Kure / Yamato Museum / Etajima IJN Naval Academy (former, Currently JSDF)

xamdam

I live in Hiroshima across the bay from the places listed in the title. I've taken several visitors to some of these places (most often the Yamato Museum) and if my schedule allows, would be willing to assist members here if they have a trip planned. 

A few years ago I traveled around Etajima and viewed the sinking locations of the Tone, Oyodo, Haruna, Amagi (CV), Ise and Aoba. The Tone has a small museum also, with a few artifacts and photos available for viewing.

The Naval Academy has a large museum but is almost entirely in Japanese (at least the last time I was there). It's still fascinating and has countless artifacts (including an intact Mutsu turret that was replaced in a refit before the ship self-destructed). Since it's an active military installation, visitation dates and times are limited.

I guess PM would be the best way to communicate if you would like me to assist and we can go from there.

• Thanks 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.