The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

"Give me back my shooting gallery, such that my stats may remain unsullied!" 😋

😆 for me it is more about the higher credit/XP earning potential of my tier 8 lines I’m grinding + premium tier 9’s vs. tier 10s in a more active format than random battles. 

Completed the "Earn 65,000 XP" (while sailing a CV) mission task in the Dockyard "Invincible Armada" mission-chain.

• Like 1

It seems like next week will be, dare I say easier? I mean the submarine mission is 10 ships destroyed??? That is really not hard. It also seems like it is Coop friendly, unlike the XP and Free XP grinding missions.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 8:21 PM, Tread_Head57 said:

Week 3 complete. Getting kind of bored rotating between ranked and randoms. Really need asymmetrics or mode shuffle back.

I ran Albermarle in brawls, and found her surprisingly good in that mode. Went from ~15k xp to completely XP'd out and ready for the T9 in an evening, and then played her again the next night to knock off my last 4 brawls for the 10k coal. 

French DD's in Brawls are nasty too, I haven't bothered getting the BB XP mission finished since I will eventually clear it with my Iowa grind.

2 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

It seems like next week will be, dare I say easier? I mean the submarine mission is 10 ships destroyed??? That is really not hard. It also seems like it is Coop friendly, unlike the XP and Free XP grinding missions.

55 incaps could take a minute, but overall it's not too bad.

My plan is the BB and DD ribbons plus the core four; planes and incaps are likely to be the laggards.

I'm a bit behind schedule since I was out of town for the first two weeks of the dockyard, but I'm already almost caught up. Luckily it was during the start of the dockyard, not the later weeks...

Already have two of the six missions for stage three done (main/secondary hits and kills), and the ribbons and general xp missions will easily be finished with a couple games tomorrow. Then it'll be a bit more xp in destroyers, and probably the battleship xp mission. 

Looking ahead to the next set, they mostly look easy enough to catch up on. And if something ends up taking longer, week five looks relatively doable in less than a week too. I'm definitely in for another week of destroyers and battleships without a doubt. Incaps shouldn't be too difficult, hopefully plane kills doesn't end up being too much of a hassle to get. 

8 hours ago, Tricericon said:

55 incaps could take a minute, but overall it's not too bad.

My plan is the BB and DD ribbons plus the core four; planes and incaps are likely to be the laggards.

This is one of the reasons why even if I wasn't mad keen on subs and CVs, I'd keep at least one of each around. If one of the core four is big and it's not a final task for a token, sometimes these types have missions that are an easy bypass.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This is one of the reasons why even if I wasn't mad keen on subs and CVs, I'd keep at least one of each around. If one of the core four is big and it's not a final task for a token, sometimes these types have missions that are an easy bypass.

I have at least one ship of every possible tier/type combo at 5+. I intend to focus BBs and DDs since I also want to farm the 15 bronze wins in this Ranked Sprint1 and my preferred T6/7 Ranked ships are Sims and WV44.

If I hit win #15 with a lot left to go on planes and/or incaps, I'll switch to Essex (for planes, not CV torps) or Gato (for kills to bypass incaps) and speed run the last mission or two.

Conversely, if I clear both BB and DD ribbon missions with several wins still to go and either incaps or planes is struggling, I'll probably switch to a cruiser to wear down the fire mission. Probably that would be Perth, since tier for tier she's stronger than any of my T7s.

1) I'm strict FTP & assuming last year's prices I need to get the 400 dubs from three more sprints before Thanksgiving to afford Atlanta B. I intend that to be this one and the two concurrent with the Anniversary Event.

Hmmm...a battleship task for secondaries...and a task for shooting planes down.  Maybe I'll give Schlieffen a go?

Yep, that'll do.

shot-24.08.28_10.21.03-0330.jpg

• Like 2

Phase 6 complete.  I'm falling a bit behind but it's not anything I didn't already factor in.

• Like 1

Completed the "Age of Steam and Iron" mission chain. However, I did not finish the FXP task to gain the 3rd shipbuilding phase. It's now at 5.7K/25K. It will be done in due course though in later game plays.

image.thumb.jpeg.ad7f8a4e9ccdee0d710a9216642d309d.jpeg

• Like 2

Completed the "Get 750 Main battery hits ribbons" task of "The Age of Steam and Iron" mission-chain.
Progressed to Dockyard phase 14.

