My eyes...my eyes...make it stop...

AdmiralThunder

46 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

As a matter of interest, was it ever established *what* Kong is doing to the ship? If it involves the funnel, one fears some unfortunate scorching might result...

If you've seen the movie ....  😉 

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

I like those camos. 
I got the Godzilla version for my Amagi. 
I just wish they were more "animated" and included Godzilla and Kong during a battle.  Instead, they're only visible while in Port.
Would have been fun to see Kong swat planes from the sky with his hands, or Godzilla use atomic-breath as AA.  🙂 

See see?

WG clearly can't think these things through, imagine what a great opportunity for monetization something like an animated Kong would be. Let's imagine someone who I think could be like a famous YouTuber, let's not mention any names, shall we, would be streaming and being a little too careless getting too close to Kong's ship....

image.jpeg.5683b1fd5dfd9bd26195b8e941b52e1e.jpeg

I'd just love to see that video, wouldn't you?

But wait! There is more. Kong would have jumped on his ship and started to rip out the turrets, smash the ship into bits and started devouring them by shoving them into his cavernous mouth like junk food or something. Now... when the battle is over, he wouldn't be getting his ship back right away. To make things more, should I say, delectable there would be a mandatory randomized waiting period he'd have to wait while his ship is being passed down the proper channels, as it were.

Wait! There is even more you'd need to know. To fully maximize the monetization potential of these new, animated camos, he would have a chance to invest some of his doubloons, not that much, maybe a few hundred dubs and buy a special 'Boom' consumable to, well, expedite the delivery.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

See see?

WG clearly can't think these things through, imagine what a great opportunity for monetization something like an animated Kong would be. Let's imagine someone who I think could be like a famous YouTuber, let's not mention any names, shall we, would be streaming and being a little too careless getting too close to Kong's ship....

image.jpeg.5683b1fd5dfd9bd26195b8e941b52e1e.jpeg

I'd just love to see that video, wouldn't you?

But wait! There is more. Kong would have jumped on his ship and started to rip out the turrets, smash the ship into bits and started devouring them by shoving them into his cavernous mouth like junk food or something. Now... when the battle is over, he wouldn't be getting his ship back right away. To make things more, should I say, delectable there would be a mandatory randomized waiting period he'd have to wait while his ship is being passed down the proper channels, as it were.

Wait! There is even more you'd need to know. To fully maximize the monetization potential of these new, animated camos, he would have a chance to invest some of his doubloons, not that much, maybe a few hundred dubs and buy a special 'Boom' consumable to, well, expedite the delivery.

The downside of that camo is that, if you don't pay 1000 credits every day for bananas, Kong will start jumping from ship to ship in your Port and pounding your own ships to scrap until you show him proper respect.

Godzilla (Gojira) is even worse.  Every time you wake up Godzilla to fight a battle for you, you need to pay 100 Doubloons to find a new island for him(her?) to return to sleep on while you decontaminate your ships.  Failure results in the fun-sized reptile mutant simply breathing on a random tech tree ship in your Port, removing it permanently.

Yeah, upkeep on camos featuring gigantic, wildly temperamental monsters is probably not going to be in the fine print the salesman showed you.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

The downside of that camo is that, if you don't pay 1000 credits every day for bananas, Kong will start jumping from ship to ship in your Port and pounding your own ships to scrap until you show him proper respect.

Godzilla (Gojira) is even worse.  Every time you wake up Godzilla to fight a battle for you, you need to pay 100 Doubloons to find a new island for him(her?) to return to sleep on while you decontaminate your ships.  Failure results in the fun-sized reptile mutant simply breathing on a random tech tree ship in your Port, removing it permanently.

Yeah, upkeep on camos featuring gigantic, wildly temperamental monsters is probably not going to be in the fine print the salesman showed you.

Perhaps... it's more advisable to be content with just the Sinking Sam animated camo then...

• Like 1

colorful targets - shoot them first if they wanna be noticed

• Haha 2

Oh my god, this is almost as bad as those pinata camos. No way i will ever put any of those on my ships.

• Like 2

Still, could be worse

092c05ea-596d-11ef-942e-b49691e6ead0.jpg

but for some reason I like this one, and the Pan-Am camos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Still, could be worse

092c05ea-596d-11ef-942e-b49691e6ead0.jpg

but for some reason I like this one, and the Pan-Am camos.

That does look nice.  Pleasant colors and clean hull lines.

Since the camo rework, I find that I'm taking off some of the more egregious patterns and running my ships "ala natural".  I sold all of my expendables.  What's the point of even having them any more, especially if they look bad?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

That does look nice.  Pleasant colors and clean hull lines.

i dunno, looks like it should be in a kid's bathtub dispensing bubble bath

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, derf said:

i dunno, looks like it should be in a kid's bathtub dispensing bubble bath

😄 

I can still remember when Wargaming created beautiful and meaningful art, one that still resonates today. I'm referring to how they created art for French battleships that not only show ships sailing and firing, but one that truly conveyed the spirit of a nation—France.

They based it on Liberty Leading the People, that famous painting of Eugène Delacroix, as their inspiration. And not content with just copying it, they made their own 3D model of Marianne. WG's 2D Art Content Team Lead, Anna Shulgina, even posed for WG's 3D artist to help make Marianne look alive. 

pose.thumb.jpg.d58cf0085642fda79ac741d06a860c3c.jpg

pose2.thumb.jpg.397d074eb85bc76d34a6bd64c3555c2f.jpg

That was then, when WG truly cared for one of the most visible pieces of art in the game.

What do we have now? What we have now are art works that are obviously the output of a lazy, uninspired, directionless company.

Yes, it can be argued that these camos for the upcoming Pan American battleships are 'art', but just like what WG has been doing these past few years (with the notable exception of the camos they created Pan Am cruiser line), these are tasteless ones, to be pleasantly frank about it. They look like regurgitated trash, to be brutally frank about it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm just glad that they aren't using AI for the ship models.

I am NOT ready for a battleship with two afts, and a turret with 9 guns. Horrorsmiley.gif.318b34e20d9da7d454c8f23b38d7ff39.gif

• Haha 2