speaking to since both me and Yugumo was right in the middle of the caps, but we then understood he was getting fed up getting torp spammed by youre Halland.

We had Kurfurst in our spawn and our Incomp in youre spawn while us 2 DDs trying to hold on to caps .....

Do you like Super Gearing? I like Kunming after the conceal buff but it seems like it takes every Alpha damage it can. I was below half HP after our first encounter at A cap.

I think I do, though I just got it so verdict uncertain and I only got 13pts cap on it so no RPF. It's weird to be happy about basically Gearing with better ballistics, but one of the things that holds Gearing back for me always was that the shells don't like to stay in atmosphere. 

I was just trying to play real careful since I don't know the ship well (and recognizing your name). Also was there a Zao or something really annoying hanging around there? Memory's not so good these days, heh. 

Dunno about Kunming but at least one of the weaknesses of Yamagiri (compared to Shimakaze) I've found is that it's really big and turns significantly worse. I don't like big destroyers unless they do some goofy Elbing/Khabarovsk stuff. Actually that's one of the things I hate about Gearing too, it's basically a big box that nobody can miss.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

I think I do, though I just got it so verdict uncertain and I only got 13pts cap on it so no RPF. It's weird to be happy about basically Gearing with better ballistics, but one of the things that holds Gearing back for me always was that the shells don't like to stay in atmosphere. 

I was just trying to play real careful since I don't know the ship well (and recognizing your name). Also was there a Zao or something really annoying hanging around there? Memory's not so good these days, heh. 

Dunno about Kunming but at least one of the weaknesses of Yamagiri (compared to Shimakaze) I've found is that it's really big and turns significantly worse. I don't like big destroyers unless they do some goofy Elbing/Khabarovsk stuff. Actually that's one of the things I hate about Gearing too, it's basically a big box that nobody can miss.

Yeah, I never really actually like the US DD line. I liked Fletcher way more than I liked Gearing. For me Gearing got somewhat better when they changed so you could use Fletchers torps on it instead of standard, but still I feel the line to be really "Meeeh" and these days really Powercrept by all other nations.

But I do LOVE the Premiums like Sherman, Kidd and the other T8 with heals. I would LOVE Benham IF I had it (Wink wink WG...)

Yeah, it was basically me and Zao who actually tried to play the objective and win the game, and we both died because we had Zero BB support. I really wonder when BB Mains will start to figure out Game modes and what the strange circels on the map stands for....

I never played any DD that takes the amount of damage the Kunming does. Dont know if its a bug regarding its "armor" or something but every shell, from Anything, seems to take 6000 HP from you. As I said, after our first encounter I was down to below half HP from 24 000 and I smoked up really fast after spotting you. You did some great blind fire into my smoke as well.

Only have Kunming and Zorkiy as Super DDs, now im saving credits for Jacksonville that looks promising.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I never played any DD that takes the amount of damage the Kunming does. Dont know if its a bug regarding its "armor" or something but every shell, from Anything, seems to take 6000 HP from you. As I said, after our first encounter I was down to below half HP from 24 000 and I smoked up really fast after spotting you. You did some great blind fire into my smoke as well.

Only have Kunming and Zorkiy as Super DDs, now im saving credits for Jacksonville that looks promising.

It's hard to say for sure since there's no easy way to side by side compare ships in game, but it looks like Kunming presents a larger target than a Grozovoi for example. Especially the bow section looks high.

The Hump (yeah I'm gonna call it that) HE burst does 16200 after the usual HE pen 1/3 reduction. Which seems pretty nuts when I actually look at that number.

• Like 1

Shared some games with @Ensign Cthulhu as a member of his division in PTS while he was Twitch streaming, today.
Good session.  🙂 

15 hours ago, Unlooky said:

Happy to see a familiar face from Devstrike! We seem to be running into each other recently. GG!

• Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 8:25 AM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I liked Fletcher way more than I liked Gearing. 

IIRC that was a very common opinion back in the day. 

Gearing getting remodelled so she was a little lower in the water and a little bit skinnier has helped her somewhat, but the Fletcher Enjoyers Club shows no signs of becoming defunct - and WG knows it (Chung Mu, Velos, Johnston, Kidd, etc. etc. etc.). 

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Fletcher Enjoyers Club shows no signs of becoming defunct - and WG knows it (Chung Mu, Velos, Johnston, Kidd, etc. etc. etc.).

I love some of the Fletcher variants, Kidd is a monster and for some reason Chung Mu and I make a good mix... but I find Fletcher herself somewhat bland, she's a pleasure to drive but I don't feel her particularly effective... like everything you face at that tier is a clear and present danger... 

Just met @thornzero in his New York.
Sad for him he  spawned just in front of me. I was in Z-39.

Honestly I did not do anything fantastic... except sinking him (the double fire at the end was a bit rude).
Till next time.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A gentleman and a scholar. Our team managed to sink one single solitary ship of the team of @Silence_CN rendering us speechless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sharing a Co-op battle with @Col_NASTY as I type this.  🙂 

Edited to add:  Good game.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Sharing a Co-op battle with @Col_NASTY as I type this.  🙂 

Edited to add:  Good game.  🙂 

Good to see you!  SHOW_OFF 🤣

I'm struggling to find something to kill and you are POSTING while you are Blasting Bots??

now-youre-just-showing-off-jesse-mills.gif.0ed5a765f05b99c45155c3db13bfb64b.gif

GG😁

• Haha 3