Your attitude to historical camouflages in the game.

Scharnhorst43

Would you like to use modifications that add historical camouflages to the game?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to use modifications that add historical camouflages to the game?

5 hours ago, Scharnhorst43 said:

This is how history is being rewritten.

That *camouflage* (Measure 22) was the standard base ship texture before camouflages appeared. When camouflage appeared in the game, those textures were changed to plain ones, so that the camouflage (what we understand by camouflage now) would be applied not to a texture with an existing pattern, but to something monochromatic.

That is, Measure 22 as the texture of the US ship was redrawn not because it concealed ships in the game, but because the camouflages that the company painted would have been better applied to single-ton ships.

It's better to paint on a blank canvas (or evenly painted one) than on an already painted picture, right?

shot_001_0.jpg

On the one I remember, either the dark blue started lower on the hull than Measure 22, or the ship was just riding lower. 

6 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

On the one I remember, either the dark blue started lower on the hull than Measure 22, or the ship was just riding lower. 

Perhaps you remember some US destroyer, on which this blue stripe is visually thin. But the point is that the Company canceled those skins not because of good camouflage in the game)

Would be nice if we didn't have to rely on mods for this and they were official, more so if it is all backed up by multiple sources.  A mod camo only lets YOU see it, not the others.  Defeats the purpose in my opinion, but to each their own.

They COULD do what Gaijin does, and allow the skins that can be seen by everyone, but would be locked behind either completing a set task for it, or allow for an outright purchase.  Some are rewards for completing an event as well.

But I'd worry bout WeeGee's approach.  Would probably lock them all behind their loot crates.

I mostly turned off the visual display of non standard camos, the normal permaflage look is mosly quite paletable IMHO