North Sea Hijack - Movie of the Month October 2024

Admiral_Karasu

Movie of the Month for October 2024

North Sea Hijack

Try having the movie watched by the first weekend or so, that's SAT/SUN September 5 to 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjA0L5WdK54

Note! Recommended that you use the link to watch the movie in an adjacent tab or new window for ease of reference.

On Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sea_Hijack

And on IMDB:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081809/

Spoiler Warning!

image.jpeg.8c2a3507789bb4c0ee2070c8438b02c9.jpeg

If you have no clue about the movie previously, watch the movie first before going into the discussion.

General discussion of the movie to follow below.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I visited the IMDB page, via the link you provided.  I plan to watch it later.  🙂 

• Like 1

In case anyone else was confused about the title, this film was released in U.S. as ffolkes:

image.jpeg.a2f44c773b7fa98569ecca23bbaf92ae.jpeg

Edited by HamptonRoads
misspelling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

In case anyone else was confused about the title, this film was released in U.S. as Ffolkes:

image.jpeg.a2f44c773b7fa98569ecca23bbaf92ae.jpeg

But it's ffolkes, not Ffolkes.

My basmall "f," although it should be capitalized since it is Roger Moore's character name is Ffolkes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

My basmall "f," although it should be capitalized since it is Roger Moore's character name is Ffolkes.

What! Can't be... I haven't watched the movie recently but I know his character is rather specific about the correct spelling...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What! Can't be... I haven't watche the movie recently but I know his character is rather specific about the correct spelling...

You are correct.  I just looked it up on IMDB and it is ffolkes.

• Like 1

Just now, HamptonRoads said:

You are correct.  I just looked it up on IMDB and it is ffolkes.  

edited original post.

Interesting movie, I wonder what the reaction of the SBS was at the time to having civilians portrayed as having to do their job?

• Like 1

On 9/30/2024 at 6:46 PM, DDG44_Vet said:

Interesting movie, I wonder what the reaction of the SBS was at the time to having civilians portrayed as having to do their job?

Best guess is that they probably didn't care.  Roger Moore was James Bond at the time, so I'm sure many of them wrote it off as over-the-top work of fiction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Best guess is that they probably didn't care.  Roger Moore was James Bond at the time, so I'm sure many of them wrote it off as over-the-top work of fiction.

Not to mention the fact that Roger Moore played a Scotsman in this movie.

• Like 1

Great pick, haven't seen this movie in ages, but i remember it fondly. Roger Moore gave an impressive performance in this movie.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Great pick, haven't seen this movie in ages, but i remember it fondly. Roger Moore gave an impressive performance in this movie.

I believe that at the time Roger Moore was trying to break his suave playboy type-cast (James Bond/Simon Templar.)  Similarly, Anthony Perkins was trying to break the Norman Bates image.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I believe that at the time Roger Moore was trying to break his suave playboy type-cast (James Bond/Simon Templar.)  Similarly, Anthony Perkins was trying to break the Norman Bates image.

Well, Anthony Perkins sort of failed, as he played Norman Bates in three Psycho rehashes after this movie. Roger Moore, of course, also similarly returned to the role of James Bond three times after playing ffolkes. Still, I think both of them did fairly well in this movie.

• Like 1

The clothes everyone in this movie was wearing was straight out of GQ, Gentleman's Quarterly.  These were upper-class folks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

The clothes everyone in this movie was wearing was straight out of GQ, Gentleman's Quarterly.  These were upper-class folks.

Huh? To me they looked pretty normal. Well, apart from ffolkes who seemed to have Edwardian affectations.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.