Expedition to the North Pole event.

Colonel Potter

Read about the event. Notice you can choose the Schlieffen as one of the ships if you manage to get 7,500 Expedition Tokens by the end of the event. I think there will be a lot more Schlieffens in game after December 1st, lol.

It doesn't look difficult to do that after looking at the missions and there is an extended time to do each set of missions, so that probably means a lot of players with no tier X experience getting fresh new tier Xs to play with. Seems to be all Tech Tree stuff, nothing fancy. 

Anyway, just thinking about the compensation since I have almost all of the tier X tech tree ships. Probably be something like 3 million credits, lol. Even though the ships sell for way more if you decide to sell them.

EXPEDITION TO THE NORTH POLE

Features

Dive into the exciting story of a naval historian and an underwater explorer as they plan an expedition to solve the mystery of a lost battleship!

Fill in the progress bar to obtain valuable rewards, including Santa's Gift containers, a Tier VIII or Tier X ship, and a new festive permanent camouflage for Tier X ships.

You will be able to claim your rewards starting from December 1.

Expedition Tokens

Complete special combat missions that will reward you with Expedition Tokens to fill up the progress bar.

Updates 13.8 and 13.9 can bring you a maximum of 2,500 Expedition Tokens each. Update 13.10 will offer up to 5,000 Tokens. Finally, during the last days of the event in Update 13.11, you can obtain up to 7,500 Expedition Tokens.

The sooner you start your path, the more chances you'll have to reach the ultimate reward!

Guaranteed Reward

Come back to the game on December 1 to claim one of five Tier VIII ships, including VIII North Carolina, as a gift. The list of Tier VIII ships to choose from will become available on December 1.

You can upgrade your gift to a Tier X ship. Earn 7,500 Expedition Tokens to choose one of five Tier X ships from the list, including famous X Schlieffen.

If you already have the ship that you have claimed, you will receive compensation.

Edited by Colonel Potter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

Read about the event. Notice you can choose the Schlieffen as one of the ships if you manage to get 7,500 Expedition Tokens by the end of the event. I think there will be a lot more Schlieffens in game after December 1st, lol.

It doesn't look difficult to do that after looking at the missions and there is an extended time to do each set of missions, so that probably means a lot of players with no tier X experience getting fresh new tier Xs to play with. Seems to be all Tech Tree stuff, nothing fancy. 

Anyway, just thinking about the compensation since I have almost all of the tier X tech tree ships. Probably be something like 3 million credits, lol. Even though the ships sell for way more if you decide to sell them.

EXPEDITION TO THE NORTH POLE

Features

Dive into the exciting story of a naval historian and an underwater explorer as they plan an expedition to solve the mystery of a lost battleship!

Fill in the progress bar to obtain valuable rewards, including Santa's Gift containers, a Tier VIII or Tier X ship, and a new festive permanent camouflage for Tier X ships.

You will be able to claim your rewards starting from December 1.

Expedition Tokens

Complete special combat missions that will reward you with Expedition Tokens to fill up the progress bar.

Updates 13.8 and 13.9 can bring you a maximum of 2,500 Expedition Tokens each. Update 13.10 will offer up to 5,000 Tokens. Finally, during the last days of the event in Update 13.11, you can obtain up to 7,500 Expedition Tokens.

The sooner you start your path, the more chances you'll have to reach the ultimate reward!

Guaranteed Reward

Come back to the game on December 1 to claim one of five Tier VIII ships, including VIII North Carolina, as a gift. The list of Tier VIII ships to choose from will become available on December 1.

You can upgrade your gift to a Tier X ship. Earn 7,500 Expedition Tokens to choose one of five Tier X ships from the list, including famous X Schlieffen.

If you already have the ship that you have claimed, you will receive compensation.

Is this a joke event? tech tree ships as rewards?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Copy and pasted from the Event page info in the Armory, so evidently not.

5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

It's not a joke as a reward. Don't forget that WG also gave away Bismarck or the Yamato to accounts that had not been active for six months or longer.  So it's not outside the playbook to hand out tech tree ships.

• Like 4

My first Christmas event had six tier-6 tech tree ships as rewards.  At the time, I was really excited about that (I was still new to the game.)

