The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

Phase 10 now done.  Next phase gets me to 13.  I've been looking to the stretch run on this dockyard.  I keep stretching my goal everytime I look.  Now I'm insane enough to think I can get all 18 in time to throw WG some cash for the last 2 phases and score my very first dockyard ship.

I know, I'm clearly insane now but I just can't seem to talk myself down.

crazyeyes.jpg.f1139d1178eceb54b58b12fa98f3fe01.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Captain Slattery said:

Phase 10 now done.  Next phase gets me to 13.  I've been looking to the stretch run on this dockyard.  I keep stretching my goal everytime I look.  Now I'm insane enough to think I can get all 18 in time to throw WG some cash for the last 2 phases and score my very first dockyard ship.

I know, I'm clearly insane now but I just can't seem to talk myself down.

crazyeyes.jpg.f1139d1178eceb54b58b12fa98f3fe01.jpg

I wonder how anyone might feel if someone dressed them in a lady-bug costume and put their hair up to look like antennae, year after year, eh?  🙂 

• Haha 2

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

I wonder how anyone might feel if someone dressed them in a lady-bug costume and put their hair up to look like antennae, year after year, eh?  🙂 

Lol!  That is an excellent point!  😆

Can you talk me off the ledge, please?  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captain Slattery said:

Lol!  That is an excellent point!  😆

Can you talk me off the ledge, please?  

Get over here, it's time for you to get a hug.  🙂 

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Get over here, it's time for you to get a hug.  🙂 

Dogs-Hugging-Their-Soulmates-5.thumb.jpg.d9ffce3d2a08213eea83b1e9afe33052.jpg

Thanks.  I do feel better now!  🙂

• Thanks 1

Completed the "Earn 45,000 BaseXP" task of the "In the Name of the King" Dockyard mission-chain.
Thus, I completed 6 out of the 6 required tasks to earn one more dockyard phase as a reward.

I've progressed to Dockyard Phase 19.

• Like 1

What y'all's game plans for week 6? The missions seem like they don't synergize especially well.

Is this ship even worth it? Doesnt seem OP, fun, or even average? Am I missing something?

5 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Is this ship even worth it? Doesnt seem OP, fun, or even average? Am I missing something?

It seems like a pretty mid T9, but I already had Leipzig and needed to be playing enough to clear the anniversary event so it's not a high effort thing for me.

Hi all,

I was on my 10-day summer vacation in August and therefore had to do 2 phases in just 1 week when I got back... it was fast with all Festive playing...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

Got way ahead of my plan for the 6th dockyard phase, since I'll be travelling the beginning of next week:

• 3 out of 6 missions done: BB, DD and caps.
  • 47 out of 50 incapacitations (CA mission)
  • 132k of 140k XP
  • 3800 of 4000 ribbons
  • 2.3M out of 3.5M damage

By tomorrow I should have finished this week's missions and can coast along for the rest of the week.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tangofan said:

Got way ahead of my plan for the 6th dockyard phase, since I'll be travelling the beginning of next week:

• 3 out of 6 missions done: BB, DD and caps.
  • 47 out of 50 incapacitations (CA mission)
  • 132k of 140k XP
  • 3800 of 4000 ribbons
  • 2.3M out of 3.5M damage

By tomorrow I should have finished this week's missions and can coast along for the rest of the week.

3 more missions finished (incapacitations, ribbons and XP), so I'm happy that this week is over and done.

Now off to farming some more credits in T10 operations in preparation for the module sale that starts tomorrow...

• Like 1

Yesterday's progress on stage 6:

4/6 caps (better than I was expecting and a bit worrying since I was playing only battleships)

15/25 citadels in battleships

About a third of the way on damage and xp (and well on track to finish that probably by the end of the weekend)

Only 500/4k ribbons, but I was only playing battleships yesterday and non-secondary ones at that. This might take a bit more time, but I can always spend part of a session farming bots with Schlieffen/Smolensk/Colbert if it takes to long to finish.

For my sixth mission, it'll be 665k with torps in destroyers. Most of my current tech tree grinds are destroyers, so that should be pretty easy to do.

• Like 3

Completed 5/6 tasks of the "Hard Times" mission. XP task is at 96K/140K. End is near.

• Like 3

Phase 11 complete.  I already have the reward ship so phases 12 and 13 are also complete.

I should have phase 14 completed tomorrow.

Half a million BB damage should cover it.  🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

Phase 11 complete.  I already have the reward ship so phases 12 and 13 are also complete.

I should have phase 14 completed tomorrow.

Half a million BB damage should cover it.  🙂

🙂

Phase 14 now complete.  I have unlocked mission set #6 and am only 2 days late.  19 days left to completion.  I might actually make it this time.  Color me surprised!

• Like 4

Week 6: So far i have finished the cruiser mission (get 50 Incapacitations ribbons) and the DD mission (Cause 665.000 HP of Damage), along the way i also completed the missions to get 4.000 ribbons and get 6 Captured or Assisted in capture ribbons.

Now i'm only missing the cause 3.500.000 of Damage mission and the one for 140.000 XP, but i'm close to finish those as well.

• Like 4

Completed the "Get 4,000 ribbons" task of the "Hard Times" dockyard mission-chain.
Rewarded with 1 dockyard phase.

This progresses me to dockyard phase 20 and allows me to welcome the Almirante Oquendo. 🙂

image_2024-09-13_113059371.png.95b558d68f645cf8714223e833dc504a.png

• Like 3

Phase 6 progress as of last night:

Cap assists - 5 out of 6 (well ahead of daily quota)

140K ship XP - ~47K (ahead of daily quota)

4000 of any ribbon - COMPLETE

3.5 million ship damage (ahead of daily quota)

CV 620 rocket hits - COMPLETE

BB 25 cits - 4 (behind the 8 ball)

Cruiser 50 incapacitations - 32/50 (ahead of daily quota)

DD 665K torpedo damage - ~271K (ahead of daily quota)

Subs 175 torp hits - Not being attempted.

• Like 3

So, was going well right up to last night and this morning with cruisers.  Suddenly I can't get an incapacitation to save my life.  Been about 8 games now with nothing.  Get a fire, no problem.  A cit, no problem.  You want an incapacitation, not happening.

3 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

So, was going well right up to last night and this morning with cruisers.  Suddenly I can't get an incapacitation to save my life.  Been about 8 games now with nothing.  Get a fire, no problem.  A cit, no problem.  You want an incapacitation, not happening.

What game mode do you use? I suggest you play Coop, if you don't already, take a fast cruiser with a high rate of fire and shoot DDs with HE, you should be finished in no time.

1 hour ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

What game mode do you use? I suggest you play Coop, if you don't already, take a fast cruiser with a high rate of fire and shoot DDs with HE, you should be finished in no time.

I was having his problem last night - the main issue being matchmaking giving me a relative lack of destroyers to shoot at. My usual trick for cruiser incaps is Smolensk in co-op, and there's usually tons of destroyers and other Smolensks, light cruisers with torp tubes and turrets to break etc etc etc. Switch to other classes and the incap ribbons fell like rain, though... 🤣

• Like 1

And done with phase six. Cap or assists, total damage, DD torp damage, cruiser incaps all completed.

Now to start advance planning for phase seven (remembering that we have two weeks). 

I've completed the "Get 50 incapacitation ribbons" (while sailing a cruiser) task of the "Hard Times" mission chain.
Which also completes 6 tasks in the mission chain.
Which rewarded me with another dockyard phase.

I've gotten two phases past welcoming the Almirante Oquendo, which has rewarded me with 250 steel per phase.

• Like 1