again it looks like...

derf

weegee does not play it's own game

WorldofWarships9_18_20247_18_04AM.thumb.jpg.9db5103b08e45c8b3321accd84e7640f.jpg

you can go days without shooting down a single plane with those [expletives deleted]

and to top if off, the usual "Oh, you're in Ops?, only half count"   -  MORE THAN HALF THE OPS DON'T EVEN HAVE AIRCRAFT TO SHOOT DOWN

rant over

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 1

This is especially 'fun' when you have these linear progress missions. Not so bad with something like the Dockyard missions. Now, obviously either WG does not play their game, does not care, or they are doing this on purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, derf said:

and to top if off, the usual "Oh, you're in Ops?, only half count"   -  MORE THAN HALF THE OPS DON'T EVEN HAVE AIRCRAFT TO SHOOT DOWN

Yeah, it is a stupidly designed Dockyard Combat Mission.

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Now, obviously either WG does not play their game, does not care, or they are doing this on purpose.

Based on what they've done in the past, I am more than inclined to say they did this on purpose.

• Like 4

I’m planning on playing a few Coop battles over the course of the patch in Yorktown/Enterprise to easily farm those ribbons.

1 hour ago, derf said:

WorldofWarships9_18_20247_18_04AM.thumb.jpg.9db5103b08e45c8b3321accd84e7640f.jpg

you can go days without shooting down a single plane with those [expletives deleted]

rant over

I'm currently at 50 out of 85 aircraft to be shot-down.  🙂 

image_2024-09-18_115243229.png.f617f93d8ca1ac1cd87ed714862d73dc.png  

I sail CV's into Co-op and charge towards the red-team's CV.
While steaming at full-speed to get within brawling range, I perform aerial attacks with my squadrons while my hull's secondary battery guns score hits on ships of opportunity.  🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, derf said:

rant over

Oh no, "they" play the game. Thing is:

1) "They" don't choose to limit themselves to a game mode that's going to limit their access to airplanes to shoot down.

2) "They" aren't going to be shy about taking carriers into battle, or divisioning with players who take carriers, so that they can ensure their access to aircraft targets.

3) "They" aren't going to be shy about taking submarines into battle to pick up the ridiculously small number of ribbons per day that are necessary in that category. 

4) "They" aren't going to be shy about taking ships, or combinations of ships in division, that some might regard as 'toxic'. 

In short, "They" don't tie their hands behind their backs with strategic or ideological rope that stands in the way of achieving their stated goals. 

The goal is the ship. Do you want the ship? Do what's necessary to win it efficiently.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Thanks 2
  • Bored 5

Shooting down plane missions is best done in co-op while driving your own CV. The enemy strike aircraft don't dodge fighters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Oh no, "they" play the game. Thing is:

1) "They" don't choose to limit themselves to a game mode that's going to limit their access to airplanes to shoot down.

2) "They" aren't going to be shy about taking carriers into battle, or divisioning with players who take carriers, so that they can ensure their access to aircraft targets.

3) "They" aren't going to be shy about taking submarines into battle to pick up the ridiculously small number of ribbons per day that are necessary in that category. 

4) "They" aren't going to be shy about taking ships, or combinations of ships in division, that some might regard as 'toxic'. 

In short, "They" don't tie their hands behind their backs with strategic or ideological rope that stands in the way of achieving their stated goals. 

The goal is the ship. Do you want the ship? Do what's necessary to win it efficiently.

yer trippin'

"I" don't wanna play CVs

"I" don't wanna play subs

"I" don't care about shills

I am simply stating that this is an asinine mission considering fighters 

if you want to make this into something else do it alone

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Shooting down plane missions is best done in co-op while driving your own CV. The enemy strike aircraft don't dodge fighters.

Yep.  I intend to knock the dust of my Graf Zeppelin so there will be a guaranteed carrier for my co-op buddies.  I will also drive her into the nearest cap and let her secondaries go to work.  😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Captain Slattery said:

Yep.  I intend to knock the dust of my Graf Zeppelin so there will be a guaranteed carrier for my co-op buddies.  I will also drive her into the nearest cap and let her secondaries go to work.  😎

I do that with every CV I own.

It's co-op, as long as your team is all human players, the enemy bots won't survive long enough to sink you. It's full speed ahead from the moment the timer starts.

• Like 2

You can try to div with someone who plays CVs (or hybrids in a pinch.)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The enemy strike aircraft don't dodge fighters.

They will alter course to fly around a dropped cap, not always successfully, but yeah, their ability to mitigate CV-bound fighters or ship AA is pretty much zip.

OK  - MY BAD

I thought it was a "shot down by fighters" only mission  < turns deep red >

after looking at Wolfie's post i went back and looked at the missions again

BUT  i stand by the concept that limiting aircraft destruction to half in ops is stupid

sorry for the uproar all

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, derf said:

OK  - MY BAD

I thought it was a "shot down by fighters" only mission  < turns deep red >

after looking at Wolfie's post i went back and looked at the missions again

BUT  i stand by the concept that limiting aircraft destruction to half in ops is stupid

sorry for the uproar all

?media_id=761743802658744&f=1&nofb=1&ipt  

You're welcome.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, derf said:

It's better than the previous situation of not being able to do combat tasks in operations at all. 

That being said, with operations being so scripted and able to be farmed out by a clued-up division team that knows what it's doing or rampant unicum, I think some sort of scaling was inevitable both as an initial compromise and for the foreseeable future - especially now that superships are in the mix (screenshot with YT link below):

image.thumb.png.e34ddb5de3df909b28ea5317f3300d73.png 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeMbd-Sa44k

So... yeah. Whether or not I agree with them, I can understand why they did what they did, and why they probably won't budge any further.

4 hours ago, derf said:

Oh, you're in Ops?,

I've been playing OPS almost exclusively this patch. There's not one day I don't get múltiple instances of Hermes, Cherry Blossom or Raptor Rescue. For that mission I use Yorktown... Easy +20 plane kills every Match on those OPS. You can also get some plane kills on any Match... Proc the fighter consumable from the CAs and drop an interceptor in range, they'll kill the fighter consumables.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, derf said:

I don't disagree with you here.  Having said that, I'll take the "glass half full" position on this.  Better half than none at all.  WG takes baby steps, that's for sure.

• Like 2

Amusingly enough, this was the first mission I finished today and it was because I was spam playing my Atlanta for the Main Battery Hits & Ribbons missions. The first few games in co-op, got a couple of spotter planes. Then I got into a match where the bot CV decided I needed to die. He kept attacking me, got 35 kills but after that game, no carriers for a while. Then I got one and AGAIN, the bot CV decided my Atlanta should die...... I got all the rest of the plane kills I needed... So in two matches (essentially) got the mission done..  Someone needs to tell the bot carrier AI that Atlantas are not to be trifled with............ 

• Haha 1

*fires up golden lion with AA modules and captain skillz*

We going clubbin in co-op boys

I did it this morning in 5 Co-op games. 2 didn't have a CV and in the other 3 there was and I finished. I went straight for the CV and ignored everything else so I got out back and in between the CV and everyone else so the planes were mine. It was the 1st tasks I completed.

I don't think this is a case of WG not playing their own game. Plane kills for missions is not new nor especially hard. Now, if WG implements these new CV changes that are being tested that make it almost impossible for a CV to spot, and then continues to have spotting damage tasks for CV's, I will say that is them not playing their own game. Plane kills though? Nah.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1