It's Our One-Year Anniversary

HogHammer

8 hours ago, Tread_Head57 said:

Huh, I found this site one week short of its first anniversary. Glad to see I wasn’t in the dark too long.

Nice thread to be welcomed to the forum in, so: Welcome to the Forum! Happy to have you here.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

True are the words, time flies....

One year has passed since this project, this vision,  a labour of love of a select few, become a reality.  When Wedgie decided to scrap  the regional forums, the outcry was universal and the sense of loss was overwhelming. The old forums were a place where, we players, gathered,  exchanged and shared our experiences, passed on information and spread  our knowledge forming a community . Invaluable, indeed this is the right word for what role, the forums fulfilled. So when the decision to scrap them was made public ...... well it felt like the end.

But as the saying goes, an end is just a new beginning, and while the saying can be called among others a bit cheesy , a select few players decided to step up and step in, making it .... real. They felt that the void can be and must be filled and this can't be the end . It was their vision, passion and determination, which made this place, where the player's voices, our voices,  can be heard, possible and also, reality. On this occasion we honour them and their efforts, as much as the forum. While the "day to day routine" sometimes can be ...... boring, the very fact that is a routine..... is a testament and a reward, in itself.

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

When the forum started, many "wise well wishers" said that the "forum will not last", gave us "max 3 months" and predicted that the place will devolve into petty fights. And yet, here we are, one year in, proving them all wrong. And while the old forums are gone, their spirit and their legacy, lives on. We "have" even the old forums emojis 🙂 

Well, here we are, one year in.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVSTRIKE!!

salute-holiday-ship-sailboat.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Congrats to the forum and to everyone that works hard to keep it afloat. Dont remember who it was that tipped me off in ingame chat about this but I was glad I found it. Was missing the way you could interact with other players on the old forum but this forum is 100 times better imho. 

Im a passionate player and im a player that hates to lose, so I know I can sometimes come off as "a bit harsh" in discussions when I feel the other person is either trolling me or just living in fantasy land. That said it is a good thing we can have discussions about everything regarding the game and all mechanics, and this is a good place for it.

So again, I salute the ones responsible for this great forum! Next Negroni is on me!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@Tread_Head57 Welcome aboard!

Everyone! I'm not good with speeches so I'll keep this short. Thank you to entire community, the staff, the mods, everyone who have chosen to contribute to our success as, dare I say it, the preeminent English language forum for World of Warships!

image.thumb.jpeg.e94536287984c58dd8fea40a195bd4d0.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

HAPPY BIRTHAY DEVSTRIKE AND ALL TEAM BEHIND THE SCENES! 😄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Very grateful for the effort of all involved in this, the Real Forum of WoWS. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to all who make this work.

This website is the first thing I check out every morning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Happy Birthday to us!
I'd sing the "Happy Birthday" song, but my singing (and it's a stretch to call it that 🙄) would ruin the festive atmosphere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Tread_Head57 Welcome aboard!

Everyone! I'm not good with speeches so I'll keep this short. Thank you to entire community, the staff, the mods, everyone who have chosen to contribute to our success as, dare I say it, the preeminent English language forum for World of Warships!

image.thumb.jpeg.e94536287984c58dd8fea40a195bd4d0.jpeg

^ (that's me there, in the picture saluting 😁)

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

^ (that's me there, in the picture saluting 😁)

Never before have we seen so many happy sailors!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Happy Birthday!  I made the cake.  😏

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.HA7PjjoW-mloikXxPbC51wHaFi%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=7b5eb17d9a7b045be8c9035cbed61dbeea8449eff515b60cf8217e6604db144a&ipo=images

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.5MUNzxhL6GPiI3awO4OTyAHaFj%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=3266a9f96391c2ee2e54eb6df67a2dac2011e43a9e119610656c8095ee1c46f5&ipo=images

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Happy Birthday!  Godspeed to you in your brave endeavor!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

wait-what-john-krasinski.gif.f4f982180d4f0e877f3b70b09bfff4e8.gif

There's a new WOWS forum?? WHY am I always the last to know....

sparrow-birthday-ollie-bear-birthday.gif.5a779e6d7472c3fa39f438daaaf28046.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Well, Happy Birthday and thanks to the DevStrike Staff for your work 🎂🎉

OIG1 (1).jpg

OIG1 (2).jpg

OIG1 (4).jpg

OIG1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Happy birthday, DevStrike!  Wishing for many more to come!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Well, Happy Birthday and thanks to the DevStrike Staff for your work 🎂🎉

OIG1 (1).jpg

Am I the only one that finds this image a bit disturbing? ... That poor kid was stabbed in the eye with a spoon 😲

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Am I the only one that finds this image a bit disturbing? ... That poor kid was stabbed in the eye with a spoon 😲

You would have prefered a fork ?  😇

Happy Birthday.

And a huge thank you to all without whom this would not have been possible.  👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Happy Birthday! 🥳

Thank you to everyone working in ways large and small to make this a nicer home for all of us. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thank you and it is a pleasure to again have a forum to participate in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just got my own 1-year notification!

• Like 4

Happy birthday and thanks for giving us what WG couldn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3