Who have you seen in battle? A New Thread for a New Forum.

Ensign Cthulhu

31 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

In ops today, spotted too late for a callout, @xamdam in his massive Massa. Don't think he spotted me, in my mini mainz. Also a friendly Yorktown, who provided multiple smoke corridors. First time I've traveled the Ways, very impressive.

Oh hey! Yes, I remember that battle and the Yorktown smoking us. I remember there were maybe a couple Mainz in the mix but honestly, I didn't check the player names... GG, we 5 star'd it. Fun times, o7!

• Like 1

No that was just me, flapping all over the place.

image.png.48cef06e6fe386204a2c8c62d7c0a67b.png

But we did 5-Star it, with the Yorktown's significant help, yes sir.

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
clarification added
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw HazeGrayUnderway a couple times recently. I don't think he's here so I messaged him to give him the URL. No reply yet.

• Like 3

On 1/15/2024 at 7:58 PM, I_cant_Swim_ said:

No that was just me, flapping all over the place.

image.png.48cef06e6fe386204a2c8c62d7c0a67b.png

But we did 5-Star it, with the Yorktown's significant help, yes sir.

Well, FWIW, there's usually a couple Mainzy types in each battle! Perhaps that's why I was confused.

I still haven't played my Yorktown much yet. I do think it can be useful in some Ops. Hermes one (but its planes will get shreded... the smoke is the best tool and maybe keeping the KM CV lit long enough for people to hit it). Raptor certainly and UF as well. Maybe Aegis and Killer Whale.

Newport and Narai are the tough ones. Too much concentrated AA and not enough places for efficient smokes. Anyhow, I'll keep it for adventures regardless.

It's always fun to see a forum person, or former forum person around. My old contact list is pretty empty these days.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Had the good luck to sail with @SolitudeFreak in @Ensign Cthulhu's division during @Ensign Cthulhu's Twitch stream.
My internet connection was having wonky issues and disconnects, but it was still fun overall.  Good session.  🙂 

It was a pleasure to have you both aboard. It helped me take a good, hefty chunk out of that damage mission, to the point where I was able to finish it in between IRL stuff later. 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It was a pleasure to have you both aboard. It helped me take a good, hefty chunk out of that damage mission, to the point where I was able to finish it in between IRL stuff later. 👍

👍

Enjoyed sailing in @Lord_Zath's division during his Twitch stream, today.  Good session.  🙂 
Fun Tier-2 game for giggles.  🙂 

• Like 1

I did meet @Torino2dc on the red team in a random battle on the test server. I was commanding a St. Vincent, and at the very end we did win. Happy and lucky greens. 😇

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2024 at 5:49 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Enjoyed sailing in @Lord_Zath's division during his Twitch stream, today.  Good session.  🙂 
Fun Tier-2 game for giggles.  🙂 

So glad you wanted tier 2 LOLOL

• Thanks 1

In a  match with @Admiral_Karasu!

image.png.3c0ec41375e51209e0872dc33b96bdd7.pngScreenshot2024-01-24183154.png.55a6f3268f6d4900c6d6bf4e7b79e2ae.png

EDIT: I tried to snipe him but he was very sneaky and slippery...

Edited by BlueNautilus
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, BlueNautilus said:

In a  match with @Admiral_Karasu!

image.png.3c0ec41375e51209e0872dc33b96bdd7.pngScreenshot2024-01-24183154.png.55a6f3268f6d4900c6d6bf4e7b79e2ae.png

EDIT: I tried to snipe him but he was very sneaky and slippery...

Lol. Nice to run into you, well.. not literally, but in the same battle. I wasn't quite sneaky enough, because I was being constantly spotted. Our DM gave me a 5 minute lecture during the latter part of the battle how I should have abandoned my flank and come cover him at C because that's where a certain ARP Yamato and some other ships were at. Actually, first time ever I think I saw big ships go where DD's usually go like that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Actually, first time ever I think I saw big ships go where DD's usually go like that.

Yeah, the map was Norther Lights, and the island between B and C is quite tall, plus there are mountain ridges on A side and C side, so depending on match-making and team movement, it's not unusual for BB/CA/CL to move close to the island next to B since there you can take at least partial cover (in fact, your team's Venezia spent quite a bit of time sitting on the north side of the same island I was hugging).  I went to B in that match because I saw your team's Malta trying to hide behind that island on north side of A/B and I had to get rid of him 😄

Edited by BlueNautilus
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, BlueNautilus said:

Yeah, the map was Norther Lights, and the island between B and C is quite tall, plus there are mountain ridges on A side and C side, so depending on match-making and team movement, it's not unusual for BB/CA/CL to move close to the island next to B since there you can take at least partial cover (in fact, your team's Venezia spent quite a bit of time sitting on the north side of the same island I was hugging).  I went to B in that match because I saw your team's Malta trying to hide behind that island on north side of A/B and I had to get rid of him 😄

That's one of the perils of Wargaming Sea, the magnetic islands.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tangofan said:

Thanks to @Ensign Cthulhu whom I just met in a coop battle I found this forum. 😀

And he topped the team, too. Tango, I mean.

Always happy to guide a wandering soul home.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 3

Had the good fortune to be in a division with @Ensign Cthulhu during his Twitch stream, today.
I had three disconnects in a row (at the end of three separate games).  So I ran a "check & repair".
Tha seemed to solve the issue(s).

Good session.  🙂