8th Anniversary Event Flake Progress Thread (PVE)

AdmiralThunder

Ok ladies and gents we can use this to post about how we are doing/did in the Anniversary event and our flake progress. 

Oh man I have my work cut out for me. I have 494 qualifying ships. Will get going here in a bit and start grinding...

yay-screaming.gif

• Like 1

Some calculations give me something like 32k of the purple disks available. I have the Bayard and so I'll be looking to pick up Rochester in her place.

41 minutes ago, Efros said:

Some calculations give me something like 32k of the purple disks available. I have the Bayard and so I'll be looking to pick up Rochester in her place.

I have Bayard and all the ships on the list so if I do that I would get 3000 Steel which is tempting and a probable do.

• Thanks 1

Today I did my Tier 6-10 Japanese ships and got 1,655 tokens ... I still have the Tier 5's left which will give me another 150 or so tokens.

My 14 SuperShips and 78 T10's are done. Picked up an additional 44 bonuses along the way which will help. Only 358 more ships to go T5-T9. 

giphy.gif

My tier 10's are clear. I now have Bayard, and also picked up a few supercontainers, but they didn't have anything special. I will be starting my tier 9's tomorrow.

This is what I got from 100 containers:

WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2023_09.15-04_58_18_36.thumb.png.761172cb66e712feba44520bc8ad5ecd.png

Got another 1k doubloons + 30k coal from the other 10. I'm happy about  the doubloons, the steal & coal and the 400 speed flags. The rest is just a nice addition.

T10's done with a sprinkling of lower tier ships to get to 10 containers, walked away with:

1500 steel
7500 coal
7500 coal
75 000 commander xp
50 juliet charlie
25 commander xp +250%
25 free xp +600%
25 free xp +600%
25 free xp +600%
25 credits +40%

Not great, not too bad. Will keep on buying more when I end up clearing the bars with other ships, no need to hurry with all this.

Got the Admiral's Coupon from Bayard and purchased Rochester with it. Nothing remarkable from the 33 SCs I've seen so far, the best was the 14 day premium that came up in one of them.

On 9/15/2023 at 9:18 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

I am holding all my tokens to the end and will use them all at once. 

Yep that's plan as well. Complete all the countries and then get the admiral coupon and spend what's left on supercontainers.

On 9/15/2023 at 4:18 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I am holding all my tokens to the end and will use them all at once. 

Yes, that's my plan too. There's even a more extreme variation on this, if you are looking to pick up some ships and that is to wait till WG releases some new ships.

7 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Yep that's plan as well. Complete all the countries and then get the admiral coupon and spend what's left on supercontainers.

Admiral coupon?

T8's done. 114 of them. OY! 47 bonuses including 1 +5 for the Random match I played in Atlantico (yeah I cheated and played ONE PVP = sue me LOL).

On to T7...

e4d0e5a88c2728657d7357f0b5955f8382d2112f

Didn't get to play much yesterday but got into it some this morning. T7 now done. 76 total ship but only had to play 46 of them as 30 had been done using bonus flakes. Of those 46 games I picked up bonuses in 20 of them including a +5 in KGV (yes I played ONE more PVP - again sue me LOL) for 25 total bonus flakes.

I have really been hammering T5 and T6 with bonuses as the chances of 400 BXP+ games there are slim. So as it stands I am now down to those remaining T5 and T6 ships...

• T6: 77 total ships / 46 already done using bonuses / 31 left to do
  • T5: 60 total ships / 40 already done using bonuses / 20 left to do

So just 51 total ships left. OY!!!!

boss-baby-tired.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I have really been hammering T5 and T6 with bonuses as the chances of 400 BXP+ games there are slim.

I only needed 300bxp or a win to clear a snowflakes in randoms.  Is there a different requirement for coop or ops?

13 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I only needed 300bxp or a win to clear a snowflakes in randoms.  Is there a different requirement for coop or ops?

