Battle Of Leyte Gulf Campain Progress Thread (PVE)

AdmiralThunder

So the BLG Campaign to earn Tennessee started today. WG said it won't be easy and I believe that if week 1 is what they consider an easy week (the norm for them in long events - hook people in early with easy and back end the hard stuff). While not "difficult" it wasn't exactly what I would call "easy" based on recent events. So I expect this to be a grind for TN.

Another thing is this is not like the usual Web Campaigns. This is more like a dockyard. The stages have to be unlocked by completing the previous stage AND then you have to wait a week before you can actually do the next one. I am not a fan of this format. I was expecting to be able to grind the stages out one after another not have to take almost 2 months to do it because WG makes me wait a week to be able to start the next stage. Not going to lie, I am disappointed. I imagine they did this to frustrate people in the hopes they will spend on it but man I wish this was just a normal Campaign and not the standard weekly stage event format. Sucks.  😞

Well, stage 1 is done anyway. I took advantage of SuperShip MM which let me get quite a few all bot games for parts of it that sped it along nicely.

Stage 1:

• 6000 BXP (8 games in Maine)
  • 600 Ribbons (2 games in Harugumo)
  • 15 Kills/Citadels (1 game in Budyonny - 16 cits + 3 kills LOL)
  • 121,000 Spotting (1 game in Eagle + 2 games in Sekiryu)
  • 10 Caps/Asst Caps/D-Caps (1 game in Fujin - 1 solo Cap + 12 D-Caps)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2

LOL!

Decided to grab a 10 pack of crates for the blue boosts and hopefully some tokens (I want that Enterprise camo) and well...

spacer.png

spacer.png

At just a 2% drop rate I really did not expect the ship. Oh well. 118,000 Coal as compensation when I get it by playing is better than their usual credits.

steve-harvey-oscars2017reaction.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

maybe i am missing something, where do you go to get the missions.  it says complete 5 but there are no missions displayed???

3 minutes ago, Bigal54 said:

maybe i am missing something, where do you go to get the missions.  it says complete 5 but there are no missions displayed???

Go to the armory and click the SHOW button on the Battle of Leyte Gulf banner at the top. Then click SHOW on the Battle of Leyte Gulf Adventure Banner at the top on the page it opens. Then you have to click the orange START ADVENTURE button.

That gives you the week 1 set of missions. They will appear under the Combat Mission tab in port (will be in their own Battle of Leyte Gulf section -week 1 is called Submarine Attack)). I believe you will have to go back to the campaign screen in the armory each week to unlock the next stage by clicking on it. You have to be finished the previous week's mission set to start the next one as well.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Then you have to click the orange START ADVENTURE button.

I missed that easter egg.  

12 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I missed that easter egg.  

spacer.png

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

LOL!

Decided to grab a 10 pack of crates for the blue boosts and hopefully some tokens (I want that Enterprise camo) and well...

spacer.png

spacer.png

At just a 2% drop rate I really did not expect the ship. Oh well. 118,000 Coal as compensation when I get it by playing is better than their usual credits.

steve-harvey-oscars2017reaction.gif

Jammy sod lol i got 8 crates and got a load of garbage lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ghastous said:

Jammy sod lol i got 8 crates and got a load of garbage lol

Which reminds me it is trash-collection day, in my neighborhood, today.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Which reminds me it is trash-collection day, in my neighborhood, today.  Thanks.

No worries lol

• Like 1

Collect 600 ribbons you say?

Screenshot2024-10-10170408.thumb.png.b42e3226c6b047cd089643a51c8c01c5.png

One co-op in my Smolensk should cover it.  

joecool.thumb.jpg.d96f2c3b8e85a8690ad137890874f705.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 citadels?  That's a tall order for one battle but ok.  Galicia is the little ship that could, I think.

Screenshot2024-10-10174108.thumb.png.681c47990fe1f9a544e18ff92116172d.png

• Like 4

Spotting started out a nightmare.  I was using dds and while I could get ships spotted, I couldn't convince anyone to shoot at them.  One game I have 4 ships spotted with ZERO spotting damage.

I finally got some traction while playing my Missouri in ops.  Cherry Blossom was excellent for this.  Game starts, hit the radar, soak in the spotting damage on the enemy dds.

I did finally finish the mission and have also gotten 6 of 10 caps.  Done with that tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Captain Slattery said:

Spotting started out a nightmare.  I was using dds and while I could get ships spotted, I couldn't convince anyone to shoot at them.  One game I have 4 ships spotted with ZERO spotting damage.

I finally got some traction while playing my Missouri in ops.  Cherry Blossom was excellent for this.  Game starts, hit the radar, soak in the spotting damage on the enemy dds.

I did finally finish the mission and have also gotten 6 of 10 caps.  Done with that tomorrow.

20 minutes ago, Efros said:

Few trips out with Delny sorted that one out. The spotting damage criterion for missions is really bad and should be kicked to the kerb.

Finished the spotting mission in about 10 battles.  Had to use a fast DD, and stay in front of the pack (even if they were going in the wrong direction,) spot the reds and dropped smoke.  Didn't score very well, but spotting damage missions typically mean that you're not doing a lot of damage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Efros said:

@HamptonRoads   Yeah I tried a few games with Marceau but the followers I had in those games were either bots or potatoes and so the SD was minimal to non existent.

I think CV's have a better chance of success, based upon my exprience.

5 hours ago, Efros said:

Did a couple of those too, I suck at CVs and netted less than 3k per game.

Okay.  Perhaps it's time to "LEVEL-UP", eh?  😉 

Though, if you're flying a CV in a Co-op battle, the opportunities for spotting damage will be short-lived.
Have you tried sailing/flying in random battles, instead?

5 hours ago, Captain Slattery said:

Got the last mission done today.  Does anyone know when we can get the next set of missions?

The next combat mission chain will become available on October 17. It is as if Wargaming is telling us to momentarily:

STOP!

🤣

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Okay.  Perhaps it's time to "LEVEL-UP", eh?  😉 

Though, if you're flying a CV in a Co-op battle, the opportunities for spotting damage will be short-lived.
Have you tried sailing/flying in random battles, instead?

Not in several years and never IIRC in a CV. Mission is now complete as is the last one which is a piece of piss to be sure.

18 minutes ago, Efros said:

Not in several years and never IIRC in a CV. Mission is now complete as is the last one which is a piece of piss to be sure.

😁