DevStrike! Fleet Challenge - The Results

HogHammer

4 hours ago, Verytis said:

To win 3 prizes is very nice. Thank you, Devstrike team.

Maybe I should do some free advertising the next time you host one of these, considering you literally had an unclaimed prize still.

I shared the link to the competition announcement on Drachinifiel's Discord Channel #WoWS-and-Wargaming section in Late August

And it was buried almost immediately

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I did in clan server, but seems like nobody showed up. Maybe because CB season. 

I almost didn't send these games as I thought they'd surely be too low. Maybe most members didn't for that reason. 

That's interesting. It seems like requiring us to keep our scores secret actually achieved opposite of the intended effect.

After considering the results, I'm actually slightly concerned whether it'd be too easy to out-compete the regular forum users here.
Our clan plays CB too, and I could imagine a few of my clanmates doing quite decent and being on the board here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

I shared the link to the competition announcement on Drachinifiel's Discord Channel #WoWS-and-Wargaming section in Late August

And it was buried almost immediately

I did the same with the contest on our clan's Discord server. Discord is just a tough delivery system for featuring/highlighting an event that people will read.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Verytis said:

That's interesting. It seems like requiring us to keep our scores secret actually achieved opposite of the intended effect.

Maybe. It's that Donnerwetter-Kriegsmarine effect people keep talking about. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Verytis said:

After considering the results, I'm actually slightly concerned whether it'd be too easy to out-compete the regular forum users here.
Our clan plays CB too, and I could imagine a few of my clanmates doing quite decent and being on the board here.

Posting rolling scores during the event could be helpful and something we may consider in the future. As this is the second contest we have conducted, we learn from any mistakes and the positive features of the contests once they are completed.

I will say that I've seen WG post results as a contest evolves, and after looking at some of the results, it is a turnoff to me. In reality, posting results may have some good points and negatives as well.

I will add that since DevStrike and WoWs have roughly the same anniversary month, we may want to adjust the event's timing in the future.  There were just a lot of things happening during the month of September.

• Like 6

We see a bar to rise above with who the winners of this contest were (both co-op & random). Gratz to those who entered & to those who won. I would say leave the contest rules the same. Do not do a running announcement as to score leaders as some suggest. That was T8? What other tiers are planned to be featured & how low a tier will be considered? T6? I'd like to see as low as T4 (because it gets little love these days). 🙂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

We see a bar to rise above with who the winners of this contest were (both co-op & random). Gratz to those who entered & to those who won. I would say leave the contest rules the same. Do not do a running announcement as to score leaders as some suggest. That was T8? What other tiers are planned to be featured & how low a tier will be considered? T6? I'd like to see as low as T4 (because it gets little love these days). 🙂

I've nothing against Tier-4, per se.
But, Submarine's lowest tier is currently Tier-6.  So ...?  🤔

While the anonymous contest kept things mysterious, it did (eventually) reveal that we've got some talented players on this forum.
I admit I've got some leveling-up to do, if I were to compete on their level.  🙂 

• Like 1

I appreciated the anonymous nature of the contest.  I think it does tend to encourage participation, since you don't know what's what, just turn in your top scores and hope for the best.  Exciting!  Maybe some folks assumed that their scores might not have been competitive and so did not submit, but perhaps they will next time.  The random draw should encourage that too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mhm

I assumed my Cruiser entry was not competitive based off of my own top 3 records >240k

And that perception only changed post Deadline date when multiple people mentioned they struggled to reach their records in Cruisers.

Even still I assumed I might sneak in an 3rd place if lucky

My CV bid was literally best of 5-10 games, with the rest not breaching 65k. And more of luck than skill, again assuming I would be unlikely to get top spots

...but in both cases I decided to try my luck

Edited by aleksi111
Addendum
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've nothing against Tier-4, per se.
But, Submarine's lowest tier is currently Tier-6.  So ...?  🤔

There is the sentiment that some don't like CVs whether they are reworked or old style &, then, there's the sentiment about 'Flubs' (I won't miss those either 😁). 

