Russian-Exclusive Contents of Patch 12.8

Project45_Opytny

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I don't feel it's worth losing sleep over.
While nice to keep up with the news and useful for entertaining comparisons, we players do not have control over what the companies do.
What we control is whether or not we play and how much or how little to open our wallets.

Ah, we don't have control of what companies do.........other than with our pocket books; or, the laws we write and vote for; or, access to our markets....

"a house divided against itself can not stand...."  if you are a history geek comes to mind.  And, if we fail to study game history, we are doomed to repeat it.... (sound familiar>?  Santayana, Life of reason, 1905/6>>?)  

Many games simply try to exist in separate markets and in the process, ruin all of the markets because of the ongoing costs of separate marketing and programming.  

That's where I am on this.  We have a lot of control - should we choose to use it.  I am.  And, I really like this game - when it isn't trying to cause me a brain hemorrhage from all of the "noodle neck stupid head" crap it does....

Edited by Asym
  • Haha 1

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

*cough* *cough-cough-cough-*

https://blog.korabli.su/blog/479

image.thumb.png.ed5ffd6dc29c18c1c217d1aaa62a868e.png

Translation is crappy yet it should help anyway.

Lesta claims that they will have a closed, preliminary test on aviation spotting mechanics (the umpteenth time again): what will happen if patrol fighter squadrons are unable to do spotting.

• Thanks 1

I don’t understand the “just don’t…” mentality. “Just don’t criticize them, cause they won’t listen.” What does this accomplish? Why shouldn’t someone be held to a standard, and criticized when they can’t meet that standard? Why shouldn’t we say what irks us? Why shouldn’t we be a thorn in their side: letting people know that their money is wasted with this company; that a game with great potential has turned itself into a glorified, interactive milking machine that can’t be bothered to learn from their own mistakes or someone else’s successes. Why shouldn’t we compare favorable things in another (nearly identical) game, that are not in ours? 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, That WoT Player said:

I don’t understand the “just don’t…” mentality. “Just don’t criticize them, cause they won’t listen.

What you want to ultimately accomplish with criticism is to help to create a positive change right?

Though I'm saying as it's evident for many years now that criticism is not enough and never was enough.

You can totally continue. No one is stopping you.

But if you want to make change happen you need to take the right actions as in stop playing, stop paying. Don't engage with them. Don't promote discussion about them. That is what ultimately hurts them and what they will listen to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Is this really healthy? Are people going to spend the rest of WOWS's existence screaming because they want the Russian stuff?

Mir Korabley is like WOWS's identical twin that was forced into exile and is now making different life choices. Let it go.

Let it go? 

Not so fast.

Those balance changes are substantial and significant, and they do not just happen in a vacuum. Nor were they pulled out of thin air. Which leads us to validly question why these are not implemented in other servers.

Now if you want to talk about getting new premiums, pricing of ships, spending money, or just plain enjoy talking about how ships look, then by all means people—paying customers, to be exact—like you can dismiss it on that regard. 

But to even question the OP's post it if it is really healthy and then dismissing it for not getting 'Russian stuff' is conveniently turning a blind eye to the important thing: balance changes.

1 hour ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

@Project45_Opytny  so you’re mad you didn’t get more free stuff?

You did not even acknowledge the balance changes, which are significant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

For me, it's like there are two steamers that are both malfunctioning amid open sea. Then as a complete layman regarding marine engineering/naval architecture, you will have to determine which one is more seaworthy and thus more likely to survive.

Interesting analogy.

to work on that.. IF both ships are foundering, do you concentrate efforts on the 20000 tonne freighter or the 50000 tonne freighter, eg as far as floating stock or insurables goes the 50KT would be a lot more valuable. Now rather than actual ships, plug that (dubious) equation into combined server populations. In this case, its not so much an OR situation its an AND situation.. two similar games, two different companies, both can work on their own 'ships' as they see fit.

2 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

And you seriously think we do not deserve free stuff when comparing with RU players?

No one deserves free stuff. It’s nice to get what ever they want to give us. If it’s a big deal for you, play on the Russian server. 

• Bored 2

24 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

You did not even acknowledge the balance changes, which are significant.

Players beat the “Balance” drum line it’s some sort mating call. A pvp bases game will never be balanced nor should it be. I enjoy an unbalanced game. It’s fun to be at s disadvantage and find ways to win.  If everything is balanced and every ship type has the same things it boring. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 2

6 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

No one deserves free stuff. It’s nice to get what ever they want to give us. If it’s a big deal for you, play on the Russian server. 

Wargaming would appreciate your attitude on rewards and willingness to accept however unjust treatments.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

Tell me you have no idea how modern gaming works, without telling me you have no idea.

