The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

2 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

What I'm confused about is how WG has lower XP required for all ships than just the single ship.  I just think it would be reversed, all ships needing more XP than the single ship.

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Could you explain?

2 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Never understood how WG does some of these missions.  35k XP in any ship, but you need 55k XP in a battleship? 

SHUT YOUR MOUTH. 🤮

This is an easy, autocomplete task. Don't complain about how easy it is. We want more of that. You will only bring us more of the other, which NOBODY wants.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

SHUT YOUR MOUTH. 🤮

Are you talking about John Shaft.

on the chance that you didn't get the reference:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This is an easy, autocomplete task. Don't complain about how easy it is. We want more of that. You will only bring us more of the other, which NOBODY wants.

This.  Yes, this exactly.  I remember the bad old days of the early dockyards.  What an absolute dumpster fire that was!  I don't mind a grind.  I don't even mind WG making bank on the dockyard.  The early dockyards were an egregious cash grab with deliberate obfuscation, especially Puerto Rico.

I absolutely do not want to see that kind of egregious Scrooge McDucking ever again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Could you explain?

One mission requires 55K experience in a specific type of ship (battleships.)  A general (non-ship specific) mission needs only 35K but can be completed with any type of ship. A non-ship specific mission should be more difficult since you can use any of the ship types.

1 minute ago, HamptonRoads said:

One mission requires 55K experience in a specific type of ship (battleships.)  A general (non-ship specific) mission needs only 35K but can be completed with any type of ship. A non-ship specific mission should be more difficult since you can use any of the ship types.

Thanks.

I do want to give WG some credit here.  They have toned down the soul crushing grind of the dockyard to a reasonably palatable level. 

As much as they want us playing submarines and carriers, they did not force them down our respective throats with missions that you HAVE to complete in order to advance your completion of the ship building phases. 

They could very easily have reduced the number of mission types in order to compel you to play subs and carriers if you wanted to complete phases of the dockyard.

Congratulations WG, there's a glimmer of humanity in there after all.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

I do want to give WG some credit here.  They have toned down the soul crushing grind of the dockyard to a reasonably palatable level. 

As much as they want us playing submarines and carriers, they did not force them down our respective throats with missions that you HAVE to complete in order to advance your completion of the ship building phases. 

They could very easily have reduced the number of mission types in order to compel you to play subs and carriers if you wanted to complete phases of the dockyard.

Congratulations WG, there's a glimmer of humanity in there after all.

In the end they win, players play the game more and most of then have to buy doublons to get the ship when they finish.

Mission are now too easy and I hate that players even think they have to grind it when they can actually just play the game.

Ah..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Slattery said:

I would usually do a dockyard until I hit the base XP then lose interest.

13 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Mission are now too easy

Going to agree to differ. If this is the future of the Dockyard, I'm all for it. Odin, Anchorage and De Zeven Provincien are quite some time in the past now, but this one feels at least as easy as them and possibly easier, which for a Tier 9 ship is good.

I hate that players even think they have to grind it when they can actually just play the game.

This one is not quite there for me this time around, but it's close. Those who don't put money into the game at all and don't already have Leipzig will get a free T6 premium ship. I got the Leipzig in a free Christmas crate last year, so I'm getting Oquendo for literally nothing.

In the end they win, players play the game more and most of then have to buy doublons to get the ship when they finish.

WG needs to cover their operating costs. They need to make some money or the game disappears.

Finished off the third week today. 2v2 brawls was fun, a couple blue boosters in randoms finished the XP missions quick.

• Like 3

This week being easy I'm all for (and legitimately finished early yesterday). I've been sitting on the 7 days of premium time reward from the 2nd phase for next week anyways. Since that week has a lovely 25,000 FXP task to clear, and that is one of the few where I definitely prefer to have premium time to make it easier to complete.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Kynami said:

This week being easy I'm all for (and legitimately finished early yesterday). I've been sitting on the 7 days of premium time reward from the 2nd phase for next week anyways. Since that week has a lovely 25,000 FXP task to clear, and that is one of the few where I definitely prefer to have premium time to make it easier to complete.

That's basically my plan too.

Done with the Dockyard for this week, so far i have been able to do all the missions, by playing as i normally would. 

• Like 1

Nearly done with this week, I've been playing Hogwarts Legacy a bunch so, its been a bit slower this week for me

• Like 2

Third week finished, quite comfortably this DY so far but the rewards are less.

• Like 2

Fifth mission just completed.  Now on to dd xp.

• Like 2

Completed the "Invincible Armada" mission chain yesterday.

• Like 2

Week three is in the books. Dare I refrain from any unbecoming utterances regarding the process. [lol]

• Like 4

Part 3 done. 

8 hours ago, thornzero said:

Dare I refrain from any unbecoming utterances regarding the process.

"This [insert bannable words here] dockyard!!!"

• Like 1

Week 3 complete. Getting kind of bored rotating between ranked and randoms. Really need asymmetrics or mode shuffle back.

• Like 3

Week 3 Complete! The hardest part of was the XP, but I mainly grinded that in Ranked and Operations.

2 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Week 3 Complete! The hardest part of was the XP, but I mainly grinded that in Ranked and Operations.

Same here. Grinding the XP felt like a chore in between.

Played the BB/DD XP missions.

I just finished the "Earn 47,000 XP" while sailing a Cruiser task of the "Invinciple Armada" mission-chain.

I was about half-way through the mission, and then decided to sail my Cleveland in a Scenario Operation while equipped with red economic boosters.
With 35,487 XP earned in Scenario Narai, the mission-task was accomplished.

13 hours ago, Tread_Head57 said:

Week 3 complete. Getting kind of bored rotating between ranked and randoms. Really need asymmetrics or mode shuffle back.

"Give me back my shooting gallery, such that my stats may remain unsullied!" 😋

• Confused 1