I promoted a Commander, but the automated response was that the commander was "Removed"

Wolfswetpaws

Below is a quote of my Customer Service "Ticket" message.

Ticket ID 146629511: Game portal and forum

"I promoted a Commander (French Commander for my CV, the Bearn) from 13 skill points to 17 skill points.
After clicking to promote the Commander, the game response was to indicate the Commander was "Removed".
I suspect the incorrect wording was somehow placed into the automated programmed responses.
The actual promotion of the commander was indicated by the new amount of (17) skill points.
But, the Commander was PROMOTED, not REMOVED.
Thus, the game has a "technical issue" or bug.
I'm writing to make you aware of this situation.
Thank you for your efforts to resolve this an improve the game to meet paying customer's expectations. :-)"

image_2024-09-18_113352595.thumb.png.62d8fcc8097c6b032e41079970e3d126.png  

• Like 2

Odd. Most odd.

I would say "Didn't have this problem last time I promoted somebody", which was recently, but the somebody in question was a legendary commander whose sacking is blocked, so the comparison may not be entirely valid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Odd. Most odd.

I would say "Didn't have this problem last time I promoted somebody", which was recently, but the somebody in question was a legendary commander whose sacking is blocked, so the comparison may not be entirely valid.

Odd, indeed.
Hence my creation of a 'ticket'.
First time I've seen this, too.

Try again with a trash zero point commander and promote him to one point. If he gets sacked again, there's a major problem.

• Like 1

It’s a known UI bug this patch. The commander gets promoted not removed, but the text somehow got messed up. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It’s a known UI bug this patch.

Thanks for the information, but I have to say it was unknown to me 🤣.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Try again with a trash zero point commander and promote him to one point. If he gets sacked again, there's a major problem.

As you suspected, the phenomena is repeatable.
image_2024-09-18_122608017.png.d6ca752c08a0580389cc2156d4a15d3a.png  

24 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It’s a known UI bug this patch. The commander gets promoted not removed, but the text somehow got messed up. 

Thanks for letting us know.

17 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Thanks for the information, but I have to say it was unknown to me 🤣.

Likewise.  

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

29 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

In that case, Wolfie should be able to find Rene Jobert in his port.

<Activate newscaster mode.> So it's over to you, Wolf; is he there or not? </newscaster>

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

In that case, Wolfie should be able to find Rene Jobert in his port.

<Activate newscaster mode.> So it's over to you, Wolf; is he there or not? </newscaster>

It's a "bug", as @MidnightPhoenix07 described. 
The correct wording was somehow substituted.
But the Commander is not dismissed, is not removed from being the Captain of the ship in question and is promoted.
But the verbage is wrong.

giphy.gif  

I received a reply to my "ticket".
To my knowledge, I wasn't notified the ticket was answered (4 days ago).
But I was notified via an email that I was being offered a survey to give my opinion of how well they resolved my ticket, today.
Moving along.

Enclosed is the text of their reply to my ticket, which is now in a "closed" status.

ID 146629511: Game portal and forum
Matt Abnett
Created 4 days ago
Closed
Hello Commander,
Thank you for contacting customer service. I appreciate the time and effort that you spent on creating a ticket regarding this matter!

Our developers are aware of this issue and are looking into solving it.

I know this can be frustrating however we are working to rectify this problem as fast as we can.

We apologize for any inconvenience that was caused by this situation and appreciate your feedback.

Should you have any other issues, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Best regards,

Screenshot, cropped and reduced in size to reduce storage.
image_2024-09-23_095728253.png.522f24cf47760608d5c1ab1056ea44d7.png  

This might be something that WG/WOWs personnel consider "closed" because they're aware of it and working on it.
But, from my perspective, the situation isn't resolved or "case closed" until the programming bugs have been fixed.

• Thanks 1