Half Price Ship Upgrades Starts 13th September

Taylor3006

Just a note in case you heathens didn't read the News section. There are the usual Anniversary Discounts on converting doubloons to FXP and stuff like that including half price ship upgrades. Also have the +200% bonus for your first win coming up. Starts the 13th and goes thru the 16th so plan accordingly.  BTW there is also a discount on buying the bonus packages for tech tree ships. I haven't ever noticed that before so there is that if interested. 

EDIT:  Here is a link if you want to check it out:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/world-of-warships-9th-anniversary/#anniversary-discounts

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 18

The full details:

image.thumb.png.594a59d8ea3f0bd5291a852430dcc82e.png

I'm going to hold off on equipping my Salmon, Orage etc. in that case. 

In fact, it's time to go make a list of ALL the ships in my port that are not currently equipped (except the IJN gunboat destroyers; those are permanent Research Bureau fodder now).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Oh yeah, one other thing:

If you are thinking about changing any ship builds, sell the module the night before THEN buy the new one at the same, 50% price the next day!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Really like the 200% first win bonus.  It seems like ages since we had bonus XP for first wins.

• Like 2

Many thanks! I read the news, but either missed or forgot this. Ive already set up my new ships for play, and would not have waited to do so, but some of these discounts will hit the spot. I definitely need a couple Bonus packages. 

Edited by Pugilistic

12 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Really like the 200% first win bonus.  It seems like ages since we had bonus XP for first wins.

I am looking forward to it. Last year we had the same; also during New Year, and in the previous years, if I recall it correctly. I maximize these opportunities as they are a huge CXP/FXP/SXP boost.

Strike while the iron is hot. WG might change their mind and nerf it down to 150%. LOL

2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Just a note in case you heathens didn't read the News section. There are the usual Anniversary Discounts on converting doubloons to FXP and stuff like that including half price ship upgrades. Also have the +200% bonus for your first win coming up. Starts the 13th and goes thru the 16th so plan accordingly.  BTW there is also a discount on buying the bonus packages for tech tree ships. I haven't ever noticed that before so there is that if interested. 

EDIT:  Here is a link if you want to check it out:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/world-of-warships-9th-anniversary/#anniversary-discounts

Many thanks for the PSA.  +1 to you, good sir!

I do, in fact, "read" the news.  I "read" it long enough to find the buttons to press to get free stuff.  🤪

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

In fact, it's time to go make a list of ALL the ships in my port that are not currently equipped (except the IJN gunboat destroyers; those are permanent Research Bureau fodder now).

I started such a list for my T10s a few days ago and stopped after about 20 ships. With 15M credits at the moment I can kit out 4 to 5 of them at a discount. But I might get the Premium battle pass early (meaning before I've completed all 20 steps), since the 3M credits will come in handy.

At least I've now completed all tech ships lines for BBs, CAs and DDs (except the new French DDs), so hopefully my future credit outlay will be more manageable.

I have scores of unequipped ships for which this module discount will be quite useful!

Thanks.  I may need to pick up some/a lot of upgrades.  In the past, when WG let us unmount upgrades for free, I stripped most of my lower tier ships of any of their upgrades.  I tend to semi-regret this decision whenever there are snowflakes/festival points to be scrapped/earned.

On 9/8/2024 at 10:09 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Oh yeah, one other thing:

If you are thinking about changing any ship builds, sell the module the night before THEN buy the new one at the same, 50% price the next day!!!

And that triggers a thought that leads to the obligatory reminder:

Remember everyone, you can’t “stock up” on upgrades; the upgrade system will force you to use an upgrade of a given type that remains in inventory, before you can buy another like it. So, you have to buy one and put it on a ship before you can get another of the same.

On 9/8/2024 at 8:10 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The full details:

image.thumb.png.594a59d8ea3f0bd5291a852430dcc82e.png

I'm going to hold off on equipping my Salmon, Orage etc. in that case. 

Well, consider loading up those DDs with upgrades during the sale anyway:

Loading upgrades onto ships slated not to have any is the ONE WAY to stock up:

When you do your next line reset, they get demounted for free. You don’t even need to buy modules suitable for for those DDs - they can be secondary upgrades, DEF AA Fire; etc. If the upgrades you buy with coal are going on discount, you can even load up on those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

When you do your next line reset, they get demounted for free. You don’t even need to buy modules suitable for for those DDs - they can be secondary upgrades, DEF AA Fire; etc. If the upgrades you buy with coal are going on discount, you can even load up on those.

That is indeed the way, and if during the half year an opportunity to unload the upgrades for free if a rework or similar thing happen do that so you always have upgrades in store. Last time I unloaded upgrades of superships and a few other lines that I do not play, noted them in my playing diary and now I will rebuy them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

That's a very good point, though it has some disadvantages in my case:

1) I won't be resetting my IJN gunboats again until at least Christmas, because I will want to knock the Christmas snowflakes off them first, and that would leave ships waiting for their fit-out. 

2) Some of the modules I know I will be needing are CV or airstrike modules, which I can't get on destroyers. 

3) Most of the ships I will be unlocking are Tier 9 or 10, where the modules it makes most sense to stock up on at half price can't be loaded onto lower tier ships. 

It certainly does make sense for modules I know I will be fitting to most if not all of my ships, though, so I will stock up on those (e.g. main armaments mod 1, rudder/engine protection slot 2, ASM1). 

Conveniently, we should be getting the PTS this weekend, which means I will be able to try before I buy for at least some of the lines.

3 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

what is a Doubloon or other bonus package ? Confused

Thx

I’m assuming you’re asking about the line referencing bonus packages?

You can buy a permanent bonus package for tech tree ships in the game client (the same menu where you equip consumable boosters, on the far left). The cost ranges from 900 doubloons (tier V) to 4800 doubloons (tier X and tier XI as well, IIRC). These are the same permanent bonuses with the orange icons that WG likes to include in battle/event passes (usually a tier VIII package). If you have any of those in your inventory, you will have to equip them before you can purchase any for a ship of the same tier at the discounted price, however (just like with upgrades).

19 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

I will actually load up on slot 6 and perhaps some slot 5 upgrades on my T10s, even on ships that I never play. Paying 25 doubloons (for the dismount) to save 1.5M or 1M credits is a decent-enough deal in my book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tangofan said:

I will actually load up on slot 6 and perhaps some slot 5 upgrades on my T10s, even on ships that I never play. Paying 25 doubloons (for the dismount) to save 1.5M or 1M credits is a decent-enough deal in my book.

Paying dubs to save credits seems like false economy in my book, but you do you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finished my flakes today, so I might but a handful of top tier ships for resources I've been hoarding, knock their flakes with ships I'm currently grinding, then kit them out with the discounted upgrades in a few days.  Beyond that, I'm contemplating finishing out some of my T9 regrinds for FXP, and do the same thing with them, not sure if that is worthwhile or not.  

Ok today is the 13th so don't forget to go shopping for ship upgrades! 

EDIT:   I spent 25 million credits on ship upgrades. That is a huge savings. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ok today is the 13th so don't forget to go shopping for ship upgrades! 

EDIT:   I spent 25 million credits on ship upgrades. That is a huge savings. 

I also spent ~25mil on ship upgrades.  I was surprised at the number of ships that I hadn't fitted out yet.

September 13th already but I do not see any discounts. Can anyone on the Asia server confirm that the offer is working? It certainly isn't available to me.