AlexGuy

1 hour ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

WG's greediness goes further in the new patch.

Schill's only avaliable via containers like Colossus, and we know that Colossus is still not avaliable in armory yet.

Not to say 1200 steel for only FIVE red bonus cards.

image.thumb.png.fc917eedaa609ee0c1d41dcceda5ddce.png

It is much, much worse than that.  You can buy up to  a maximum of 5 items at 1200 steel each.  But each item gives only "1" of the bonus cards.  Welcome to the fallout of eliminating flags for the bonuses.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kstick_1 said:

It is much, much worse than that.  You can buy up to  a maximum of 5 items at 1200 steel each.  But each item gives only "1" of the bonus cards.  Welcome to the fallout of eliminating flags for the bonuses.

You're right, I still underestimated WG's greediness......I thought 1200 steel for 5 of them is already astonishing, not to say only ONE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Schill's only avaliable via containers like Colossus, and we know that Colossus is still not avaliable in armory yet.

Really? Is that really true? 😱

If so, then...

5 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Really? Is that really true? 😱

If so, then...

image.thumb.png.b8849a61eb30f2d93cc0ef8ef197657a.png

Just read the patch note throughly to find the proof.

And it's only 2.5%......

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

image.thumb.png.b8849a61eb30f2d93cc0ef8ef197657a.png

Just read the patch note throughly to find the proof.

And it's only 2.5%......

Man, and I really wanted to get Schill. I liked how she's some kind of a super P-class cruiser. 😢

Edited by Blorgh2017
Spelling

Even the veteran also got betrayed. WG tends to force players to spend more and more real time in the game:

Quote from the Discord:

Suppose I have 42 T10 ships. Compared with last year. If I play 350 xp per coop game(without the fancy trick to get more rewards in one game)
I need 42 games to get 42 old SCs.
Now I need 42 games to get 8400 points, which can get 36 new SCs.
The new SC is only 50% of the old SC.

So for the same real time I spend. I get a 43% reward compared with the past. And the more time we played, the less we got compared with the pass.

So even for the veteran, they need to spend more time in the game to get the full rewards. In this case, why we don't spend such precious time with our family? Life is good, right?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pathos said:

Nope. WG has already decrease the reward of coop and operations.

What? when was that?

5 minutes ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

What? when was that?

Don't believe everything you read. Some people will stoop to anything to stick the boot into WG. 

Operations rewards were trimmed back a touch when all T6 to T8 ships were allowed into all operations, but mostly for divisions in order to stop the operations from becoming a farming ground for full-strength ops divisions co-ordinated by voice chat. As a co-op main, I haven't noticed a similar decrease in my earnings - and I keep a logbook of those. 

• Thanks 2

They trimmed back operations though wonder how much? I sometimes like to division up for those.

15 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG already has a problem with taking criticism personally.

Yes. They really do have a toxic culture.

Back when a former Community Contributor revealed that WG staff hardly play the game, the Company retaliated by issuing a bonus code that contained a thinly veiled attack on the said CC. 

And they probably thought it will not be discovered. 

LOL!

image.thumb.png.0f2eea626b8b8b7ea7a9f822cea5653d.png

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warships-bonus-code-insult-apology/

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Found something that appears to be related this perhaps? It's from the NA forum so some of you probably have seen it before.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/259184-psa-update-on-operations-rewards/

Yeah, that's the one. 20% nerf to earnings in operations where a division is formed and the operation is selected in advance. This was to counterbalance the ability to form an optimal team with optimal high-tier ship composition and grind-farm the op. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

20% nerf to earnings in operations where a division is formed and the operation is selected in advance

Guess easy earnings is not what they want.

15 hours ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

Well WG has not managed to ruin coop and operations yet as far as I can tell.

Oh gosh, this is an interesting theory.  I've been in game since Dec 2107.  And yes, the game has "evolved" into something I really don't like at all but.....

To respond to your assertion that ruining COOP and RO's, I respectfully disagree.   And, we are losing players because of it - they are quitting because of both modes being "ruined" and that, Asymmetrical Battles was removed and likely will not be back....

For me, speaking for myself, COOP is dead vis-a'-vis ruined.   Submarines killed the battlespace mechanics and our host did the rest.   They can not stand "anything" affecting Random battles and COOP and RO's have and they have been seriously ruined.  As I said:  we are losing players.

