(PSA. The upcoming NA stream will present us the CEO of Weegee..) Scratch that.....MrsCommunication on my part

Andrewbassg

43 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

WG leadership certainly won't listen to cleverly worded questions and provide transparent answers...

...and the purpose of the event is almost certainly to provide additional spin to us with respect to the game. Not to provide us an avenue to provide actual feedback.

Most likely. But every interaction is actually a two way street and an opportunity for both parties. If Wedgie is not interested.....that's on and will be, on them. 

48 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

In fact, the CMs will almost assuredly work as hard as possible to PREVENT any actual feedback from reaching senior leadership at this event...if their past actions are any guide.

Well ....  roasting Wedgie and its staff and making them sweat  a bit .....is fun. 0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif Especially if well deserved 0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif ( Once I made LordofDroids change several colours, coz he acted waaay too full of himself  🙂   Even Crysantos burst out in a laugh 🙂  )

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tm63au said:

is this the guy that said the Original PR was for people that sat 24 / 7 in front of there computers or something along those lines.

Basically he insulted us all and expected us to still spend money.

Yes, he said something to that effect, but his point was valid.  WG never expected players to hyper-grind to PR I.  It expected them to finish the grind off with Doubloons, as most Dockyards do.  Which directly contradicts the earlier marketing hype, "You can get this big-a$$ cruiser for free."  At least Sub_O told you the truth.

-----

I agree with @Ensign Cthulhu.  Have some bloody manners!  Don't be a churl.

• Like 1

Ummmm... I think that the guest for this stream is the CEO from Madrinas Coffee: https://madrinas.coffee/wows NOT the CEO of WeeGee. 

I'm sure that the folks leading the stream would be happy to have a bunch of extra folks show up, but I don't expect that Viktor Kislyi (the CEO of WeeGee) will be there. This of course doesn't stop you from asking questions - I admit that I'm somewhat curious about why a coffee company is working with a ship game - but this may limit the scope available.

On a tangent - DevStrike has now been up over a month! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Unfortunately, it's too late to demand people have good manners when WG staff refuse to portray good manners themselves.

Now, the only real admonishment that might work is to tell people not to stoop to WGs level. Be better than those folks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

why a coffee company is working with a ship game

To use a word that will - when I'm Pope God-Emperor of the World For Life - get you thrown in the scorpion pit, it's a logical synergy: when one is endeavouring to complete some ludicrous WG grind, something has to go, and coffee allows that something to be sleep...!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Unfortunately, it's too late to demand people have good manners when WG staff refuse to portray good manners themselves.

My experience is that the WeeGee folks that I have dealt with (Ahskance, Konception and others) have generally had good manners. The only "bad manners" that I could call out would be a level of deafness to commentary or feedback. That said, we keep being told that WG has internal metrics that show them the stateof the game, and presumably the things that they are doing are driving "good" metrics (some of the more troubling "gambling" type metrics have been discussed in other threads)

I'll stop driving this thread more off topic now, but will echo @iDuckman and @Ensign Cthulhu - you don't go to someone's house to be a jerk, and then get to complain that you were shown the door. 

(and @Verblonde you get the "grind" zinger of the day)

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

Mates, a good lesson here.  If you have information, please back it up - links to sources are great and would have been great in this case.  Any guest details for the NA WoWs stream (Boggzy) have not been posted as of now (10:22 Central time) - only its regular scheduled time on Twitch.tv - that's it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yes, he said something to that effect, but his point was valid.  WG never expected players to hyper-grind to PR I.  It expected them to finish the grind off with Doubloons, as most Dockyards do.  Which directly contradicts the earlier marketing hype, "You can get this big-a$$ cruiser for free."  At least Sub_O told you the truth.

-----

Ah, not a bad thought......although, 6 years too late...   There was a time when insulting, dissembling, demeaning or being rude to customers was sacrosanct.  Alas, the modern age is upon us....sigh.

What would really be "refreshing" would be a conversation that provided US customers with some confidence in the product's lifecycle....  An honest, direct approach might be best for the NA server's market...  That might not work for the EU or Asian crew;  but, here, in these times of turmoil, a direct, first person, active voice, bottom line up front discussion would clear the air - so to speak...  Will that happen?  We'll see.

And, as far as being a churl......isn't that a case of "you reap what you sow?"  You aren't wrong and neither is the Ensign.....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Mates, a good lesson here.  If you have information, please back it up - links to sources are great and would have been great in this case.  Any guest details for the NA WoWs stream (Boggzy) have not been posted as of now (10:22 Central time) - only its regular scheduled time on Twitch.tv - that's it.

Yes mea culpa ....

WG.thumb.png.a0a018f4a380119a55e1ac77146

What can I say....... I need glasses.....

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Andrewbassg changed the title to (PSA. The upcoming NA stream will present us the CEO of Weegee..) Scratch that.....MrsCommunication on my part
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

-----

It was actually originally stated, word for word, 'it is entirely possible to get the Puerto Rico for free'.... then they ninja edited the 'entirely' out of the news article.

As for the Wargaming CEO, are we talking about Victor Kislyi?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Kislyi

1 hour ago, SureBridge said:

Ummmm... I think that the guest for this stream is the CEO from Madrinas Coffee: https://madrinas.coffee/wows NOT the CEO of WeeGee. 

I'm sure that the folks leading the stream would be happy to have a bunch of extra folks show up, but I don't expect that Viktor Kislyi (the CEO of WeeGee) will be there. This of course doesn't stop you from asking questions - I admit that I'm somewhat curious about why a coffee company is working with a ship game - but this may limit the scope available.

On a tangent - DevStrike has now been up over a month! 

I see... so... we should then like what, come up with polite questions to ask him, about... like, coffee or what?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I see... so... we should then like what, come up with polite questions to ask him, about... like, coffee or what?

I don't actually know why the CEO of a coffee company would be on a live warships stream, so - I have no idea. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AdmiralMcintosh said:

Well maybe this game will improve if the new CEO is competent and listens to player feedback, one can only hope.

One can hope indeed ,but it is a mistake. My mistake. I saw a newsfeed and just like you I thought that a new CEO will be presented to us.

In fact is about the past week's stream and the CEO is a coffee company's CEO....

5 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

I don't actually know why the CEO of a coffee company would be on a live warships stream, so - I have no idea. 

Maybe he is a player of WoT/Wows.....

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

One can hope indeed ,but it is a mistake. My mistake. I saw a newsfeed and just like you I thought that a new CEO will be presented to us.

In fact is about the past week's stream and the CEO is a coffee company's CEO....

Maybe he is a player of WoT/Wows.....

keep_calm_and_have_a_cuppa.png

PS: This message was sponsored by the Tea Gang®.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Asym said:

And, as far as being a churl......isn't that a case of "you reap what you sow?" 

No, I don't think so.  I've never been treated rudely by anyone at WG.

Otoh, I realize that there are those who define bad manners as, "Not doing what I tell you to do."

Spoiler

coffee-memes.jpg

Edited by iDuckman
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

when one is endeavouring to complete some ludicrous WG grind, something has to go, and coffee allows that something to be sleep...!

It's nice to know that you and I can agree on something.  👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No, I don't think so.  I've never been treated rudely by anyone at WG.

Otoh, I realize that there are those who define bad manners as, "Not doing what I tell you to do."

Reveal hidden contents

coffee-memes.jpg

And, some of us have.....

• Thanks 1

Since the original author of this topic corrected their information, it is in the best interest of all to close this topic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• HogHammer locked this topic