1st Anniversary Mission/Light

AdmiralThunder

I bid multi million dollar government projects with leas complicated submittal requirements than this event.

Hell I just completed one yesterday morning in my hotel room before breakfast. 

• Like 3

I think you have to complete the first mission from Path of progress event. I've just did it and my first signal light is green now...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The fifth light is now red, I assume the Voyage to the North Pole missions with associated Arctic tokens will be along soon.

3 minutes ago, Monalie477 said:

The fifth light is now red, I assume the Voyage to the North Pole missions with associated Arctic tokens will be along soon.

Oh.. bother, I had completely forgotten about all of this. I'm still trying to collect as many of the anniversary tokens, that remains a sort of priority. I seem to remember it ends on Oct 10th or so...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Cheers!

The first three lights are now green. But... I still don't know what the 'special anniversary mission' is.. nor have I actually any idea what this thingy is here for...

4 hours ago, Monalie477 said:

Yeah in typical WG fashion the light is on/red but the thing we need to do to make it green is unavailable LOL.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Monalie477 said:

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah in typical WG fashion the light is on/red but the thing we need to do to make it green is unavailable LOL.

This type of web-based feature is likely tied to the EU timetable, and EU (and ASIA) have their patch updates and weekly server updates (things like weekly mission groups) on Thursdays, so this was likely lumped in with that change.

New content is typically released on Fridays, so I would expect those events to drop tomorrow prior to the weekend.

• Like 1

I found my solution to dealing with maze of hoops that are thrown in front of tidbits long ago.

Since then I have found ZEN!

Works for me.

office-space-lazy.gif.3cd27cfb64fb3b1870dab62463309437.gif

dont-care-not-caring.gif.0a1a5b8650a4a0d475e60d0f9e8089f8.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Cheers!

The first three lights are now green. But... I still don't know what the 'special anniversary mission' is.. nor have I actually any idea what this thingy is here for...

LOL Like you I'd completely forgotten about this whole thing!!

I have the first 3 lights green and 4 and 5 red.

Light 4 is German Unity Day - complete the first stage of the mission chain (I was gonna skip this whole chain so glad I got reminded about the lights!!)

Light 5, as has already been said hasn't been released yet.

Knowing WG the time the mission for turning all lights green becomes available it will be something like "get 500,000 spotting damage" with 1 day left to complete it!!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Knowing WG the time the mission for turning all lights green becomes available it will be something like "get 500,000 spotting damage" with 1 day left to complete it!!

We have until 6AM on Oct 9th to turn the 5th light green to get our reward (once we do the mission - see below). To do so the site says...

"Take on the first group of combat missions for this event to ignite the fifth signal light on the Update Navigator."

One has to wonder exactly what they mean by "Take on"? Is it an opt in thing where we click the button to do it in some article and that turns the light green? Do they mean we have to complete the 1st stage of this event? I mean give me a break. As usual HORRIBLE communication.

And of course we still have to do a mission to get the actual reward. Once all lights are green you can click the get mission button. So if we have to do more than just opt in to the North Pole thing that means doing a mission(s) to unlock the final mission and we get 3 whopping days to do it.

"Turn all the signal lights green to unlock a combat mission for the main reward!"

Guess we find out tomorrow what kind of fiasco they will plunge us into with 3 days to go.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

We have until 6AM on Oct 9th to turn the 5th light green to get our reward (once we do the mission - see below). To do so the site says...

"Take on the first group of combat missions for this event to ignite the fifth signal light on the Update Navigator."

One has to wonder exactly what they mean by "Take on"? Is it an opt in thing where we click the button to do it in some article and that turns the light green? Do they mean we have to complete the 1st stage of this event? I mean give me a break. As usual HORRIBLE communication.

And of course we still have to do a mission to get the actual reward. Once all lights are green you can click the get mission button. So if we have to do more than just opt in to the North Pole thing that means doing a mission(s) to unlock the final mission and we get 3 whopping days to do it.

"Turn all the signal lights green to unlock a combat mission for the main reward!"

Guess we find out tomorrow what kind of fiasco they will plunge us into with 3 days to go.