Yes, T4 (or T5) would be fine by me, too. Really, 'all tiers' (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 &*) should eventually be tried, imho 🙂.

Edited by Aethervox

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

it did (eventually) reveal that we've got some talented players on this forum.
I admit I've got some leveling-up to do, if I were to compete on their level.  🙂 

Yes. Moi, aussi.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HogHammer said:

I did the same with the contest on our clan's Discord server. Discord is just a tough delivery system for featuring/highlighting an event that people will read.

I think WG just couldnt handle all the negativity on the normal forum, and people on discord dont even care

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

There is the sentiment that some don't like CVs whether they are reworked or old style &, then, there's the sentiment about 'Flubs' (I won't miss those either 😁). 

I am not good playing subs or the rework CVs (was pretty good with RTS CVs in limited action), so I don't play either in Randoms.  I pretty much only play either of them, in Co-op, on weekends to try to get our clan some Naval Battle stars.

4 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I appreciated the anonymous nature of the contest.  I think it does tend to encourage participation, since you don't know what's what, just turn in your top scores and hope for the best.  Exciting!  Maybe some folks assumed that their scores might not have been competitive and so did not submit, but perhaps they will next time.  The random draw should encourage that too.

Me too.

I pretty much assumed a 100k damage amount for that tier and kept track of my best results that were over that.

I don't like seeing others results, as that discourages folks from participating.

I didn't actually expect to win or even get close...plus my CV game wasn't actually that impressive for me at tier 8...but that randomness is what makes things fun.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I thought my submarine damage was disgrace how low it was,almost didnt submit, then I found out I was second in damage , funny..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I thought my submarine damage was disgrace how low it was, almost didnt submit, then I found out I was second in damage, funny..

image.png.9206ac474db666421bc5f5c74c7861b5.png sometimes things just work out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I think WG just couldnt handle all the negativity on the normal forum, and people on discord dont even care

It was more like WG couldn't handle 'continuous justified criticism' to their increasingly (& still increasing) horrid alterations to WoWS on their own forum. 🙈🙉🙊

• Like 1

@Wolfswetpaws on the Confusion

I could have worded myself more extensively.

My point was, that I didn't expect to do nearly as well as I did & was frustrated over not reaching my own records.

Basically I thought the competition would be much fiercer and higher damage numbers.

...I kept having full human matches where I was top or mid tier, or just having poor spawns & thus felt the whole time I'd be lucky to nab 3rd spot in Cruisers

BBs I felt confident tho...

CV entry was just ~an attempt was made, got lucky, didn't touch them again~

Turns out I was Negative Nanny to myself 

Edited by aleksi111
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

@Wolfswetpaws on the Confusion

I could have worded myself more extensively.

My point was, that I didn't expect to do nearly as well as I did & was frustrated over not reaching my own records.

Basically I thought the competition would be much fiercer and higher damage numbers.

...I kept having full human matches where I was top or mid tier, or just having poor spawns & thus felt the whole time I'd be lucky to nab 3rd spot in Cruisers

BBs I felt confident tho...

CV entry was just ~an attempt was made, got lucky, didn't touch them again~

Turns out I was Negative Nanny to myself 

👍

Thanks again for the organizers. I bought a ship with a coupon for the first time since somewhere around the time I started playing this game. I had almost forgot how weirdly expensive those are.

• Like 4

On 10/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, 22 cm said:

Lol, 1 single submission because" why dont I send one" and got me a second place! Thanks to the organizers!

Update, got me a first place (previous first place result did not qualify, I guess?!) and 12.5k gold!

Added another 2.2k gold to the 12.5k gold that I have won, and got a Hildebrand, so it was not entirely free.  For the record, it dropped at the 6th bundle, the one that costs 5.3k gold (6 out of 11).

• Like 1