Main battery hits DONE

Incapacitations DONE (focus destroyers and very light cruisers, plus BBs with torp tubes)

DD main battery hits DONE

Cruiser fires or floods DONE

FXP, CV and sub tasks on track for daily quota.

Airplane kills about 50% complete.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

Completed the "Get 10 Destroyed ribbons" (while sailing a Submarine) task of "The Age of Steam and Iron" mission-chain.

• Like 1

Week 4 done:

• 750 Main battery hits
  • 70 aircraft destroyed
  • 25,000 Free XP
  • 1200 main or secondary hits (BB)
  • 45 fire/flood ribbons (CA/CL)
  • 1050 main battery hits (DD)

(41/55 incapacitation ribbons)

image.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Week 4 done:

• 750 Main battery hits
  • 70 aircraft destroyed
  • 25,000 Free XP
  • 1200 main or secondary hits (BB)
  • 45 fire/flood ribbons (CA/CL)
  • 1050 main battery hits (DD)

(41/55 incapacitation ribbons)

image.png

🙂👍

Knocked out DD ribbons, which carried the core 750 main battery hits. FXP is within a rounding error of complete, incaps halfway, and plane kills at maybe 20%. Broke 2300 twice but didn't ring 2500.

BB ribbons are next, but maybe not for a few days since I'm so busy at the moment. Depending on how many CVs turn up I may end knocking out a third ship type instead of shooting down 70 planes.

• Like 1

Phase 4 complete. Finished the plane kills, dusted off the Schlieffen for the BB main or secondary gun ribbons.

The FXP task can finish whenever it does.

• Like 1

Finished the Cruiser and DD missions, pretty easily thanks to Smolensk and F. Sherman, along the way, i was also able to complete the mission for 750 Main Battery ribbons and the mission for 70 shot down aircraft ribbons, that leaves the missions for 25.000 Free XP and 55 Incapacitation ribbons.

• Like 1

I'm only going for the Leipzig which is lucky for me. I'm done for week , with the exception of the 25000 FreeXP.

In COOP, with my Salem and a 300% booster on top of the 150% it gets I'm seeing pretty unimpressive FreeXP earnings between 200 and 400 per match.

I could throw on a higher booster, I've got plenty, but with over 3000 +300% I figure I'll use some of them up.

My napkin math says it'll only take another 60 matches or so

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I'm only going for the Leipzig which is lucky for me. I'm done for week , with the exception of the 25000 FreeXP.

In COOP, with my Salem and a 300% booster on top of the 150% it gets I'm seeing pretty unimpressive FreeXP earnings between 200 and 400 per match.

I could throw on a higher booster, I've got plenty, but with over 3000 +300% I figure I'll use some of them up.

My napkin math says it'll only take another 60 matches or so

Do you have a good Tier VIII, like Mainz? If yes, why not play Operations, you will earn a lot more Free XP there. Equip green boosters if you can.

2 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Do you have a good Tier VIII, like Mainz? If yes, why not play Operations, you will earn a lot more Free XP there. Equip green boosters if you can.

At some point I will start playing OPs. But with them being random now, I feel the need to get up to speed on each one before I hit the battle button.

And I've got other things to do right now which are more engrossing than watching videos on various different ops 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

At some point I will start playing OPs. But with them being random now, I feel the need to get up to speed on each one before I hit the battle button.

And I've got other things to do right now which are more engrossing than watching videos on various different ops 😉

Don't overthink it, i encounter so many bad players in OPS it's not funny, someone with your experience will be an improvement, even if you are rusty, just use Mainz, Kutuzov, Tirpitz, Brandenburg, Massachusetts if you have them and you will do just fine.

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

It's possible to simply read about the Scenario Operation via the wiki-pages.
Each wiki-page devoted to a particular scenario includes a map and a 'walk through' of what to expect.

Example of pages visited in order of visitation ...
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Scenarios
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Scenarios#Defense_of_Naval_Station_Newport
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Defense_of_Naval_Station_Newport

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Operation_Killer_Whale

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

Completed the "Get 55 Incapacitations ribbons" (while sailing a Battleship) task of "The Age of Steam and Iron" dockyard mission-chain.