The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

Phase 15 complete.  I got to watch my very first launch.  As always, the Art Department just knocks it out of the park.

I am at 70k on the Earn 140k XP mission.
I have 2.1 million of the 3.5 million damage mission.
I have 36 of the Get 50 Incapacitations mission.

I can't get a fight with a DD to save my life right now!  If one (maybe two) are on the enemy team, they spawn NOWHERE near me.  It's becoming hilarious.  I've been co-oping with anything I can get my hands on from Dallas at tier 6 all the way to Smolensk at tier 10.  I'm beginning to think that the DDs have gone the way of the DoDos.

Just now, Captain Slattery said:

Phase 15 complete.  I got to watch my very first launch.  As always, the Art Department just knocks it out of the park.

I am at 70k on the Earn 140k XP mission.
I have 2.1 million of the 3.5 million damage mission.
I have 36 of the Get 50 Incapacitations mission.

I can't get a fight with a DD to save my life right now!  If one (maybe two) are on the enemy team, they spawn NOWHERE near me.  It's becoming hilarious.  I've been co-oping with anything I can get my hands on from Dallas at tier 6 all the way to Smolensk at tier 10.  I'm beginning to think that the DDs have gone the way of the DoDos.

🙂

• Like 1

Week 6 is in the books.  

• 6 caps
  • 140K experience
  • 4000 ribbons
  • 3.5 million damage
  • 14 citadels (BBs)
  • 50 incapacitations (CA/CL)
  • 665K damage with torpedoes (DDs)

• Like 1

Bleh. Real Life(tm) has made noises like it's planning to dance on my face in soccer cleats again, so I bought out the remaining stages (except the ribbon token, which was easy to farm out with the usual dakkabotes, and the two stages I got for owning Leipzig). If I'm wrong, and I can still play enough to finish the missions, then the steel can go towards my next big Armory buy.

34 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Week 6 is in the books.  

• 6 caps
  • 140K experience
  • 4000 ribbons
  • 3.5 million damage
  • 14 citadels (BBs)
  • 50 incapacitations (CA/CL)
  • 665K damage with torpedoes (DDs)

👍

9 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Bleh. Real Life(tm) has made noises like it's planning to dance on my face in soccer cleats again, so I bought out the remaining stages (except the ribbon token, which was easy to farm out with the usual dakkabotes, and the two stages I got for owning Leipzig). If I'm wrong, and I can still play enough to finish the missions, then the steel can go towards my next big Armory buy.

👍

5 out of 6 fixed after fridays three hour session. Which one of the likely two that brings me to 6 is an open matter (XP or Battleship mission). Easy when you play at my volume.  So soon ready for final week. I have not the time to make any exact comparisons but does it not feel easier than earlier Dockyards?

Finished the caps mission yesterday.

Got the remaining citadels I needed today while grinding Minnesota, and finished the XP and torp damage missions. Just ribbons and damage left for this stage. 

"Hard Times" mission done. The 200% first win booster really helped. 4 ops games finished the XP task.

Finished the "Hard Times" mission-chain, last night, with the completion of the "Get 50 incapacitation ribbons" (while sailing a Cruiser) task.
Which brought me to completion of 6 out of 6 missions and gave me a dockyard phase as a reward.

I'm two dockyard phases beyond welcoming the Almirante Oquendo, now.
Each bonus phase rewarded me with 250 steel.

10 hours ago, Gnirf said:

I have not the time to make any exact comparisons but does it not feel easier than earlier Dockyards?

It feels much easier. Wisconsin also felt easier than it should have with a T10 ship as the prize. 

This Dockyard has been very combat-focused, a boon to co-op players. I would almost be tempted to say it was made for them.

In addition, two of the perennial major gripes have been removed: potential damage tasks and large chunks of base XP in multiple ship types. Even the 60K in the upcoming phase isn't as mean as it looks when you realize it's just ONE task accessible to ALL ships over TWO weeks, and it doesn't even have a token on it. Pick up an extra combat task and you can leave it unfinished! 

10 hours ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

"Hard Times" mission done. The 200% first win booster really helped.

Very generously timed. 

I should be going into Randoms to claim those, but I'm on call this week and I don't like to play Randoms under those conditions if I can avoid it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It feels much easier. Wisconsin also felt easier than it should have with a T10 ship as the prize. 

This Dockyard has been very combat-focused, a boon to co-op players. I would almost be tempted to say it was made for them.

To this I can attest.  A co-op megaspud like me can get 19 phases completed with no "out of pocket" expenditures.  This has been VERY co-op friendly.  You have to give the Devil his due on this one.  Good on WG for this one.  😁

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

To this I can attest.  A co-op megaspud like me can get 19 phases completed with no "out of pocket" expenditures.  This has been VERY co-op friendly.  You have to give the Devil his due on this one.  Good on WG for this one.  😁

The high base XP missions are a sticking point; however you can finish the overall chain and finish those concurrently with the following chain.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

As a coop player when the dockyard missions hit the big base XP missions I lost interest and stopped. 

Take the 50 incapacitations this round.  Couldn't get one to save my life yesterday and then finished off the mission this morning easily as I was getting 4-6 each game.  It wasn't a boring grind like Base XP as with the incapacitations you know the next game you could get 5+ and make up for the last 3 dry game.

• Like 1

Done with week 6. Finished the cause 3.500.000 Damage and earn 140.000 XP missions just now.

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Done with week 6. Finished the cause 3.500.000 Damage and earn 140.000 XP missions just now.