That "free stuff" isn't free. It's called an "incentive". In an ocean of available games, companies need to fight for the customer. Sure, they can be like WG, being stingy and lazy, but we haven't seen any server growth recently, now have we?

There are patents on gaming incentive mechanics, research papers, what have you. Hell, some games are built around incentive mechanics like gacha pulls.

The stuff provided to people for playing in a Free to Play game, is the cost of doing business. No buck, no Buck Rogers.

And if you think that stuff is "free", you can scrub my toilet, because you clearly don't value your time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Just now, pew_pew_magoo said:

Players beat the “Balance” drum line it’s some sort mating call.

I don't know about you, but mating is farthest from my mind. 😝

2 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

A pvp bases game will never be balanced nor should it be.

It is PVP-based, not 'pvp bases'. 

And why should it not be balanced? You mean to say Wargaming is truly wrong all this time? Quite interesting claim you have there, especially now that they are celebrating their product's 8th birthday. 🤣

4 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

I enjoy an unbalanced game.

No you don't. Don't kid yourself. 

4 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

If everything is balanced and every ship type has the same things it boring. 

The key thing to remember is how your definition of balance aligns with that of Wargaming's. And it appears your definition is empty, because you do not like balance to begin with. 

• Like 3

Let's keep it respectful, mates!  

Everyone here is entitled to their views and opinions.  This is not a joust with words directed toward individuals.  Good main points are being made, but sometimes the last sentence turns the screws a little too tight.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

It is PVP-based, not 'pvp bases'. 

And why should it not be balanced? You mean to say Wargaming is truly wrong all this time? Quite interesting claim you have there, especially now that they are celebrating their product's 8th birthday. 🤣

Sorry for the typo. I forgot that people point out grammar when they don’t have a valid argument.  I assume you want every ship type in the game to have the same hit points, guns, armor and consumables. That would be balanced. 

47 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

No you don't. Don't kid yourself. 

Yes I do. I know players of your talent don’t want a challenge, but to those of us who do it helps hone your skills. It’s good to learn from mistakes. 

50 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

The key thing to remember is how your definition of balance aligns with that of Wargaming's. And it appears your definition is empty, because you do not like balance to begin with. 

Yep. Empty kind of line your arguments. 

Look, I know it’s the “cool” thing on this forum to be as anti-WG as you can be. You have that down pat. You’re still in the vast minority of players who think your points matter. They don’t. WG is going to develop the game how they want and us new players like they way it’s headed. Voicing your opinions and concerns are great, but you don’t speak for the majority.  

• Bored 2

1 minute ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

Look, I know it’s the “cool” thing on this forum to be as anti-WG as you can be

We are allowing anyone to state their opinions and discuss such. I hope the fact that many here align with your described view is not overly discouraging though.

I hope we can continue keeping the discussion civil though. What we are about to dip into has in the past often lead to throwing dirt. Let's make the effort to avoid that 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

What you want to ultimately accomplish with criticism is to help to create a positive change right?

Though I'm saying as it's evident for many years now that criticism is not enough and never was enough.

But if you want to make change happen you need to take the right actions as in stop playing, stop paying. Don't engage with them. Don't promote discussion about them. That is what ultimately hurts them and what they will listen to.

I know arguing with a mod is usually a death sentence, but I’m stubborn and have something to say, so: 

One person removing their money from the equation won’t make a lick of difference. Tis but a rounding error in their check book. But if I were to remove my money AND criticize them in a manner that removes other players money from a game’s pockets, then I have actually achieved my goal. Criticism is needed to spread the word; the call to withdrawal your credit card. Being silent hurts that initiative, and makes no difference in either the short or long term. I have already stopped playing, and I’ve been F2P since open beta (Nov 2015 is when I joined), so there’s nothing more I can really do. But through my words, I could convince other people that their time is just as poorly spent. That is why I criticize, and urge other players to criticize; not everyone knows what happens, but I and other critics could give them an idea. 

As an example, let’s take LWM and Chobittsu’s Yukon-gate: if neither of them had come forward with their criticisms, how on earth could any of us known it happened? Pretty much they were the only non-WG people involved, and the whole debacle would have gone unnoticed and unpunished if they followed the “just don’t criticize” mantra some of you keep spouting. It’s counter intuitive, it’s self defeating, and it doesn’t actually hold account to the people who should be held accountable. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, That WoT Player said:

One person removing their money from the equation won’t make a lick of difference. Tis but a rounding error in their check book. But if I were to remove my money AND criticize them in a manner that removes other players money from a game’s pockets, then I have actually achieved my goal.

I 100% agree. However this forum is for those who play the game, want to play the game and discuss the game, every aspect of it, positive or negative be it subs CVs, lootboxes, actions they deem enjoyable where it doesn't matter if others find the same activity enjoyable or not.

