Somme Collection Progress

o4x4

I'm making progress on the Somme collection via completion of missions.  Not finished yet, though.

shot-23_08.20_16_58.42-0946.thumb.jpg.8802bdfa3c5ef18cd01455e2af74838e.jpg

shot-23_08.20_17_59.13-0617.thumb.jpg.f72650a01a3e4fb3713c4cbbf871b52b.jpg

Edited to add:  I sailed my Tier-9 Hybrid-BB, the Delaware, in a mix of Co-op and random battles.  It was a pleasant surprise to see how effective her planes were for completing spotting-damage missions and her guns were decent at starting fires, too.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

I long ago realized I don't play the game enough to participate in these kinds of events.

Congratulations to all those who reached the finish line!

• Like 1

Ther's no way I can finish week 3, let alone week 4. I have 26 unique pieces and 17 or so dups, making it even harder to complete.

Done and dusted. Grabbed the ship on Friday, spent the weekend clearing up the loose ends.

Condolences to all those who won't make it. Good luck to those dashing for the finish line. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Done and dusted. Grabbed the ship on Friday, spent the weekend clearing up the loose ends.

Condolences to all those who won't make it. Good luck to those dashing for the finish line. 

Same

So glad I'm finished. Now I can watch others try and get it done. 

• Thanks 1

I have one puzzle piece to collect.  I don't play subs so those two event tasks I can't do....  I guess, I'll buy a crate tomorrow for the 100 dubs I get when I log in....

That will do it.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if these containers are going to be available another way later? I kind of took a break from the game for a month.

1 hour ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Does anyone know if these containers are going to be available another way later? I kind of took a break from the game for a month.

Unfortunately, it was announced on the website that these containers will only be available until Aug 24, 03:00 AM PT (UTC-7)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/collections-126/

Which is kind of sad, but not surprising. FOMO is a tactic game developers such as WG use day-in and day-out.

26 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Unfortunately, it was announced on the website that these containers will only be available until Aug 24, 03:00 AM PT (UTC-7)

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/collections-126/

Which is kind of sad, but not surprising. FOMO is a tactic game developers such as WG use day-in and day-out.

It doesn't say they will never be available down the road for Coal just that right now they will only be available until Aug 24th. Every other special collection crate has eventually made it to the Armory after the event ends, so people who fell a little short can finish, at some point and I would assume these will as well. I just wouldn't expect it soon. But eventually I would.

To be safe though grind your tuckuss off now or open your wallet for some crates and get Somme now if you want it. This is WG after all and you never know what they will do.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

This is WG after all and you never know what they will do.

This. Just because previous collection crates eventually found their way to the Armory does not mean it will happen in the case of Somme.

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The duplicates can be exchanged for pieces.  Two duplicates per one piece of the Somme puzzle.
Simply click on an empty puzzle square, and a menu for making the exchange should appear.
34 duplicates can yield 17 pieces.  You could finish the puzzle.

I already had the ship when posting, just wanted to inform you about my stats, thanks anyway.

15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It doesn't say they will never be available down the road for Coal just that right now they will only be available until Aug 24th.

Nope these things wont be coal, crates they put in for coal are the basic (non premium) version of the crates its usually the stuff where ie the basic crate gives 1 piece of something and some low level loot and the premium crate gives one or more pieces of something and some better loot to boot, the kind of crates these "Somme crates" are is the kind you have in armory under premium containers that are only avaiable in bundels for dubs

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I already had the ship when posting, just wanted to inform you about my stats, thanks anyway.

Well, in that case, congratulations on your new ship.  🙂

• Like 1

I really dislike the way WG "gives" out Somme. I have an "85%" chance of getting Somme for free (meaning it will take a long time), but I won't know if I can get it for free until I complete the mission. If I can't get it, then I'll have to spend money to buy containers because the mission reward is only Somme. Plus, Somme is just a new skin for a ship. And the difficulty of the mission is so high (submarine flooding mission being the most annoying one) that it feels like I'm working in the game. I want to curse at WG, but in order to comply with forum rules, let's forget about it.

