temp chat ban

TheGreatishka

I got a temporary chat ban in wows until the 27th so I can't respond to anyone in game.

I got mad at a DD in ranked who cost us the game and I told the reds where he was hiding.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, TheGreatishka said:

I got a temporary chat ban in wows until the 27th so I can't respond to anyone in game.

I got mad at a DD in ranked who cost us the game and I told the reds where he was hiding.

"Temper, Temper".  😉 

Thanks for sharing, so that we will be able to know you can't chat and not think you are being impolite with your silence.  🙂  

• Haha 1

Damn it Man, LMAO!!

Another great reason to be in our Forums and TeamSpeak servers.

Silence may be golden but what is the fun in that? Call it like u see it man!

I didn't even know they could Do that.. At least you have a way around it in Here and on TS.

Also, thanks for letting the rest of us know that can happen. I guess they Do take notice of Reporting on someone.

Question:  While in Chat ban, were you able to read the Msg Board and what people type to you in private?

Edited by Shark_1K5

15 minutes ago, Shark_1K5 said:

I didn't even know they could Do that.. At least you have a way around it in Here and on TS.

Also, thanks for letting the rest of us know that can happen. I guess they Do take notice of Reporting on someone.

Question:  While in Chat ban, were you able to read the Msg Board and what people type to you in private?

I just sent a test-message to your port-chat.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Shark_1K5 said:

Telling the reds where one of your ships is = collusion. In game reporting does nothing. Someone raised a customer support ticket and reported you for colluding. No doubt the player who was hiding was not afk and reported you. I am on that players side - do NOT tell the reds where one of your ships is on the map. It's a clear violation of the TOS. You are lucky you only got a chat ban and not a game ban (temporary or permanent). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Telling the reds where one of your ships is = collusion. In game reporting does nothing. Someone raised a customer support ticket and reported you for colluding. No doubt the player who was hiding was not afk and reported them. I am on that players side - do NOT tell the reds where one of your ships is on the map. It's a clear violation of the TOS. The OP is lucky they only got a chat ban and not a game ban (temporary or permanent). 

doh. This was supposed to be an edit on the above post. I blame fat fingers and brain damage for this whatever post.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I just sent a test-message to your port-chat.

Where are you referring too? In game port chat, not likely.. Nothing in TeamSpeak server. so.. Where?

Edited by Shark_1K5

5 minutes ago, Shark_1K5 said:

Where are you referring too? In game port chat, not likely.. Nothing in TeamSpeak server. so.. Where?

Check the lower left corner of your port screen.  Wolf's name should pop up.  If you open the tab, there should be a text message for you.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Shark_1K5 said:

5 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Check the lower left corner of your port screen.  Wolf's name should pop up.  If you open the tab, there should be a text message for you.

Correct.  Unless, of course, the chat-ban affects his port-chat, too.
Which is why I sent a test message.

Edited to add:  Some relevant reading material from the wiki.  
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Port#Chat_Interface  

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Telling the reds where one of your ships is = collusion. In game reporting does nothing. Someone raised a customer support ticket and reported you for colluding. No doubt the player who was hiding was not afk and reported you. I am on that players side - do NOT tell the reds where one of your ships is on the map. It's a clear violation of the TOS. You are lucky you only got a chat ban and not a game ban (temporary or permanent). 

he wasn't afk, he thought he would get out spotted by a Collinwood in open water... me and another player were all caps yelling at him to spot it so we could kill it and he refused to budge. we lost because of the timer he failed to see.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shark_1K5 said:

Okay, I was in another account in Wows is why I did not see this. I have it now.

8 hours ago, TheGreatishka said:

I saw it but couldn't respond.

Well.  That experiment provided us with some useful information.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TheGreatishka said:

he wasn't afk, he thought he would get out spotted by a Collinwood in open water... me and another player were all caps yelling at him to spot it so we could kill it and he refused to budge. we lost because of the timer he failed to see.

Read my comment again - I already said he was NOT afk. He reported you for colluding with the enemy.

The fact you are doubling down is even worse. A clear violation of TOS. Deserves a week game ban in my opinion.

If you were a member of my clan, and I saw this thread, I would boot you for bringing my clan into disrepute. Colluding with the enemies is a huge no no.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain

On 9/25/2024 at 8:21 PM, TheGreatishka said:

I told the reds where he was hiding.

As @UnderTheRadarAgain has pointed out, more than once, telling the red-team the location of any of your green-team players is a violation of the game rules/TOS/EULA.

It is unsporting conduct, at the very least.

https://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/EULA  
https://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/game-rules-wows/  

Game and Clan Rules for World of Warships

5. Inappropriate conduct in game / Fair play principles
5.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle or voice chat or through any other communication tool about the location of ships belonging to players of the same team.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.