The purpose of the game is to give individual enjoyment with the individual who is engaging withing the game in the games given set of rules.

Therefore while it's alright to discuss the negatives we will not tolerate anyone here to offer criticism with the motive to damage the games success for long term change.

We are not allowing you to try to make the game appear miserable to others who enjoy it and want to talk about their joy within it. So if you want to achieve this goal do it in review sites, do it on steam, on the official discord. But don't expect us to support your effort as this platform is supposed to be a place for people to discuss not to align them for your cause.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

Look, I know it’s the “cool” thing on this forum to be as anti-WG as you can be.

I merely said the changes introduced over at the RU server is significant and should not be dismissed outright. There's nothing anti-WG about that, and I do not have any idea about this "cool" thing you are mentioning, which is frankly impertinent to the discussion at hand.

But if we are going to go by your train of thought, it could also be argued that you are trying to be pro-WG, and can be "cool"? I don't know. As I said, I am merely citing the balance changes that are significant, and in my opinion, should not be outright dismissed.

12 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

Yep. Empty kind of line your arguments. 

You said you do not like balance, and I acknowledged that. Why are you resorting to ad hominem?

13 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

You’re still in the vast minority of players who think your points matter.

I don't know anything about this 'vast minority' you are talking about because my points are my own points, and I do not beg nor enforce it to anyone. Moreover, the discussion to begin with has been about the balance changes they introduced for a significant number of ships, and not about 'vast minority' or thinking one's points matter.

16 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

Voicing your opinions and concerns are great, but you don’t speak for the majority.  

I never claimed I am speaking for the majority. Where did you get that idea?

17 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

I know players of your talent don’t want a challenge, but to those of us who do it helps hone your skills. It’s good to learn from mistakes. 

Again you misunderstand. Balance among ships in the game is not necessarily the same as facing a challenge or learning from mistakes. 

21 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

I assume you want every ship type in the game to have the same hit points, guns, armor and consumables. That would be balanced. 

Holy smokes man. Loosen up. Where did you get that idea that balance among ships should be having the same hit points, guns, armor and consumables?

23 minutes ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

I know it’s the “cool” thing on this forum to be as anti-WG as you can be. You have that down pat.

I make and post my own gameplay videos that promote this WG product, on my own volition, without any expectation of earning or monetizing or whatever. I have in other posts indicated what I like and what I dislike in World of Warships. And I am anti-WG as I can be? LOL 

Let's focus back on the OP's post, shall we? 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

Well......we don't like to hear this kind of stuff. But.... it is true. Absolutely, every single mentioning of the game, somewhere, anywhere..... ultimately helps..... them. 

On the other hand, calling them out on their misdeeds is, fun . And we are here to have ......fun. One way or another.  🙂

A pvp bases game will never be balanced nor should it be.

That's not ......remotely  correct. You are talking about a symmetrically balanced game.  But Wows is an imbalanced balanced type of game from the get go. One can create a perfectly balanced game, while the game  is inherently imbalanced.

But that's NOT what WarGambling does, at least, very much not lately. 

I enjoy an unbalanced game. It’s fun to be at s disadvantage and find ways to win.

That's perfectly fine. I also enjoyed playing RN Cl's. Until Wedgie, succesfully, frakked up cruisers, by consecutive bad decisions ( cap rework, removal of disp debuff from camo's, nerfing smoke, reducing earnings for resets and boosting sec artillery earnings ) all to kowtow to the "big guns go boom' crowd. Which was hilariously (and also quite factually exposed during Asymmetrical battles . I mean...just......lolz....

Not to mention the inclusion of subs in ranked, while subs have their individual earnings artificially boosted. in a mode which is all about.....  individual... performance..... .Yeah

So when people mention Weegee and balance......in the same sentence........it makes me go 6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gif and also instantly wanting what they are smokin' coz.... seems efficient 0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

IHAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY, WORLD OF WARSHIPS!

Party.gif.775db5c1b96025a317642711ab81ef

Nice signature!

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

There are patents on gaming incentive mechanics, research papers, what have you. Hell, some games are built around incentive mechanics like gacha pulls.

Yeah, and then there are some of the AI demo'd games out there.....  That actually "create a profile" of what you will or will not spend on;  what you like or don't like;  whom you talk to and participate with and how they help or hurt you; and, they "reach out" and determine "who you are....." (especially, the home school AI's that will communicate with Local and State Education Departments !)    Guess what, in the future, games will "create incentive mechanics designed exactly for you....."   And, that isn't a good thing because, no government yet has figured out what an AI game generated "personal, financial, educational, geographical" profile means......  There are some of us right now, asking for legislation to regulate educational and gaming AI generated "profiles...."  (that can be sold or hacked....)