Same here. Except I finished the XP-mission a bit earlier.

• Like 1

Question about week 7.

The tasks in week 7 seem pretty straightforward:

1. 85 "Aircraft shot down" or "Shot down by fighter" ribbons
  2. Earn 9.2M credits (earns a token)
  3. 3.5M main or secondary battery hits (earns a token)
  4. 60k Base XP
  5. Various amounts of ribbons for the ship-type-specific missions

I think I'm going to skip the BXP mission #4 and will do the ribbon missions for DD, BB and CA, since I'm travelling and my play-time is limited.

However I'm not so sure how easy or difficult it will be to complete the mission #1 (plane-kill ribbons), since I'm a coop and ops player and it's hit-or-miss, as to whether you get attacked by the bot CV. Any advice there?

Alternatively, I am wondering, if it might be worth skipping mission #1 and taking a German CV into coop (since they supposedly have good secondaries) and complete the CV ribbon-mission. I have the Immelmann, Graf Zeppelin and Parseval. Would that be a viable approach? If so, which of the 3 would be the best CV for that?

Edited by tangofan

24 minutes ago, tangofan said:

Alternatively, I am wondering, if it might be worth skipping mission #1 and taking a German CV into coop (since they supposedly have good secondaries) and complete the CV ribbon-mission. I have the Immelmann, Graf Zeppelin and Parseval. Would that be a viable approach? If so, which of the 3 would be the best CV for that?

They're all good.
The Parseval actually has a longer-range secondary suite, compared with the GZ.
But the GZ has some bigger guns mounted as a portion of its secondary-battery suite.
Can't go wrong with any of them, if you're just looking to brawl with them.  🙂 
All-ahead Full !!!  🙂 

• Like 1

As expected, this week was a slog. I'm down to the last million damage or so to dish out, should be done by Wednesday.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tricericon said:

As expected, this week was a slog. I'm down to the last million damage or so to dish out, should be done by Wednesday.

Yeah it felt like a slog for me too. Almost done with this current phase (I forget what it is), only need 400k more damage to complete it and have 3 or 4 days to complete it before the next phase. Should be just fine even playing co-op.  Operations were a huge help for damage. Played several tech tree ships that I am grinding. That added 200% bonus with boosters gave me 20K XP a match so that was nice. 

1 hour ago, tangofan said:

Question about week 7.

The tasks in week 7 seem pretty straightforward:

1. 85 "Aircraft shot down" or "Shot down by fighter" ribbons
  2. Earn 9.2M credits (earns a token)
  3. 3.5M main or secondary battery hits (earns a token)
  4. 60k Base XP
  5. Various amounts of ribbons for the ship-type-specific missions

I think I'm going to skip the BXP mission #4 and will do the ribbon missions for DD, BB and CA, since I'm travelling and my play-time is limited.

However I'm not so sure how easy or difficult it will be to complete the mission #1 (plane-kill ribbons), since I'm a coop and ops player and it's hit-or-miss, as to whether you get attacked by the bot CV. Any advice there?

Couple of suggestions that will get you the shot down ribbons over time in some order.

1. Take out a carrier focus on dropping fighters, bonus if you take out the alternate US line. This is the only steady choice.
2. Take a T5 DD with decent AA, should get some t4 carriers feeding you planes. Also really any DD with good AA, works best if you are undertiered so the planes will come right to you. Last shoot down planes one I was in a Hill and a t4 bot carrier fed me something like 35 planes.
3. Russian cruisers and head straight for the carrier, once you are ahead of other ships the planes often head right to you. Can work with any cruiser with reasonable AA as well but I swear the russians give me the best luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Darlith said:

Couple of suggestions that will get you the shot down ribbons over time in some order.

1. Take out a carrier focus on dropping fighters, bonus if you take out the alternate US line. This is the only steady choice.
2. Take a T5 DD with decent AA, should get some t4 carriers feeding you planes. Also really any DD with good AA, works best if you are undertiered so the planes will come right to you. Last shoot down planes one I was in a Hill and a t4 bot carrier fed me something like 35 planes.
3. Russian cruisers and head straight for the carrier, once you are ahead of other ships the planes often head right to you. Can work with any cruiser with reasonable AA as well but I swear the russians give me the best luck.

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Re #1 (carrier with focus on dropping fighters), which of the following CVs would you consider most suitable (if any is suitable in the first place...)?

image.thumb.png.a4861b3eb43b39cde4a570d9fc03b7a4.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tangofan said:

Thanks so much for your suggestions. Re #1 (carrier with focus on dropping fighters), which of the following CVs would you consider most suitable (if any is suitable in the first place...)?

image.thumb.png.a4861b3eb43b39cde4a570d9fc03b7a4.png

Since premiums should match up against the same probably Enterprise with the larger fighter count, Chkalov might also be a good option as well. Co-op matches are bit too short for much else to matter I'd think. Someone else might have a better suggestion since I don't really have the premium options.

If you had them the Essex line is what I would use, they get better fighters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Operations can be good. Some tasks are halved. I usually have that in mind and try to accumulate double of what I want to have per match. Weirdly, I finished off one of the shoot down planes in Coop. Hermes is best for it - could even get more if your team didn't shoot down the recon planes first.

• Like 2

Phase 17 complete.  Mission set 6 now available.  I have NEVER been 3 days ahead of schedule before.  I may just get this done.

• Like 3

Completed the "Get 175 Torpedo hits ribbons" (while sailing a Submarine) task.
Was rewarded with 10,000 credits.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1