Some familiar faces here...

Efros

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am here now to give it a trial run

giphy.gif

Welcome, Admiral Thunder! Enjoy your stay. I'm sure that many of the faces around here will be familiar to you.

24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

giphy.gif

Hey Admiral! Good to see you again. 🫡

Just like to express my thanks to those who put this together, as the days went on it became more and more apparent how much I missed this shower of hoodlums! As per my habit if I see you in battle you'll get an ahoy and a +1.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Efros said:

Just like to express my thanks to those who put this together, as the days went on it became more and more apparent how much I missed this shower of hoodlums! As per my habit if I see you in battle you'll get an ahoy and a +1.

DrinkingWolfKampai_facebooksticker_saved_08-10-2022_.jpg.608343e5a156499763dda696cf1950d5.jpg

Getting the band back together 🙂

Thanks to everyone for being civil as we get this out of drydock, and double thanks to the folks who have already been helping out with questions from new players. Hoping to get a "basic training" program up and active with the help of a few folks who were piloting this juuuust before the forums disappeared (which is where we were posting the materials).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

giphy.gif

Good to see you again !  A fresh start I hope.  We'd love to hear what you have to say.

Gotta be better here than Reddit. I've had some clowns attempt to dox me on Reddit because I had an opinion they disagreed with. They also said some nonsense about me having a Waffen SS avatar which I thought was utterly ludicrous.

But yeah, the familiar faces are nice compared to how awful Discord is to navigate as a 'forum'. I maintain that Discord cannot ever be a proper replacement for a proper forum.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 8:33 AM, SureBridge said:

Getting the band back together 🙂

Thanks to everyone for being civil as we get this out of drydock, and double thanks to the folks who have already been helping out with questions from new players. Hoping to get a "basic training" program up and active with the help of a few folks who were piloting this juuuust before the forums disappeared (which is where we were posting the materials).

That sounds interesting.

And now, I too have arrived. I despise what has happened to the Discord...so in a sense this move has screwed up not one, but two forms of communication. Fortunately, I found this through Facebook, which WG hasn't managed to screw up just yet.

Just want to say a big Thank you to all who put this forum site together. It's a wonderful place to visit and read up on things. So many interesting topics and conversations already. 

1 hour ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

And now, I too have arrived. I despise what has happened to the Discord...so in a sense this move has screwed up not one, but two forms of communication. Fortunately, I found this through Facebook, which WG hasn't managed to screw up just yet.

7 minutes ago, Marmmadog said:

Just want to say a big Thank you to all who put this forum site together. It's a wonderful place to visit and read up on things. So many interesting topics and conversations already. 

Welcome you guys!

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That sounds interesting.

Yes, I and a few of my clanmates had the opportunity to participate in this training program, and it's been fun and educational regardless of our level of experience.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Hello everyone! Many thanks to thems as set this new forum up - much appreciated!

Welcome!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Hello everyone! Many thanks to thems as set this new forum up - much appreciated!

Can it be? It is you! Where have you been all this time? At Madame Olga's.. :classic_cool:

Nonetheless glad to see you here. Welcome aboard, mate! 🫡

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Can it be? It is you! Where have you been all this time? At Madame Olga's.. :classic_cool:

Nonetheless glad to see you here. Welcome aboard, mate! 🫡

It is indeed I! 😀

I gave some of the alternatives that WG assured us were viable replacements for the official forum a try, and - surprise, surprise - they basically blew goats (and ducks, and chickens, and all manner of other farmyard animals). So, I'd resigned myself to not 'seeing' any of you splendid folk again, and wandered off to do something else, until dommo77 was kind enough to ping me in-game that this forum had been set up.

(I'm probably a bit too old and creaky for Madam Olga's these days; were I but 2-3 decades younger...)

Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1