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Why do you consider T8-T10 tech tree ships a joke? The amount of grind and resources that would save someone who doesn't have said ships is massive. There is also a lot of other goodies to be had like Santa crates too. I suspect compensation for those like me who have all the ships will be pitiful as usual but for those who aren't and don't have the ships it will be a pretty good reward (IMHOA).

Everything doesn't have to be OP Premium ships and worth a ton of real $$$ to actually be a decent reward.

EDIT - let me add this after going and looking at the missions. Other than a couple lengthy BXP ones the missions are extremely easy. I finished 2 of the 3 missions for this update in a single game. It will take like 2 more and I will be done with it for this update. They get longer and harder as you move forward but you get an entire month to do the missions for that specific update. Easy doesn't describe it. Frankly from what I see for mission tasks and what the rewards are this is extremely generous. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

The missions seem fairly tame, and I don't find a tech tree TX a joke reward at all  - unless the joke is on me and I already have all five. :classic_laugh:

I have Schlieffen (stated) and Monty (high probability due to NC and being "basic"). Anyone recognize the other two ships in the Armory header?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

My first Christmas event had six tier-6 tech tree ships as rewards.  At the time, I was really excited about that (I was still new to the game.)

Same. I was pleased because getting the QE meant I had the direct stepping-stone to the KGV.

• Like 2

IMPACTFORCE + Expedition to the North Pole Event massively benefits the new player.

49 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

It doesn't look difficult to do that after looking at the missions and there is an extended time to do each set of missions, so that probably means a lot of players with no tier X experience getting fresh new tier Xs to play with.

Looking forward to seeing what those are when I get home this evening.

1 minute ago, Tricericon said:

unless the joke is on me and I already have all five. :classic_laugh:

That'll probably be me as well, with my luck. I'm sure it will be the normal credits compensation if we have all of them, which is better than nothing I guess. 

But hopefully at least one of the five I won't have (and isn't one of the lines I'm probably going to be finishing by December anyway). There are options for me (right now I have ~20 Tier Xs not researched, but 6-7 of those are almost finished), but not that many unless one of the ships is a CV or sub. 

17 minutes ago, Tricericon said:

Anyone recognize the other two ships in the Armory header

Akizuki on the right and Harbin on the left 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This patch: 200k credits, 200 ribbons, 20k xp

13.9: 50k damage, 2250 free xp, 5k base xp

13.10: 4k commander xp, 200 main or secondary hits, 1.25 million credits, 725k damage, 50k base xp

13.11: 15k xp, 800 ribbons, 90k commander xp, 7.3 million credits, 40k base xp

The first three sets will probably finish early with just normal playing and grinding. The first two could be done in a single day, and the base xp in 13.10 shouldn't be more than a week or two.

The 13.11 missions will probably be a grind though, since we'll only have 4 days to do it and it's over Thanksgiving weekend.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

0.13.8:

• 200,000 Credits
  • 200 Ribbons
  • 20,000 XP

0.13.9:

• 50,000 HP Damage
  • 2250 FXP
  • 5000 BXP

0.13.10:

• 4000 CXP
  • 200 Main Battery/Secondary Hits
  • 1,250,000 Credits
  • 725,000 Damage
  • 20,000 BXP

0.13.11:

• 15,000 XP
  • 800 Ribbons
  • 90,000 CXP
  • 7,300,000 Credits
  • 40,000 BXP
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Akizuki on the right and Harbin on the left 

Harugumo and Harbin aren't the top ships on my list, but I don't have either so I take that as a promising sign. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

This patch: 200k credits, 200 ribbons, 20k xp

13.9: 50k damage, 2250 free xp, 5k base xp

13.10: 4k commander xp, 200 main or secondary hits, 1.25 million credits, 725k damage, 50k base xp

13.11: 15k xp, 800 ribbons, 90k commander xp, 7.3 million credits, 40k base xp

The first three sets will probably finish early with just normal playing and grinding. The first two could be done in a single day, and the base xp in 13.10 shouldn't be more than a week or two.

The 13.11 missions will probably be a grind though, since we'll only have 4 days to do it and it's over Thanksgiving weekend.

And total rewards (cumulative progress):

1k tokens: 1 Santa’s gift container (probably the small ones)

2500 tokens: “New” festive permacamo for t10 (which looks like it’s probably just another of the festive linkable ones from previous years)

5k tokens: 2x Santa’s gift containers

7500 tokens: t10 ship

10k tokens: 3x Santa’s gift containers 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

If all I get out of that grind is a Tier 10 tech-tree ship, I'll be inclined to let it go.

Thanks for posting the list.

EDIT: ETA Ninja'd, but still, for only three Santa's Gift containers and with a port full of every banned ship I ever wanted and a few I wasn't even after, I'm still inclined to let it go.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

If all I get out of that grind is a Tier 10 tech-tree ship, I'll be inclined to let it go.

I'm with you, I don't foresee myself doing that much BXP in that time. Pushing burnout territory levels there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darlith said:

I don't foresee myself doing that much BXP in that time. Pushing burnout territory levels there.

Some people will do anything for the chance of a banned ship from a Santa crate. And you can be sure that there are people who will have that time to themselves and nothing better to do with it. 40K base XP with blue boosters stuck on top of it is an additional 800% stuck on top of your BXP gains, i.e. ship XP = 9X the base XP, and if you have Premium time then it's 1.65X boost to start with, so 40,000 x 1.65 x 9 or 594,000 ship XP, and if you can afford to use that many red boosters... well, you're making it to T10 already with that.

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

EDIT: ETA Ninja'd, but still, for only three Santa's Gift containers and with a port full of every banned ship I ever wanted and a few I wasn't even after, I'm still inclined to let it go.

The announcement article made it seem like you’ll need a lot of grinding to get the t10 instead of a t8. But the reward chain is cumulative (in game it says “your progress: 0 of 10,000”), so you only need 10k total tokens to get everything. 

The first three mission sets give 10k tokens, which would be enough to do that. The last one is another 7,500 in the first four days of 13.11. 

The 7,500 in the last patch is probably just a “if you haven’t played at all, you can still get the t10 if you grind really hard” reward. In which case, as long as you play during 13.7-13.10, you don’t even need to worry about a tough grind at the end. Play normally, and collect your t10 tech tree ship or credit compensation, and Santa crates.

Unless I’m really misunderstanding the rewards chain and how you’re going to earn progress. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

1 minute ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Unless I’m really misunderstanding the rewards chain and how you’re going to earn progress. 

Let me have a look at it in-game tonight and I'll see if my supposedly superior understanding of Wargaming-ese 😆 can clarify things.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

But the reward chain is cumulative (in game it says “your progress: 0 of 10,000”), so you only need 10k total tokens to get everything. 

My reading of the situation differs.

Looking at it in the Armory, the first milestone is 10K. That's three Santa crates and a T8 ship.

The next milestone is 7500 and that's a T10 ship.

There are milestones AFTER THAT of 5000 (2 Santa crates), 2500 (a T10 festive permaskin) and 1000 tokens (1 Santa crate).

To get all of that needs another 16,000 tokens after the first 10K. Where all of those are going to come from, I do not know. The first 7500 are from the short mega grind, but the rest? Perhaps unannounced missions, perhaps container$?

I will have to see in-game.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Let me have a look at it in-game tonight and I'll see if my supposedly superior understanding of Wargaming-ese 😆 can clarify things.

I’ve been reading Wargaming-ese for way too long too, but to be fair my dictionary isn’t brand new like some are. Maybe “your progress” and “milestone” have new meanings since it was published.

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My reading of the situation differs.

Looking at it in the Armory, the first milestone is 10K. That's three Santa crates and a T8 ship.

The next milestone is 7500 and that's a T10 ship.

There are milestones AFTER THAT of 5000 (2 Santa crates), 2500 (a T10 festive permaskin) and 1000 tokens (1 Santa crate).

To get all of that needs another 16,000 tokens after the first 10K. Where all of those are going to come from, I do not know. The first 7500 are from the short mega grind, but the rest? Perhaps unannounced missions, perhaps container$?

I will have to see in-game.

I think it's meant to be read bottom to top.

• Like 2