AlexGuy

4 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

My mouseover was that pile of steel was for ONE bonus card. That's a hard "nope" for me.

The loudest message is not buying the product. 

And yes, I agree that the price is outrageous. There's only one thing I'm ever going to buy for steel that isn't a ship...

image.thumb.png.beaa0d5589c4157ad7f3ba7def32e912.png

...and that's to please my wife, who occasionally "bullies" me into buying very expensive things because they look cool. To wit, I'll show her something the art department has done and she'll sometimes say "That's gorgeous. Get it even if you have to pay for it." We have a meme in our family involving owls that's connected with some precious memories, so delaying the next ship and coughing up some steel for this (now that I can do so) is fair give and take. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The earnings people were getting back in the day were a little too easy. Even now, the existence of Red boosters enables a player to make more XP and credits in one battle than they ever could before.

Not true.

The effect of stacking flag effects was better than the red bonuses...which, aren't practically available to free2play players anyway.

3 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

That's strange. One of my post allows edit and on the other one the edit option didn't show up.

IMG_20230817_011440.jpg

IMG_20230817_011422.jpg

The time limit I believe is currently 180 mins.

Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Not true.

The effect of stacking flag effects was better than the red bonuses...which, aren't practically available to free2play players anyway.

Are you certain of that?

I did full stacks back in the day. I'm getting so much more XP even with the blue boosters it's not funny. 

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Are you certain of that?

I did full stacks back in the day. I'm getting so much more XP even with the blue boosters it's not funny. 

Yep.

Ran the math during the event.

Red boosters are good, but full stacking was better.

Blue boosters are good, but stacking some of the lesser flags that I as a free2play player had was better.

The move to boosters significantly slowed my credit and captain experience grind progress.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The earnings people were getting back in the day were a little too easy. Even now, the existence of Red boosters enables a player to make more XP and credits in one battle than they ever could before.

It's hilarious because there are people who think newbies can make it up to Tier 10 too fast, but when WG institutes changes in the economy that slow down the rate of progress, some of the same people scream loudly about the XP earnings being nerfed. So it all smells very much of "rules for thee but not for me", and it's why I'm generally unsympathetic to their complaints. 

Newbies can and do make it too fast up the tech tree though, I see players in ranked and brawl with just a little over two hundred battles. Was playing a random operation the other day and there was a Tirpitz player with about ninety battles not knowing at all what he was doing. I think there should be a minimum of five hundred battles for some of these mods.

Yesh that was a interesting read. 

All I will say is that I am one of those players who has been playing since the beginning. For me the game started out great and has been getting better and better. 

For my part WG has been listening to me and i am still haveing lots of fun.

Context for my point of view is Random battles I spend 99% of my time there.

Cheers.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Paradat said:

Yesh that was a interesting read. 

All I will say is that I am one of those players who has been playing since the beginning. For me the game started out great and has been getting better and better. 

For my part WG has been listening to me and i am still haveing lots of fun.

Context for my point of view is Random battles I spend 99% of my time there.

Cheers.

It was fine for me until they added submarines and ruined randoms. You like the game as it is now? I just don't understand how that's possible.

Edited by AdmiralMcintosh

1 minute ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

It was fine for me until they added submarines and ruined randoms.

Ah , I had been asking for subs since launch so for me it was fantastic! I enjoy playing subs and hunting subs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Signals:

image.thumb.png.6de8d7a3521c4df6d2ebdcf0901ee036.png 

image.thumb.png.402ff1bf694e82ed751638715b11164f.png

It used to be that you could only fly eight. That got increased to 21 after a while, so let's say you fly all of them while also taking one economic camo. For ship XP, I remember the best was Mosaic at 400%; I can't find a list of the others right now, so let's look at your claim with regards to ship XP.

Looking at the list above, and remembering that taking a T10 ship's normal permacamo off to put Mosaic on deprived it of that permacamo's bonuses, we have (taking the ship XP bonuses only):

Mosaic 400%

Red Dragon 100%

Hydra 50%

Basilisk 75%

Scylla 50%

Leviathan 50%

Equal Speed Charlie London 50%

That's 775%, which is less than the 800% blue booster and nowhere near the 1600% red.

Would you like to point out where I've gone wrong?

5 minutes ago, Paradat said:

Ah , I had been asking for subs since launch so for me it was fantastic! I enjoy playing subs and hunting subs.

I can't really tell whether it's full honesty, sarcasm or not, or both.

Edited by AlexGuy

2 minutes ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

It was fine for me until they added submarines and ruined randoms. You like the game as it is now? I just don't understand how that's possible.

In my book it wasn't actually 'fine' but it was somewhat tolerable. The CV rework was the first thing that crippled my gameplay in a way, and I didn't even play the CV's, mind you. From then on I had more limited options in battle, though. The captain skill rework removed my ability to custom tailor my ship and captain performance, though it did add some flexibility allowing us to use the same captain on premium ships of different classes without the training penalty. For me, though, I don't think the tradeoff was worth it.

Additionally, some people may remember there was also a 'map rework' ways back. That ruined a great many good maps we used to have and had a negative impact on the variety of gameplay available. Moreover, the Ocean has in all practical terms gone extinct and dried up, and that is my favorite map because it was the only map which actually allowed for a near infinite array of tactical options to play.

Just now, Paradat said:

Your going to give me a heart attack with that kind of sentence, SOMEONE!! actually wants submarines in the game?

Just now, AlexGuy said:

I can't honestly tell whether it's full honesty, sarcasm or not, or both.

Full honesty. I was asking for subs since Beta. I knew they wanted them at the start but could not make them work. So I continued to loby for the future inclusion of them and was certain that it would happen eventually.

I am very happy that subs are fully in the game. 

Cheers.

1 minute ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

Your going to give me a heart attack with that kind of sentence, SOMEONE!! actually wants submarines in the game?

LOL yep. There are plenty of us. Obviously. 

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Paradat said:

Full honesty. I was asking for subs since Beta. I knew they wanted them at the start but could not make them work. So I continued to loby for the future inclusion of them and was certain that it would happen eventually.

I am very happy that subs are fully in the game. 

Cheers.

...Are you giving me dysentery right about now?

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The CV rework was the first thing that crippled my gameplay in a way, and I didn't even play the CV's, mind you.

You and most players did not play CV's and that is why we needed and got the rework, the ship type was dead.

The consequence was that we had a whole crop of players that rarely saw CV's and so when the rework happened and the ship type was revived it was very jarring for some players.

Just now, Paradat said:

LOL yep. There are plenty of us. Obviously. 

Cheers.

Well games dying because of this.

1 minute ago, Paradat said:

Is it?

I have heard that so many times over the years, since the start of WOT

2 minutes ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

Yup numbers keep going down and almost no new players ever stay in this game.

Hmm when I look at the numbers from 2015 to now seems pretty normal to me. Population seems pretty healthy for a game this old. It is a niche game after all. 

image.thumb.png.5d6daf5de6e4b2a83f0a92b96f3645c8.png

Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Paradat said:

Hmm when I look at the numbers from 2015 to now seems pretty normal to me. Population seems pretty healthy for a game this old. It is a niche game after all. 

image.thumb.png.5d6daf5de6e4b2a83f0a92b96f3645c8.png

Cheers.

Where do I find that?