Expedition to the North Pole event.

Colonel Potter

I just finished the "Vanished Battleship" mission-chain, in the Expedition to the North Pole event.  🙂 

6 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

It boosts even more not learning to play a line until 10. So people just take tier 10 which they have no clue how to play since they skipped 9 tiers and they have less then 40% win rating, similar to these early access events.

While this is true , I think it is sad that considering WOWS is a mature game that many does the worst intepretation possible by those events. First we need new players, that has in itself drawbacks but we need those as well.

But the main benefit for events like these are for players that have come a bit into their journey and have a few tech trees filled. The number of ships are so massive now so to get a line as a reward if I were a player with a few thousand games under a belt is nothing to be scoffed at, especially for credit starved F2P players.

For me with nearly every all tech trees at T10 except the new French and obvious the Latin Am ships, it is of less concern, but I happy take a few Santa crates by just playing the game, the missions will be completed in background.

• Like 3

this is a journey to the north, so the scale should be read from the south and up to the north pole))

How ironic ... I've been grinding up that line with the intention of getting the Schlieffen ... currently I'm on the Rupprecht.

Hopefully something else that's worthwhile will be available

12 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Hopefully something else that's worthwhile will be available

From innitial article:

image.thumb.png.bb05923d0f530314984710b8870d6ae4.png

...Haven't been able to find that separate article 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That makes two of us.

dont they have that annoying habit that they post news about events days after the event has started

Edited by Wulf_Ace

32 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

dont they have that annoying habit that they post news about events days after the event has started

Yes.  It seems to be a habit and it is annoying.

20 minutes ago, aleksi111 said:

Yes

On some rare occasions several days

+1

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yes.  It seems to be a habit and it is annoying.

+1

Gosh, I just read this entire thread and........sigh.  [head pounding emoji]

Now, I'm going to go back to the game and re-read everything again.......cause heck,...... I don't know why>?!  Like that will make it all better.......oy vey !

I wonder if this entire conflicted mess is just a  'cultural issue'  we are dealing with....???  I've seen a lot of very good processes get completely discombobulated because of the culture they were fielded in is radically different than the one that was where the creation started !   This is worse than explaining the Toyota Manufacturing System to Americans....  That will make you pull your hair out....  Oy Vey, what a mess.

If not culture.......[add a causation that meets your frustration level] .....

3 minutes ago, Asym said:

Gosh, I just read this entire thread and........sigh.  [head pounding emoji]

Now, I'm going to go back to the game and re-read everything again.......cause heck,...... I don't know why>?!  Like that will make it all better.......oy vey !

I wonder if this entire conflicted mess is just a  'cultural issue'  we are dealing with....???  I've seen a lot of very good processes get completely discombobulated because of the culture they were fielded in is radically different than the one that was where the creation started !   This is worse than explaining the Toyota Manufacturing System to Americans....  That will make you pull your hair out....  Oy Vey, what a mess.

If not culture.......[add a causation that meets your frustration level] .....

Well, another article was published, this morning, on the WOWs NA website.
Might be the one referenced in the first article.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/expedition-to-the-north-pole-our-journey-to-the-new-year/  

Expedition to the North Pole: Our Journey to the New Year!
Less than an hour ago
Start preparing your New Year's gift now! This adventure could bring you a Tier VIII or X ship, Santa's Gift containers, and permanent camouflages.

Li Wei
Captain, are you ready for a maritime voyage?

"A true sailor is always ready," you reply, and you're absolutely right. But it's not just Navy sailors who spend months at sea; the same goes for maritime explorers. Meet naval historian Li Wei and marine explorer Olaf Lundgren, who are about to embark on an expedition in search of a ship that vanished in the ice under mysterious circumstances. We invite you to follow our heroes on this adventure and help them see it through to its conclusion. After all, you’re probably curious whether they’ll find their ship. We sure are!

In this event you’ll be able to complete chains of combat missions to earn Expedition Tokens. As you accumulate them, you’ll reach milestones and uncover letters between Li Wei and Olaf that reveal the story of their exciting journey. These milestones will also bring you valuable rewards, including a number of Santa's Gift containers and new festive permanent camouflages for Tier VIII and X ships. You’ll even be able to find a ship of your own, though its tier will depend on your progress.
Track it on the page below or in a special category in the Armory!
472ebe30-7062-11ef-be5e-b49691e6ead0.jpg 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Why do you consider T8-T10 tech tree ships a joke?

I read this and my immediate thought was the TT lines are a 1970's Dodge Pickup truck and the Premium ships are 2024 Corvettes...  Not that this analogy is true;  but,........perception is reality.

Of course, like you I have the time and resources to play a lot !  And, I don't have all of the ships but I do have almost 450 of them and that, makes it a lot easier to "have a ship that matches the event requirements...."  i.e.  start fires:  Smolensk etc.

And, I agree......this isn't that tough of an adventure.......

You will be able to claim all rewards from this event on December 1.

...I do hope this isn't some 24h use it or lose it kinda deal

• Like 1

Yeah that article seems to state that the last round is just for catch up if needed, or so you can get the t10 ship if you missed the previous ones.

38 minutes ago, Darlith said:

Yeah that article seems to state that the last round is just for catch up if needed, or so you can get the t10 ship if you missed the previous ones.

Yep, all awards seems to require reaching 10k tokens milestone. While up until the last round it's possible to earn 10k tokens 

Screencap for your viewing pleasure:

image.thumb.png.b9a593f229d6340cc3e7f13187f0bf78.png

So it looks as though that fourth, intensive mission really is no more than a catch-up for those who missed some or all of the rest, and if you do everything else you can drop it.

Knowing what the other ships are is what's piquing my curiosity. I have several grind targets on the boil right now, all due to finish on December 31; but if any one of those is on that list, it's going to finish a month early by force.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu