Half Price Ship Upgrades Starts 13th September

Taylor3006

12 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I also spent ~25mil on ship upgrades.  I was surprised at the number of ships that I hadn't fitted out yet.

I made a list a long time ago. It’s rather long. Knocked a few ships off it after I made it, but it’s gotta be even longer now.

Found it:29 ships on the list,

Four marked as fitted out

Three T10s remain, one supership, several T8s.

Looks to be a year and a half old…I’ll bet I have more new ships to add than old ones I cleared from it.

• Like 1

...eeer

Help?

I bought upgrades at discount for few ships, and next thing I realize I had paid 6,875million for T9 ship's Upgrades

And looking at another ship without Upgrades, full price ask.

Did I run into a bug, or miss the small print about limited discount uses only?

Edited by aleksi111
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, aleksi111 said:

...eeer

Help?

I bought upgrades at discount for few ships, and next thing I realize I had paid 6,875million for T9 ship's Upgrades

And looking at another ship without Upgrades, full price ask.

Did I run into a bug, or miss the small print about limited discount uses only?

I didn't see the discounts available this morning on my EU account this morning.  I did see the discounts on the NA account, but I wasn't paying the closest attention to the price as I was grinding through the process.  I may not have noticed any increase from half-price.

None of the Anniversary Discounts is working for me. Neither do I see the announced 200% bonus on the first daily win.

5 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

On the EU server it starts on the 14th, not the 13th, that's most likely the problem.

Source: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/world-of-warships-9th-anniversary/

Screenshot (15).png

My credits will soon fall a lot. I think I have 20-30 ships to equip in various state. Some of the upgrades I have in store so it is not 30 totally empty ships. Do not forget the subs. It was a rework which took away 1 upgrade and you got credits for it (I think) so if you do like me and have the subs only for flakes /collection now it is the time to re-equip. I will note the discount value when I fill them up, I think it is fun to see how much I save. It is a professional issue as I work as Group Financial Controller.

• Like 1

I have now worked through my ships. The end tally was 52.375.000 Credits = The savings. Not too bad. Now waiting for next one during christmas after the Christmas crates have resulted in new ships hopefully.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

I have now worked through my ships. The end tally was 52.375.000 Credits = The savings. Not too bad. Now waiting for next one during christmas after the Christmas crates have resulted in new ships hopefully.

Nicely done. Do not forget, if you ever get in a bind for credits and need to sell some of the upgrades, you will get back what you bought them for. This is one reason I always go overboard and buy as many as I can fit on my ships. It is also nice if they ever have another "demounting upgrades for free" event which will allow me to remove them all from the ships I don't use, and store them for future use. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Nicely done. Do not forget, if you ever get in a bind for credits and need to sell some of the upgrades, you will get back what you bought them for. This is one reason I always go overboard and buy as many as I can fit on my ships. It is also nice if they ever have another "demounting upgrades for free" event which will allow me to remove them all from the ships I don't use, and store them for future use. 

That is my tactic all the time, if there is a free demount , I take a few lines and superships and demount and then use for the new ships trees. Then rebuy. It is a sport of a kind, I have the credits but the savings is 500.000 Elite XP (roughly).

• Like 2

Fitted out Sicilia, Salmon and Orage. Stocked up on modules for Grozovoi, Jinan, Johann de Witt, Andalucia and Soyuz. Unfortunately for the latter two, Shiratsuyu and Hatsuharu don't have slots 5 and 6 to put those modules into, but the lower ones are at least stashed away at half price.

This will mean that Soyuz will have to wait for her modules for a bit, as I can't reset the IJN gunboats again until after their Christmas snowflakes are cleared, but I'm in no rush to get to Kremlin so that's fine.

Am currently debating which of my T10 tech tree ships I should stick an econ permaboost on, as these are also at discount. I can afford 5.9 of these (LOL) but I really should leave myself some doubloons, so maybe fit out three. Will be spending the rest of this weekend working out WHICH three. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, 44smok said:

Saved 110m. 

Can also be viewed as “Spent 110M.”

Ships that RNG has sent me over the years, go straight to my ghost fleet (unless they’re ships I otherwise wanted), without a dime spent on upgrades.

Example: I just got Ashitkaka from an anniversary SC. It’s hard to justify upgrades (even on sale) when I have: Prinz Heinrich, Sinop, KGV, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Scharnhorst 43, WV44, Nagato, Nelson, Rooke, Renown 44 loaded and ready to go, and also Hood and California in the ghost fleet.

I also didn’t run out and stretch my fleet size to reach the next reward threshold. (I have done it in the past.) So, I don’t have a lot of new ships in port with empty upgrade slots.

i’ve used the sale event to go ahead and buy ships that I had marked for buying anyway, to outfit them cheap, and maybe outfit another one or two recent acquisitions that have been on the back burner for one reason or another.

I don’t know, the writing of this reply has got me to thinking about a change of plan:

Maybe I should review my un-outfitted ships list, and see which ships have half a chance of seeing blue water someday, and springing for upgrades. BUT: likewise give a good hard look at my outfitted ships, honestly admit which ones are in the “never again” category, and sell off their upgrades after this sale period ends, and sell off at least as many as I buy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Can also be viewed as “Spent 110M.”

Ships that RNG has sent me over the years, go straight to my ghost fleet (unless they’re ships I otherwise wanted), without a dime spent on upgrades.

Example: I just got Ashitkaka from an anniversary SC. It’s hard to justify upgrades (even on sale) when I have: Prinz Heinrich, Sinop, KGV, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Scharnhorst 43, WV44, Nagato, Nelson, Rooke, Renown 44 loaded and ready to go, and also Hood and California in the ghost fleet.

I also didn’t run out and stretch my fleet size to reach the next reward threshold. (I have done it in the past.) So, I don’t have a lot of new ships in port with empty upgrade slots.

i’ve used the sale event to go ahead and buy ships that I had marked for buying anyway, to outfit them cheap, and maybe outfit another one or two recent acquisitions that have been on the back burner for one reason or another.

I don’t know, the writing of this reply has got me to thinking about a change of plan:

Maybe I should review my un-outfitted ships list, and see which ships have half a chance of seeing blue water someday, and springing for upgrades. BUT: likewise give a good hard look at my outfitted ships, honestly admit which ones are in the “never again” category, and sell off their upgrades after this sale period ends, and sell off at least as many as I buy.

The good thing about half price upgrade sales is you can sell them back for the same amount of credits you bought them for, assuming you don't sell them during an event like this........  Nothing is lost. 

43 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The good thing about half price upgrade sales is you can sell them back for the same amount of credits you bought them for, assuming you don't sell them during an event like this........  Nothing is lost. 

Well, that’s what my final paragraph said. I can buy them for half price on ships that might see the light of day, but sell them tomorrow on ships that are never going out again.

1 hour ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Well, that’s what my final paragraph said. I can buy them for half price on ships that might see the light of day, but sell them tomorrow on ships that are never going out again.

Ahh ok, didn't quite read it that way.  

I always keep the upgrades on the ships I never use and just wait for a free demounting event. If I run into a credit problem, I can just sell them off the ships but honestly that has never happened. Also when they have the special on demounting using doubloons, that is worthwhile for the really expensive ones IMHO. 5 or 10 doubloons for an upgrade that sells for a million credits seems a good trade off, especially with how many free doubloons are available now. 

Just now, 44smok said:

When was the last free demounting?

It has been a while, I think around the time subs were introduced. Without the old forums, not sure I could tell you better than that. 

I spent/saved? about 68 million.  I've been waiting for this sale to come around.  I could buy quite a few more since we can sell them for what we bought them, but I've been broke my entire time playing this game and finally built up a decent credit balance (a little over 100 million) before the sale.  I don't want to get so low on credits again.  And I probably won't play most of the ships that don't have upgrades anyway.  Hopefully I will be able to get them all outfitted during the next sale or two.

On 9/8/2024 at 7:02 AM, Taylor3006 said:

Just a note in case you heathens didn't read the News section.

Tell me exactly where you found it.  That's right, it's not in the Release Notes; it's in the Anniversary article that otherwise parrots the Release Notes, down toward the bottom next to Arthur Dent's Demolition Notice publicly posted in the 4th filing cabinet in the basement of City Hall.  Old timers know to expect an Upgrade sale. I wonder how many players, if any, just stumbled across it?

I wasn't terribly behind in upgrades, but the sale must have saved me 30-40M Cr. 

Ends at 5AM CST today.

Well, as I write this, the time is Monday morning, 07:57 am, September 16th., 2024.

I'm simply amazed by how many ships are floating around with hull-modules and upgraded equipment awaiting purchase & installation.
Suffice to say, I had no idea, about the predicament that a portion of the player-base was in, until I read this topic.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

When Update 13.2 was released, it offered a 100% discount on demounting upgrades. I demounted all the upgrades of all my ships, and from there re-installed them, but this time, only on ships that I enjoy playing. 

Ships like Alsace, Shimanto, Roon, and all those port queens that I have no intention of playing were stripped of their upgrades. Ships that I regularly play for PVP and PVE, and for Research Reset Bureau (USN CL line), received their upgrades back.

As of now, I still have a lot of upgrades stored in my Inventory, and that discount 6 months ago has resulted to substantial savings on Credits. I no longer have to buy, even if they are at 50% off, unless I run out of upgrades.

If in the future Wargaming offers once again a free demounting of upgrades, I would suggest you also take advantage of it. Given the recent Quality of Life improvement to the way we "deflower" our ships of their Festive Tokens, upgrades mounted on ships rarely used are best demounted and stored in Inventory for future use on ships more worthy to bring to Battle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1