Ruined how you might ask:  centralized spawning versus "mirrored spawning";  BOT capabilities nerfs;  removal of team damage (because, as our host has said, they were afraid that carrier and subs would be "team killed" at game start - not my words either); and, over tasking event tasks that forces PVP players down into COOP where the simply play for the task rewards and could care less about others......  And, there are several others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

I would say you guess correctly. The game economy has become increasingly tighter over the years. When I started, it was perhaps even overly generous as the game was barely starting off in open beta. Something like 20+ million credits dropping from a supercontainer is nearly unheard now (what I actually mean it doesn't happen, of course). The fact that this happened fairly regularly allowed me to make something like 80 million credits almost overnight. Also, the repair and ammuniction costs in WoWS were, and I think still are, much lower per tier than they are in WoT so the incentive to buy premium time isn't that strong in WoWS and probably counts more on the XP side of the equation rather than in terms of credits. Back then, though, we only had the universal premium time, so if you played both WoT and WoWS (I faintly remember a third title as well that nobody but the bots seem to play) it made sense to buy premium time for the synergy effect.

Since then, everything's changed, with tighter reward policies, more and more of loot boxes and gambling elements added, and deliberate obfuscation of the game economy aspect with multiple currencies in form of tokens etc. becoming the norm for the events which mostly translate into time gated, tideous and stressful experiences designed for one purpose only, to make the player part with their money. These changes, based on an interview with the former game economist seem to have started when WG brought something called MachineZone onboard to address the game economy side of their operations.

11 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yeah, that's the one. 20% nerf to earnings in operations where a division is formed and the operation is selected in advance. This was to counterbalance the ability to form an optimal team with optimal high-tier ship composition and grind-farm the op. 

OK.....  Now, aren't Clan Battles the same thing ?  An "Optimal Team" in division, with the game mode selected in advance so created to fight as a team? 

Yeah I hate it when people come in coop just for the task rewards, they just torp all the bots before you can do something but lately I seen more idiots in coop so Ive been racking up some damage there.

1 minute ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

Yeah I hate it when people come in coop just for the task rewards, they just torp all the bots before you can do something but lately I seen more idiots in coop so Ive been racking up some damage there.

Imagine, if you will, I take a division of three into Random Battles and rush into the cap, get my spotting damage and we all die in the first 5 minutes - game after game after game.....     That is what we are planning to do BTW..........and, it does not violate the EULA because we are working really hard to accomplish event tasks....

3 hours ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

WG's greediness goes further in the new patch.

Not to say 1200 steel for only FIVE red bonus cards.

image.thumb.png.fc917eedaa609ee0c1d41dcceda5ddce.png

My mouseover was that pile of steel was for ONE bonus card. That's a hard "nope" for me.

25 minutes ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

The earnings people were getting back in the day were a little too easy. Even now, the existence of Red boosters enables a player to make more XP and credits in one battle than they ever could before.

It's hilarious because there are people who think newbies can make it up to Tier 10 too fast, but when WG institutes changes in the economy that slow down the rate of progress, some of the same people scream loudly about the XP earnings being nerfed. So it all smells very much of "rules for thee but not for me", and it's why I'm generally unsympathetic to their complaints. 

3 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

My mouseover was that pile of steel was for ONE bonus card. That's a hard "nope" for me.

Do WG dare to let players get steel by paying bonus cards as price? lol

By the way I can't find edit selection on the post, do you know where it is? Or it's only me encountering this issue?

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The earnings people were getting back in the day were a little too easy. Even now, the existence of Red boosters enables a player to make more XP and credits in one battle than they ever could before.

It's hilarious because there are people who think newbies can make it up to Tier 10 too fast, but when WG institutes changes in the economy that slow down the rate of progress, some of the same people scream loudly about the XP earnings being nerfed. So it all smells very much of "rules for thee but not for me", and it's why I'm generally unsympathetic to their complaints. 

Restricting both XP and credits is a little severe IMHO.

2 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

Do WG dare to let players get steel by paying bonus cards as price? lol

By the way I can't find edit selection on the post, do you know where it is? Or it's only me encountering this issue?

The 3 dots. Change theme to 'Blue Theme' or something else (under account settings bottom of the page).

image.thumb.png.1ced2f85daca49c96a415c6626e628b0.png

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The 3 dots. Change theme to 'Blue Theme' or something else (under account settings bottom of the page).

image.thumb.png.1ced2f85daca49c96a415c6626e628b0.png

That's strange. One of my post allows edit and on the other one the edit option didn't show up.

IMG_20230817_011440.jpg

IMG_20230817_011422.jpg