Gold Ammo Introduction?

majmac

These look like a continuation of the other unique upgrades, like the GK's "improved ammunition hoists" which buff reload speed at the cost of additional range.

Some are worth taking, some aren't.

there's a pretty massive difference between those tier 10 upgrades and gold ammo, not least of which being the way they're purchased. not sure how you're getting to that conclusion.

but if you want to bring up how ridiculous that petro upgrade is, i'm all for it. 10% is a bit.. much.

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction

Yeah, I'm not seeing the correlation between an expensive upgrade and gold ammo.  There are upgrades for other things as well,  like torps but it usually has it's cost and some are better than others.   I personally wish they wouldn't do that, but pffft, lol 

You are probably right, I was just interested to see that these are specifically focussed on improving the performance of the ordinance, not on buffing speed, reload, dispersion etc.

LOL I asked the same question on  WOWs reddit. POLITELY

Because the pics etc made it look like special ammo.

Admiral Thunder answered it and cleared it up very well.

I thanked him.

INSTANTLY I had a negative 6 Karma on reddit.

Closed my brand new reddit account.

2 hours ago, majmac said:

Is WG planning to introduce Gold Ammo to WoWS?

Given that they long ago got rid of paying doubloons for premium consumables, and finally went as far as making all consumables premium for no charge, I wouldn't think so. 

26 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

LOL I asked the same question on  WOWs reddit. POLITELY

Because the pics etc made it look like special ammo.

Admiral Thunder answered it and cleared it up very well.

I thanked him.

INSTANTLY I had a negative 6 Karma on reddit.

Closed my brand new reddit account.

Reminds me of why I deleted my reddit account in 2018 for much the same behavior. Downvotes are for when you add nothing of use to the subject discussed. I was telling of the healthy, vibrant environment of Tier 1 randoms (I know, I know... it now sounds like a delusional dream, but it was true until WG nuked it) and was downvoted mercilessly by those who 1) didn't actually play Tier 1 randoms but 2) were certain sure that their ideas of what happens there were the absolute truth. They couldn't argue against me as I had experience (over 5000 battles IN TIER 1) and evidence (many vids including the stats on most of the players in those vids - most with hundreds and some with thousands of games IN TIER 1), so their only pitiful option was just to downvote me.

After a couple of months I decided to let the rabid ignorance alone and leave that platform. Never missed it. Never.

Well.....the prime resource for getting these upgrades is FXP which IS purchasable so..... not impossible. Given that WarGambling give up on balancing in favour of financiaL gains.....

Otherwise Reddit is also known as the Wild West and it is closely monitored by Weegee staff, who regulary downvote critical posts/comments to prevent them getting traction....

Ethics in NOT Weegee's forte to put it politely.

There is sometimes a down side to using the unique upgrades, I thinks its a matter of choice on if it fits how you play, but at least you have the choice.

12 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well.....the prime resource for getting these upgrades is FXP which IS purchasable

Or you can just reset and replay the line. I know Lord Zath has reground the IJN gunboat destroyers quite a few times now, and one double reset is enough for one UU, so there's that. It's not hard to do across 90 days, but it takes patience and forward planning. 

12 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Given that WarGambling give up on balancing in favour of financiaL gains.....

So they want to make money. Who doesn't?

47 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Or you can just reset and replay the line. I know Lord Zath has reground the IJN gunboat destroyers quite a few times now, and one double reset is enough for one UU, so there's that. It's not hard to do across 90 days, but it takes patience and forward planning. 

Yeah..... you know.... I did that too 🙂 . I mean Colbert doesnt came for free nor the UU for Shima 😛  And I use RB points for signals so..... I do it regularly 🙂

54 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So they want to make money. Who doesn't?

Thats not the point. As far as I'm concerned  they can make all the moneyz in tbhe world. But they DGAFF about the health of the game let alone balance in the process.