I have found that the rewards afterjumping through all of the hoops is rather disappointing.  At this point I don't see missing out to be a huge loss.

• Like 4

This event is so overcomplicated and convoluted one would expect every participant that finishes it gets a pack of 5 rare premiums that includes at least 2 of the removed ones for it...

Like Jesus tapdancing Christ

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I found this bit interesting:

1CD6C1D2-DDA7-413B-A0EB-0770AE6E29E4.thumb.jpeg.5f04ecce3905f0711f1004ff3d394fe7.jpeg

12.9 will feature the release of the new Japanese battleship (battlecruiser) branch starting at tier VIII. I was critical of WG’s decision to place Nebraska as the reward for the premium Battle Pass earlier this year. Prior to that, in cases where a new branch started at tier VIII the new tier VIII was typically a free reward from a group of combat missions, directives, etc. With this announcement, it looks like Yumihari will not be associated with the BP, suggesting that the new tier VIII (the first ship of the new branch) will not be located behind a paywall next patch.

• Like 3

So I "Took on" the 1st Polar Adventure mission chain as required by the 12.8 Main Article. I did the 5 Citadels in the 1st game which turned the last light (5th) green on the Navigator Bar. Don't know if it was the fact I played a game and made progress under it -OR- if it was I finished a task (they don't tell us what "Take on" means) but the light went green.

Note for anyone reading this. I spent a good 15 minutes trying to get the Get Mission button to go from unavailable (gray) to available (orange) after the light went green so I could get the mission and couldn't do it. Per the 12.8 Main Article I refreshed the page and even logged in and out of my account (online). I also tried through the news in the game client and logged in and out there too. The button would NOT go orange and just stayed saying I had not met the requirements despite the green light being on.

I finally gave up and went back to playing figuring I would try later. When I was in the Combat Mission section checking some stuff I noticed a new mission under Common. It is for 2 Golden Age of Industry crates (do 700K damage) which is what the final reward should be for this Navigator Bar fiasco. So I got the mission despite NOT being able to click the button to get it.

ONLY WG man ONLY WG!

tumblr_nb05e9Wl3H1tiqwkoo2_r2_540.gifv

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So I "Took on" the 1st Polar Adventure mission chain as required by the 12.8 Main Article. I did the 5 Citadels in the 1st game which turned the last light (5th) green on the Navigator Bar. Don't know if it was the fact I played a game and made progress under it -OR- if it was I finished a task (they don't tell us what "Take on" means) but the light went green.

Note for anyone reading this. I spent a good 15 minutes trying to get the Get Mission button to go from unavailable (gray) to available (orange) after the light went green so I could get the mission and couldn't do it. Per the 12.8 Main Article I refreshed the page and even logged in and out of my account (online). I also tried through the news in the game client and logged in and out there too. The button would NOT go orange and just stayed saying I had not met the requirements despite the green light being on.

I finally gave up and went back to playing figuring I would try later. When I was in the Combat Mission section checking some stuff I noticed a new mission under Common. It is for 2 Golden Age of Industry crates (do 700K damage) which is what the final reward should be for this Navigator Bar fiasco. So I got the mission despite NOT being able to click the button to get it.

ONLY WG man ONLY WG!

Want a tug on this? It Helps! 

10642866.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Col_NASTY said:

Want a tug on this? It Helps! 

10642866.jpg

I don't drink but thanks. LOL. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't drink but thanks. LOL. 

I think I will pass on these missions, but I will take that drink.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

ONLY WG man ONLY WG!

I think it might just be completing one of the tasks in the mission.  I got the green light after 2 games:  the first was in a destroyer (got 6 defended ribbons) and didn't get any citadels, the second I got 7 citadels in a cruiser.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

ONLY WG man ONLY WG!

Same for me.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 10:33 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

ONLY WG man ONLY WG!

Finishing the 5 citadel mission is what finally made the fifth light turn green and I was able to collect the reward which is a mission to do 700K damage (available for 27 more days as of the writing of this post) in order to receive the two Golden Age of Industry crates.

Once again, thanks to everyone for reminding me and clarifying what actually needs to be done to complete the mission. 

• Like 2