They go after who you really are; how smart you are; how fast you learn; what "motivates" you to learn; what your retention levels are; and, most importantly what drives/compels you to learn or spend and from where.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Benson, for example, in my opinion fits better for the impressions of the DeLorean time machine on me, at least she is rather fast.

Well in fact Delorean DMC-12 was not a fast car even by 1980s standards, only having 130 hp and the car itself weighs about 1300 kg (so the power to weight ratio is about 10kg/hp, as comparison, a normal Honda Civic's most popular model has about 180hp and the car weighs about 1400kg), the performance figures are only on par with the most basic cars nowadays. Also someone reminded me that Zieten was picked as the winner for that camo via a vote.

The car is famous only because it was luckily selected as the starring car in Back To Future movie (in other words it would be forgettable if it wasn't selected for the movie), the logic is pretty similar to 1980s Toyota Corolla getting famous because of Initial D.

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Go play Mir Korabley then, and stop complaining about WOWS.

People have right to complain as long as it's not rant and based on facts. The official WOWS discord server where WG supresses complaints fits you well if you don't like seeing compaints about WG. 

And I think we WOWS players all deserve better in game rewards/changes and new contents implemented in MK.

4 hours ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

Also a reminder that criticism towards WG in this forum does nothing as W&G is not collecting it here.

Then it's perfect because WG collect criticism comments only to ban players from their discord server (or their official "forum" for now).

4 hours ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

so you’re mad you didn’t get more free stuff?

So you feel bad for getting 1000+ steel every month by just logging into the game? You prefer grinding hours everyday to get the same amount of reward that some other people obtained by a few simple clicking?

Anyone who played Public Test server knows that there're occasionally untranslated Russian strings appearing in the game (still can be seen in 12.7 PT1), which hints that at least for now Lesta and WG is still not completely divided and Russian developers are still working for WOWS more or less, so Lesta's MK and WOWS are largely still the same game and WG needs Lesta's stuff to keep the game running. Only when WG stops delievering any stuff from Lesta, we can say that they are different.

The next point is pretty simple, if we are playing the largely same game, we deserve (at least some of) the good stuff MK player get, e.g. those balance changes for veteran and underperforming ships. Yet do we get any of them?

Plus as players we are customers and have right to comment on WG's moves (e.g. how to offer in-game products) and products (e.g. ships in the game) as long as it's based on facts. In Lesta's server Schill would be offered for free via collection and we still don't have info on how to obtain her, only get a renewed lootbox that has 2.5% chance of dropping one (You can guess whether WG will sell her directly via gold/offer her for free basing on its recent moves).

So let's simplify this question, which do you prefer? Free stuff or paid stuff (that's even in bundles/random lootboxes) that can be a potential money pit? If your answer is the former one, then you shouldn't agree with WG's current move.

I don't know how much stuff you guys bought lately, my gold is largely the same amount as last year because the stuff is either not interesting enough or WG is putting them behind abnormally high paywalls (sometimes it's both).

As a game company, WG makes more profit only when players are satisfied and then willing to grind/pay, and something is definitely wrong when you start to feel that IT'S A RELIEF TO LEAVE IT FOR A WHILE. I doubt if WG knows this simple commercial rule, it seems that Lesta is at least more aware of it so far.

Edited by New_Jersey_prpr
added more texts
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, New_Jersey_prpr said:

People have right to complain as long as it's not rant and based on facts.

If he thinks the Russia server is so much better, he should join it is what I'm saying. Then he wouldn't have skin in this version any more and he wouldn't have to complain about it.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Bored 4

I want to sell Russia some 155mm shells from my Mogami stock.

Edited by ___V_E_N_O_M___

3 hours ago, That WoT Player said:

But if I were to remove my money AND criticize them in a manner that removes other players money from a game’s pockets, then I have actually achieved my goal. Criticism is needed to spread the word; the call to withdrawal your credit card. Being silent hurts that initiative, and makes no difference in either the short or long term. I have already stopped playing, and I’ve been F2P since open beta (Nov 2015 is when I joined), so there’s nothing more I can really do. But through my words, I could convince other people that their time is just as poorly spent. That is why I criticize, and urge other players to criticize; not everyone knows what happens, but I and other critics could give them an idea. 

I'm sorry, but this is not acceptable. According to your own words, you are not a player of the game you never supported the game and yet you want to use the forums for your personal.......whatever. Not to effect change, but only to hurt. That's....not acceptable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against calling out Wedgie ( lol far from it) but...... giving "advice" and gathering pitchforks for burning down the house.....are not the same thing.