6 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Nope these things wont be coal, crates they put in for coal are the basic (non premium) version of the crates its usually the stuff where ie the basic crate gives 1 piece of something and some low level loot and the premium crate gives one or more pieces of something and some better loot to boot, the kind of crates these "Somme crates" are is the kind you have in armory under premium containers that are only avaiable in bundels for dubs

Coal, Dubs, whatever the point is at some point I expect they will add them to the armory for people who didn't finish (but a long ways down the road). And frankly, there is no reason they couldn't go in for Coal as they don't contain anything special like a ship or huge reward item. They are in effect what amounts to a standard crate being sold as Premium at this time. 1 collection piece and then 2 average things.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Coal, Dubs, whatever the point is at some point I expect they will add them to the armory for people who didn't finish (but a long ways down the road). And frankly, there is no reason they couldn't go in for Coal as they don't contain anything special like a ship or huge reward item. They are in effect what amounts to a standard crate being sold as Premium at this time. 1 collection piece and then 2 average things.

There is a good reason to not have it be coal...coal containers don't make WG more money.

If you want the Somme...just grind Jutland, and buy premium time.

38 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

There is a good reason to not have it be coal...coal containers don't make WG more money.

If you want the Somme...just grind Jutland, and buy premium time.

I have it so...

She arrived in my port this morning. Developing a deep seated dislike for RNG based missions, and those that are down to pure luck.

Since I was away on holliday for 2 weeks I am lagging behind, no idea if i make it or not but since its just a C/P Jutland I dont really care

2 hours ago, Efros said:

Developing a deep seated dislike for RNG based missions, and those that are down to pure luck.

I was surprised to find out how difficult it was to get 90,000 flooding damage in a submarine. 

In the end, I finished with nine crates spare. Yes, she's a copy-paste of a tech-tree ship, but it lets me set her up in a completely different way to the Jutland (I went all-in on torps on Jutland, all guns on Somme) and the Somme has the T9 premium economic and captain-posting benefits. And it lets WG offer a ship with those economic and training benefits without people freaking the hell out about whether it's going to be balanced or not. 

23 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I was surprised to find out how difficult it was to get 90,000 flooding damage in a submarine. 

In the end, I finished with nine crates spare. Yes, she's a copy-paste of a tech-tree ship, but it lets me set her up in a completely different way to the Jutland (I went all-in on torps on Jutland, all guns on Somme) and the Somme has the T9 premium economic and captain-posting benefits. And it lets WG offer a ship with those economic and training benefits without people freaking the hell out about whether it's going to be balanced or not. 

Some years ago someone on the forums had the idea for people to be able to pay to make certain tech tree ships premium for exactly this reasoning.

He was, of course, laughed off the forums for daring to propose something so different from the standard.

It's good to see good ideas EVENTUALLY getting their due.

It's just too bad WG tolerates so much reactionary trolling on their platforms.

Just finished the collection yesterday night, ended up with 42 pieces and 36 duplicates (which I converted to the remaining 18 pieces).

I did every mission except for the submarine flooding damage and the submarine credit farming.

42 minutes ago, Paradat said:

How much time to we have left? Just a couple of days?

Yep

I have 37 with 29 duplicates and I am stressed TF out.  Seriously, I have never seen so many duplicates this early on than I have in this stupid Somme collection.  I have 12 more possible containers and I cannot get more than seven duplicates from those 12.

1 hour ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

I have 37 with 29 duplicates and I am stressed TF out.  Seriously, I have never seen so many duplicates this early on than I have in this stupid Somme collection.  I have 12 more possible containers and I cannot get more than seven duplicates from those 12.

Each 2 duplicates can be exchanged for 1 puzzle piece.
Click on an empty square of the puzzle, a menu should appear for the exchange.