1st Anniversary Mission/Light

AdmiralThunder

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Am I just dumb or is this crap and all the complexity getting out of hand a bit?

This isn't the first time that WG/WOWs has made things that require some cryptography effort to discern and reveal.

The previous "designer's desk" port screens were examples of the creations with a lot of little touches that could be "decoded".
Some of them had to be translated from russian, though.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Am I just dumb or is this crap and all the complexity getting out of hand a bit?

6 minutes ago, Efros said:

Needless complexity for minimum of freebies.

Playerbase likes to jump through hoops for peanuts.

8 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

So WG requires us to complete a special Anniversary mission to turn the 1st light green on the website thingamabob. However, in their infinite wisdom and desire to make every bloody thing we have to do so GD difficult, they have failed to tell us how to get the 🤬mission!

My guess is you need to watch something (official stream maybe?) or get a code but it tells you NOTHING about how to get that mission that I can see anywhere. No one I have asked seems to know how either. I have watched all the streams (except official one as it is hasn't been on when I can as usual), applied all codes I can find, clicked every button in articles, and done every mission I have got so far and that 1st light is still grayed out so I haven't got what I need to start the mission.

Any clues or tips would be appreciated.

WHY must they make everything so convoluted and difficult. Just give us the the 🤬🤬🤬missions and stop making us play scavenger hunt all the time!

1.thumb.jpg.9647d83d0864c37336056fd1812f2341.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.50e864952e09c9c47509be0f43017313.jpg

I tried this dog and pony show last patch, or maybe it was the patch before that, and after going through each of those hoops the reward was just two of the old WeeGee containers.  They renamed the old WeeGee containers to something stupid, but its the same rewards as the old WeeGee containers: one day of premium time and combat signals.  AFAIK the rewards change for each patch, I think one patch had Air Supply or Dunkirk containers and since I have already completed those collections I didn't bother with this new circus that WeeGee created.

@AdmiralThunder I bet you more than 95% of the global player base doesn't even know about this side mission from the Update News.  Remember, reading is OP.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kaiserliche_garde said:

I tried this dog and pony show last patch, or maybe it was the patch before that, and after going through each of those hoops the reward was just two of the old WeeGee containers.  They renamed the old WeeGee containers to something stupid, but its the same rewards as the old WeeGee containers: one day of premium time and combat signals.  AFAIK the rewards change for each patch, I think one patch had Air Supply or Dunkirk containers and since I have already completed those collections I didn't bother with this new circus that WeeGee created.

@AdmiralThunder I bet you more than 95% of the global player base doesn't even know about this side mission from the Update News.  Remember, reading is OP.

Well there's that, but I belong to the school of thought that everything you need to complete an event needs to be in the game client.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well there's that, but I belong to the school of thought that everything you need to complete an event needs to be in the game client.

YES! WG needs to clearly and concisely explain the where, when, what, and how for these events and then it is on the players to take the initiative to do it or not. But these half hearted explanations WG gives, or even worse when they purposefully make us hunt it all down and figure it out on our own, are frankly asinine.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ahh ok. Only halfway paying attention and just happened to notice that the mural was clickable. 

WG does too much at one time with terrible explanations and communications. They needlessly complicate everything. It's no wonder we as players are always so confused and upset.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I detest it all myself.

Just tells us what to do in a simple, straight forward, and COMPLETE manner in the news articles

-OR-

better yet just assign the missions automatically (and maybe give an opt out option in port for those who won't/don't want to do that mission to clear their UI).

• Like 3

Ok, is the "special anniversary mission" for the navigator lights the one from the Twitch stream that gives 2 supercontainers as a reward?

Just now, CFagan_1987 said:

Ok, is the "special anniversary mission" for the navigator lights the one from the Twitch stream that gives 2 supercontainers as a reward?

Nope. I got that one and finished it. That could come from any streamer with drops enabled. I believe the Anniversary mission for Light 1 only comes from the Official stream.

Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Nope. I got that one and finished it. That could come from any streamer with drops enabled. I believe the Anniversary mission for Light 1 only comes from the Official stream.

Oh lordy 🤦‍♂️

I "watched" the whole official stream ... both the German and English ones. No mission lol

• Thanks 1

Kaligula_Varyag informed me that it's this mission here. Should turn the light green once it's complete. I've started out, but the light has not turned red, but we will see... after 8,888 BXP's.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#parallel_words

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#parallel_words

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#parallel_words

8 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So... what's your situation with the navigator lights then?

Same as all you guys - just 2nd light green.

Tbh this thread is giving me a large amount of hilarity, we're getting close to conspiracy theories and hooded WG employees lurking in the shadows!

Isn't it obvious to anyone yet?? THE MISSION HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET!!! (Sorry for caps, but needs must 😛 )

Just because the 2nd light is green, doesn't mean the first light has to be  available, I mean c'mon this is WeeGee we're talking about.

If the mission had been released, even if it was hidden in the darkest alcoves of the Vatican archives, someone would have found it.

*Edit due to above post*

Nope that not it, I completed that 8,888 BXP mission and all you get is some crappy flag.

Edited by Capt_Kremenski
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Kaligula_Varyag informed me that it's this mission here. Should turn the light green once it's complete. I've started out, but the light has not turned red, but we will see... after 8,888 BXP's.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#parallel_words

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#parallel_words

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#parallel_words

Ok, that's the one with the base XP requirement ... I'm working on that one but progress is slow as I'm mainly focusing on knocking off the tokens in coop rather than doing Ops as I normally would be doing.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Nope that is Light 2 and the article states that. I have done it and it turns #2 Green not #1.

4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nope that is Light 2 and the article states that. I have done it and it turns #2 Green not #1.

Hmm.. Light 2 was red for me before even picking up this flag mission, though. Things don't add up here, not at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

Hmm.. Light 2 was red for me before even picking up this flag mission, though. Things don't add up here, not at all.

Typical WG CF!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You know, this whole thing could have been avoided if WG bothered to do one simple thing: tell us the date the mission is active!

But no, no, no, transparency is bad and will hurt profits apparently...

Just a small example: Brawls have been around for years, but only since a few months ago has WG been publishing the details in advance in the official update news: tiers, size of teams, the week of the update (1-4)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

But that's right, that's how it works - the light being red means it's ready to be completed (in that case by completing the mission).

The fact light 1 is unlit means it's not  available yet.

Just now, Capt_Kremenski said:

But that's right, that's how it works - the light being red means it's ready to be completed (in that case by completing the mission).

The fact light 1 is unlit means it's not  available yet.

You mean Light 2 was red indicating the mission is available, but there's no progress unless I actually know which mission it is and how and where and when to pick it up?

This is possibly the most inane event setup I've seen WG cook up ever...

I gotta admit this method is beyond stupid.

They've had a few of these navigator light things before and there was 1 that by the time I got all lights lit and claimed I got a chain of missions to complete in ONE day!

Not possible.

I've worked them out now, just click the box below the light and it jumps to what you need to do - 

Clicking under the first box jumps to this (as we all know)

To earn even more Festive Tokens and light up your first signal light on the Update Navigator, complete a special anniversary combat mission.

All we gotta do is wait for a mission that has festive tokens as rewards. (And of course the light will turn red when this happens).

Edited by Capt_Kremenski
  • Like 1