CB Tier X off-flank kiting cruisers?

Tread_Head57

This CB season I've had some success in the Atago as an off-flank kiting cruiser. Usually I'm out there by myself or with one other CA. For the Atago, I like the concealment + high HE alpha/accuracy combo. Assuming next CB season is back to Tier X, what cruisers fill a similar role/style within CB? I'm not usually a tier X CA main, so want to lean forward and get some practice. For reference, I have Salem, Jinan, Moskva (leg mod), Napoli, Castilla, Henry IV (lighthouse) and Austin. I am close to getting Venezia/San Martin. Thanks. 

Edited by Tread_Head57
Forgot a ship

Napoli’s always a good pick (although some callers I’ve played with prefer having it on a push flank). Castilla can also work on a kiting flank. Salem and Moskva are definitely more push/contested flank ships. Henri used to be one of the top off flank picks, but I haven’t seen many of them even after it got buffed. As much as I like playing Austin and Jinan, they’re not going to be useful in “real” team comps. Meme divisions, sure, but that’s probably it. 

San Martin and Venezia are some of my favorites (I have well over 1 million xp on my Venezia, almost all from CBs with just the normal account and clan bonuses, no consumable ship xp boosters). I also love playing Nevsky on kiting flanks.

Personally, my top kite flank ships are Venezia (yes, even over Napoli), Nevsky, and San Martin. Especially if paired with a DD for spotting and smokescreens.

Venezia’s SAP will rip apart the enemy DD that your DD spots, then you can just farm anything else that pushes on that side (and smoke for yourself when needed). Nevsky has radar for spotting a DD if you’re alone on the flank, and the range and ballistics to kite and farm targets. San Martin also has radar, and unless you get dev struck (or focused by the entire enemy team pushing you alone on that flank) you’re nearly unkillable with the superheal and combat instructions. 

San Martin is the go to pick for a kiting cruiser in CBs. It's extremely self sufficient and a huge pain in the ass to remove if you don't over commit with it.