I was reported.. Again.... ; ) Updated with Answer

Col_NASTY

The number of extremely petty people playing this game always surprises me, although I should know better at this point.  I was reported today for "kill stealing" even though I had done 52K damage to "his" kill.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I was reported today for "kill stealing" even though I had done 52K damage to "his" kill.  

7 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@PrairiePlayer If it still is able to shoot - it's fair game, in my opinion.

There is no such thing as kill stealing, only kill securing. A ship that is low on health is usually just as dangerous and able to sink allies as one that is full health (arguably more dangerous if AR is a factor).

Kills are weighted much less heavily than damage in regards to XP and credits awarded anyways.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The number of extremely petty people playing this game always surprises me, although I should know better at this point.  I was reported today for "kill stealing" even though I had done 52K damage to "his" kill.  

never see it in random or Ranked, maybe co-op?

Dumpstered a Chung Mu for the win with him at 100% and me around 4k. Tried to explain that i spread my damage to his unsaturated sections for more alpha damage per shot and how french dd saturation works but he wasn't having it. 

Butthurt01.png

Edited by Folded_1000_Times
  • Like 1

• Col_NASTY changed the title to I was reported.. Again.... ; ) Updated with Answer
1 hour ago, Otago_F111 said:

never see it in random or Ranked, maybe co-op?

Seen more times than I care to remember in random.

7 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Congratulations! You're in breach of TOS/EULA for misusing the report system!

Thank you, I couldn't be more delighted!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, HogHammer said:

@Daniel_Allan_Clark, you want to watch Karma disappear.  Create a division of 3 (2 Gato's and a good destroyer).  

just play a sub alone and you'll lose roughly the same anyway. Gato is bad though, No one should get Gato. Gato should be removed from the game(and everyone given compensation of course), without question.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

No. But reporting a sub driver just for driving a sub definitely is.

Hate to burst your bubble but there is no rule in EULA stating its "forbidden to report sub players for playing the sub" (ergo it is allowed by ommision) but even if there was people can stil report anyone for anything and they dont get punished for doing it, WG stated they consider the karma/report system a venting mechanism and thats why it has no bearing on anything important in the game...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

There is no such thing as kill stealing, only kill securing. A ship that is low on health is usually just as dangerous and able to sink allies as one that is full health (arguably more dangerous if AR is a factor).

Kills are weighted much less heavily than damage in regards to XP and credits awarded anyways.

Yup. The short and sweet version, if you give someone the curtesy of 'securing' a kill, you run the risk of it not happening and, depending on the ship, the 'kill' regaining a significant amount of HP's, and potentially sinking one or more of your team mates (or you), and flipping the battle.

The only area where this gets 'sensitive' is if there's a kill based mission around (which also encourages 'kill stealing', btw) which is another indication of rather poor mission planning because WG is allowing their missions to wreck gameplay.

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

only area where this gets 'sensitive' is if there's a kill based mission around (which also encourages 'kill stealing', btw) which is another indication of rather poor mission planning because WG is allowing their missions to wreck gameplay.

True, lately I do those in coop using yolo emilio... Go in, torp 2-3 bots to death, ram move on to next, rinse and repeat

• Like 2

The people reporting that sub or CV despite them carrying their useless ass is the reason why some shouldn't be allowed to interact with the system.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The short and sweet version, if you give someone the curtesy of 'securing' a kill, you run the risk of it not happening

When you can SEE their torpedoes about to hit the hull and you snaffle the kill anyway, yeah, that's stealing.

12 minutes ago, CaptainEleven said:

I recently got reported because I landed a torp kill shot on a Mogador with my Black. Guy raged hard.

Got to admit, I'd be salty too at first if I were the Mogador captain (though I'd be more likely to congratulate you than report you). Y'know, given that I'm probably faster than your torps even without speed boost.

Did you aim it at him, or was it just a speculative area denial shot?

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

When you can SEE their torpedoes about to hit the hull and you snaffle the kill anyway, yeah, that's stealing.

That's correct. If I spot the torps, I keep an eye on them to see if they will hit their intended target before shooting.

• Like 2

People care about being reported? I'm reported like 1 out of every 2 battles for something. Laughable. WG doesn't do anything about it. I've committed so many TOS violations in chat now that I should be banned for the next 100 years. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

People care about being reported?

Not sure who really CARES.

Many of us have made it into a fun sport sharing the DERP reasons we were though.

A close second to getting those GLORIOUS HAXUSATIONS 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Got to admit, I'd be salty too at first if I were the Mogador captain (though I'd be more likely to congratulate you than report you). Y'know, given that I'm probably faster than your torps even without speed boost.

Did you aim it at him, or was it just a speculative area denial shot?

I'd love to say it was aimed, but it was area denial, and he happened to turn exactly the way I guessed he would.

21 minutes ago, CaptainEleven said:

I'd love to say it was aimed, but it was area denial, and he happened to turn exactly the way I guessed he would.

Sort of a bit of both, then. It wasn't just "Oh, let's just fill this gap and see if we catch anything" - you knew there was a catch to be had, and he fell for a sucker trap.

I need to at some point learn that skill when using torpedoes...the ability to predict roughly where a spread might catch out a maneuvering enemy ship...

I still haven't got this skill.

15 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Bro honestly I watched the exactly that thing happen yesterday -  torps hit AAAAND - the f red BB was stil alive (even if just barely) so I had to finish it off by shooting it or I would have got fully broadsided by it, in the process turning and wasting a salvo worth 30k damage to get 2... IMHO that whole honor blah blah buisness is a weak argument in itself, WOWS aint a jousting tournament in middle f ages, I mean polite or not one is not supposed to sacrifice their ship and possibly win for some "muh its polite" whatnot, f-it as somebody said - if she can still shoot/torp or even spot kill her off ASAP somebody on your team could die even just for beeing spotted and unable to go dark let alone eating a spread of longlances for instance so guy that doesnt want their "kill stolen" should finish the f kill or go bugger themselves...

In my experience: Do good in a destroyer -3. Do badly in a destroyer -3. Make a game winning play +4 -3. Ping RPF during critical moments -5 reported for spamming.

It's_All_So_Tiresome.png