No, but 400 BXP+, as I have enough qualifying ships in port, gives bonus rewards. I have 521 total ships at present. That means I can earn up to 5 extra bonuses in a game beyond the one on the ship itself. I can use those bonus "flakes" to knock flakes off other ships without playing them. So, I have been playing ships I am more likely to get 400+ BXP in and using the bonuses I get, when I do break 400 BXP, to knock the flake off ships I am not likely to get 400+ BXP in -OR- that I hate. I have so many ships that have flakes (494 if my count was right) that any bonuses I can get to reduce the amount of games I have to play is a god send. Need to maximize my time and efforts towards the end goal.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No, but 400 BXP+, as I have enough qualifying ships in port, gives bonus rewards.

The token things?  I never paid attention to them as far as how many I got. I seemed to get what was listed and no more.  Dang, now I gotta check.

image.thumb.png.d38bf533cab9451ea9b711ac01f3ccee.png 

I don't see any 400 festive tokens.

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
added content

3 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

The token things?  I never paid attention to them as far as how many I got. I seemed to get what was listed and no more.  Dang, now I gotta check.

On the left side of the screen in port, between Campaigns and Containers is a Rewards tab. If that shows a # next to it you have earned bonus flakes equal to whatever the # is. Click on Rewards and it opens the screen where you can use them to knock the flake off unplayed ships.

This explains how it works as far as # of ships you have, how many bonuses you can earn in a game, and the required BXP bar to earn them...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#bonuses

The tokens you get for knocking a flake off are spent in the armory and can get Super Containers, Bayard, and other stuff.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This explains how it works as far as # of ships you have, how many bonuses you can earn in a game, and the required BXP bar to earn them...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/wows-8th-anniversary/#bonuses

Okey, that clears up my confusion.  I wasn't paying any attention to the battle rewards.  It was one of those 'thanks for the fish' things for me.

T6 now done. Actually picked up 8 bonuses surprisingly as 400+ BXP at T6 is hard if you end up vs T5 which you usually do. But all 77 T6 now done. All I have left is 16 T5's and they are all DD and Cruiser other than Giulio Cesare.

SOOOO CLOSE.....

giphy.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

AND DONE!!!!!! 

Finished off the handful of T5's and even got 1 more bonus than I could use as the last game in Emerald was over 500 BXP (figures LOL).

balboa.gif

Now I just have to decide how I will use all of these...

1.jpg

Update - Used the tokens...

• 110 Super Containers (I will post results of what I got later once I open all of them)
  • Bayard (had it + all ships on the list so received 3000 Steel)
  • 85 Blue Boost bundles (1X each p/ bundle)
  • 3 Green Boost bundles (1X each p/ bundle)
  • 1 Gray Boost bundle (1X each p/ bundle)
  • 6 tokens left I can't use

Update 2 - opened the 110 SC's (it auto opened the ones over 100 and then I did a single and then all the rest). Not too shabby. A LOT of combat flags and Green boosts but it is what it is. I did get some very good stuff so no complaints really other than what would it have been pre nerf to SC's 😎.

1.thumb.jpg.5cedccbe2b74b551f0a59da7110e1925.jpg

2.jpg.9f8f88a66fae85851ce401a35a56ea64.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.a246c2e5834bba56265639610f2b357b.jpg

Update 3 - aw crap. I just realized I have to play those 2 new ships for the flakes. 

home-alone-holiday-classics.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Update 3 - aw crap. I just realized I have to play those 2 new ships for the flakes. 

If only you’d gotten them before playing Emerald, then you’d have only needed to play one

9 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

If only you’d gotten them before playing Emerald, then you’d have only needed to play one

I still have the extra reward (it appeared once I got the 2 ships) so I do only have to play 1 as it turns out. I just don't feel like it tonight. Burnt out. Will probably play Anhalt. Just not an ITL BB fan.

Image1.thumb.jpg.16b8189371590e8243ad3c13332e9ef1.jpg