Amazon Pay Option

SoshiSone

Anyone notice the Amazon Pay option on WG site is no longer available.  Anyone else run into this lately?

I opened a ticket, but the WG response was not satisfactory.  Coming here on the off change a member had this problem and can tell me exactly what they did to fix it.

14 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Anyone notice the Amazon Pay option on WG site is no longer available.  Anyone else run into this lately?

I opened a ticket, but the WG response was not satisfactory.  Coming here on the off change a member had this problem and can tell me exactly what they did to fix it.

I haven't noticed this. I've noticed that in my local area, Amazon gift cards have been pulled off the shelf at some retailers in the last few months. I don't know the exact reason and wonder if there is some security issue.

• Like 1

My first ticket response was I hadn't linked my account to Amazon.  That was never a condition, but I did it anyway.  Nope. didn't fix it.

Their next response was to pull up their announcement from Feb 2023 (yes 2023) saying Amazon was "temporarily" unavailable.  Yeah, back in 2023. But they had that whole tie in with Amazon last year.  Hell, I used it in December 2023 to get their good deal on Premium.

Sounds like their tech support either takes a shot in the dark (you haven't linked to Amazon) or just searches their own database (pull up a nigh 2 year old obsolete announcement).  No REAL investigation or feedback.

When a company has a product to sell, I'd think they'd prioritize ensuring customers are hooked up to ways to depart with their money in support of the business.  Oh well.  I guess I'll miss out on a little bit of extra WOWS fun.  WG will miss out on the dollars.

23 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

My first ticket response was I hadn't linked my account to Amazon.  That was never a condition, but I did it anyway.  Nope. didn't fix it.

Their next response was to pull up their announcement from Feb 2023 (yes 2023) saying Amazon was "temporarily" unavailable.  Yeah, back in 2023. But they had that whole tie in with Amazon last year.  Hell, I used it in December 2023 to get their good deal on Premium.

Sounds like their tech support either takes a shot in the dark (you haven't linked to Amazon) or just searches their own database (pull up a nigh 2 year old obsolete announcement).  No REAL investigation or feedback.

When a company has a product to sell, I'd think they'd prioritize ensuring customers are hooked up to ways to depart with their money in support of the business.  Oh well.  I guess I'll miss out on a little bit of extra WOWS fun.  WG will miss out on the dollars.

It's been interesting, for me, as an educational topic.  Thanks for sharing.