The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

Followed my own advice and played OPs to earn Free XP for the 25.000 Free XP mission, when i was done with that, i had also finished the 55 incapacitation ribbon mission, which were the last two missions for this week i was missing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Followed my own advice and played OPs to earn Free XP for the 25.000 Free XP mission, when i was done with that, i had also finished the 55 incapacitation ribbon mission, which were the last two missions for this week i was missing.

👍

Well between brawls yester-day and naval battles to-day; it would seem I put a little bit of a dent into the DY so far. But this is not a 2 day-er like the previous weeks.

Struggling with the battleship mission in coop.  Simply because the bots are being destroyed before I can get into secondary range.

Cruisers, going to be hit or miss with fires and floodings.  One game do well, next, nothing.

14 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Struggling with the battleship mission in coop.  Simply because the bots are being destroyed before I can get into secondary range.

Cruisers, going to be hit or miss with fires and floodings.  One game do well, next, nothing.

I'm currently at 1,140 hits out of 1,200 hits required (main-gun or sec-bat hits) for the mission task for BB's to score hits ribbons.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:
29 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I'm currently at 1,140 hits out of 1,200 hits required (main-gun or sec-bat hits) for the mission task for BB's to score hits ribbons.

And now I can say, "task accomplished".  🙂 

• Like 1

Completed the "Get 70 Aircraft shot down or Shot down by fighter ribbons" task.

1 hour ago, Wowzery said:

I found the BB mission to be the easiest of the ship specific missions.  If you have a BB with speed boost (Jean Bart, Georgia, Scharn '43) set up the ship as a secondary brawler.  If you can spot an enemy BB or CV (something with a lot of HP) make a dash towards it (as long as it isn't on the other side of the map.)  You should be done in no time.

FWIW, I used the Scharn 43 and was completed in about 5 or 6 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wowzery said:

The best tech tree options are German CCs, the higher the tier the better. Starting at tier VIII they have the right combination of secondary range/accuracy and speed, while the enemies have enough HP to facilitate the printing of lots of secondary ribbons.

For premium options, Illinois can rack up a lot of main battery hits (she has pre-buff Buffalo DPM, IIRC). Scharnhorst or Scharnhorst’43 are also good options. Fire only HE to maximize your main battery hits and close the range to get what secondary hits you can. It’s not the most effective way to play, but it’s Coop - you playing sub-optimally just gives your teammates more chance to score more XP and credits.

1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

I found the BB mission to be the easiest of the ship specific missions.  If you have a BB with speed boost (Jean Bart, Georgia, Scharn '43) set up the ship as a secondary brawler.  If you can spot an enemy BB or CV (something with a lot of HP) make a dash towards it (as long as it isn't on the other side of the map.)  You should be done in no time.

Was using Jean Bart and Georgia as I usually get a lot of secondary hits.  The problem was I couldn't close the distance fast enough, even with boosts, to get in range before the bots were destroyed. 

I've found I'm getting better results with Karl XIV Johan, so that's what I completed the mission in.

35 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Was using Jean Bart and Georgia as I usually get a lot of secondary hits.  The problem was I couldn't close the distance fast enough, even with boosts, to get in range before the bots were destroyed. 

I've found I'm getting better results with Karl XIV Johan, so that's what I completed the mission in.

When I did it there weren't many destroyers rampaging, so I quite a bit of time to farm secondary hits.

Completed the "Get 45 Set on Fire or Caused Flooding ribbons" (while sailing a Cruiser) task. 
In the process completed six tasks of "The Age of Steam and Iron" mission-chain and earned another phase of dockyard progression.

This brings me to Dockyard phase 15.
By the way, there's a nice cinematic of the hull being launched into the water when a player gets to phase 15.  🙂 

• Like 1

I've completed the "Earn 25,000 FreeXP" task.
The reward is one more shipbuilding phase.
This brings me to Dockyard phase 16.

I was a little over half-way through this task, when I decided to sail my Conde' and Piemonte with blue econ boosters mounted on the FreeXP category.
It only took three battles to finish.  🙂 

Conde' 4638 + Piemonte 1989 + Conde' 4316 = 10,943 FreeXP and mission task accomplished.  

Edited to add:  For the curious, I was sailing in Co-op battles.
The Conde' battles were all 'Bots, except for me.
The Piemonte battle had a team full of humans on the green-team.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

I've completed the "get 1,050 Main battery hits ribbons" (while sailing a Destroyer) task.
The reward was 10,000 credits.

Finished Week 3, I still have to grind the free XP, but I will do that at some point.

• Like 1

Phase 7 complete.  Now I am staring at my first real bottleneck.  25k free xp.  Oof.  Not easy for a coop main.  I may have to flag up and random some.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

Phase 7 complete.  Now I am staring at my first real bottleneck.  25k free xp.  Oof.  Not easy for a coop main.  I may have to flag up and random some.

Flag-up with blue econ bonus for FreeXP and sail into either randoms or scenario operations.
But, I did it in Co-op using my Supership Cruisers (as mentioned in an earlier post).  🙂 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Flag-up with blue econ bonus for FreeXP and sail into either randoms or scenario operations.
But, I did it in Co-op using my Supership Cruisers (as mentioned in an earlier post).  🙂 

Thanks for the info.  I was not paying attention.  I do see now that ops is a valid battle mode for that directive.

• Like 1

Finished Week 4 last night; got the last 50 battleship ribbons running WV44 for Ranked win #15 & those dubs. It was a bit of a slog, but I think that was Ranked and not the dockyard.

• Like 1

Question, complete all the missions and you are still 2 short for completing the Almirante (if I added it up right).  Is it worth the doubloons to complete?

The boat is so well balanced that it is quite unremarkable. Granted I only played a single co-op game in it so far.

• Like 1

I finished the last of the current week's Dockyard Missions in Tier X Brawls.

GWVMnK8WwAA85NL?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Played T8 German alternate DD line  in a regrind the during the weekend , mostly in operations. In Ultimate Frontier quite useful. Slaughtered the light cruisers, Over 30 citadels a few times. Struggled in some of the other scenarios, but only one failure. Partly because I have not played scenarios in the last years so I have forgotten most of them.

So with this I fixed the DD mission which gave 6 and 4th stage finished.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1