The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

I've completed a mission-task to "Get 1,250 main battery hits ribbons".

As a reward for completing a dockyard phase for the Almirante Oquendo dockyard event, I welcomed the Tier-6 German Cruiser, the Leipzig, to my Port.
The reward also provided 1 "Vacant Slot" (a.k.a. a Port Slot).
The Leipzig was delivered by Commander Jakob Kohler (6 skill points).
For now, he will be retained to provide familiarization training to Captaincy Candidates within my Reserve Barracks.

shot-24_08.15_18_34.58-0651.thumb.jpg.d9f5f17a67209989f5f377b77debfaf5.jpg 

Thus, I've reached dockyard phase 11.  (Earlier, I purchased the large "starter pack".)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Finished with the second set of missions... just playing enough co-op games to get the 2 daily containers, which is about 4 games a day.

Anyway, just noticed we don't actually have to do the Base XP missions in this Dockyard since they aren't token related. That alone makes this Dockyard a lot less grind oriented than in the past in my opinion. And the class specific missions seem pretty easy. I have to say this may be the easiest Dockyard yet. Very simple to complete it just by playing normally.

Have that tier VI ship already, so I don't have to buy any of the stages this time, like with the Wisconsin.

• Like 2

Finished the second set of missions.  Fire was a bit hard as my cruisers didn't seem to want to set fire to anything.  Atlanta spamming HE, flags, and got 240 hits with 2 fires.  Ugh.  Hop over to my battleships to go ahead and do damage, the secondaries are setting fires with every hit.

Frustrating.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Finished the second set of missions.  Fire was a bit hard as my cruisers didn't seem to want to set fire to anything.  Atlanta spamming HE, flags, and got 240 hits with 2 fires.  Ugh.  Hop over to my battleships to go ahead and do damage, the secondaries are setting fires with every hit.

Frustrating.

Yeah, was weird for the cruiser fires. Normally would get tons of fires with the signal flags with the Smolensk and Colbert, but barely got any for the mission. Then I played Smolensk today after completing the fire mission yesterday, got tons of fires again.

Edited by Colonel Potter

I have been tooling around in my Agincourt the last few days when I noticed I still had not completed the first dockyard phase. Then I looked and one of them is shoot down 60 enemy planes or whatever and I am playing a ship with no AA . Not that I really care but it was funny. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Yeah, was weird for the cruiser fires. Normally would get tons of fires with the signal flags with the Smolensk and Colbert, but barely got any for the mission. Then I played Smolensk today after completing the fire mission yesterday, got tons of fires again.

Same thing here.  I was so bereft of fires that I gave up and switched to the battleship mission.  I took out the Richelieu and she set 9 fires.  Whatcha gonna do? <shrugs>

• Like 1

I knocked out the second set of missions. I'm finding high tier randoms a drag... I miss mode shuffle. Maybe I should but in the time to get out of Bronze, the smaller Ranked format is probably more to my taste than Randoms.

• Like 2

Completed week 2 on both NA and EU - just cheesing it in Co-op. Took it very easy this week.

My first impression: WAY easier dockyard than for Wisconsin.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dutchy_2019 said:

My first impression: WAY easier dockyard than for Wisconsin.

I think that's because Wisconsin was a must have ship, not to mention Tier X, Almirante Oquendo is average at best.

Phase 4 complete.  The 500 steel was very much appreciated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tricericon said:

I knocked out the second set of missions. I'm finding high tier randoms a drag... I miss mode shuffle. Maybe I should but in the time to get out of Bronze, the smaller Ranked format is probably more to my taste than Randoms.

Mode shuffle.  This exactly.  I had an absolute hoot of a time a runnin' and a gunnin'!

• Like 2

Completed 4/6 of the "Invincible Armada" mission requirement. DD specific task is at 38654/50000. 

image.thumb.jpeg.83a7f133c86302369ae70c737badb5a0.jpeg

• Like 5

Finished off all four general tasks last night. 

Pulled 15,000-ish XP on both the destroyers and the cruisers. At this rate, I'll almost be finished Phase 3 by the weekend and Saturday will just be tidying up!! 

• Like 3

Two days of my tech tree leveling BBs and some German BB's to round out the 3rd crate drop and I'm at 5/6 complete for this week without really trying.  Switching to Cruisers for the last bit of the 3rd crate today and will continue tomorrow to get 6/6 for the dockyard, but not really pressing much.  All in co-op.  Takes about an hour and a half and about 10-12 coop games to get the 3 crates.  I'm usually a 2 crate and < hour kind of player unless something interesting is happening.

Good luck to all who care to do this one 🙂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Two days of my tech tree leveling BBs and some German BB's to round out the 3rd crate drop

Basically what I'm doing for this week.  Tech tree ships, the other stuff will come with normal playing.

Completed the "Earn 40,000 XP" (with a Submarine) task of the third "Invincible Armada" mission-chain of the Almirante Oquendo dockyard event.

This completes five of the six tasks needed for me to earn another dockyard progression phase.  🙂 

I only played a couple hours to-day but made enough progress that I should finish the phase to-morrow with the routine of Naval Battles. :classic_smile: [seems a little too easy this early in the process...]

18 minutes ago, thornzero said:

[seems a little too easy this early in the process...]

I think it would have been wiser to speak Voldemort's name instead of those words.  ^^^^

• Haha 3

Never understood how WG does some of these missions.  35k XP in any ship, but you need 55k XP in a battleship? 

22 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I think it would have been wiser to speak Voldemort's name instead of those words.  ^^^^

He's right, you should never say that and it will get harder, don't worry.

• Like 1

Just now, Wowzery said:

Never understood how WG does some of these missions.  35k XP in any ship, but you need 55k XP in a battleship? 

If the mission/task allows playing in any game mode, and allows the use of economic boosters to count towards the progress, then sailing in Scenario Operations (even with "reduced earnings") while using red boosters or blue boosters can produce some impressive XP numbers.
At least, I've been able to use that method in the past.

45 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I just completed the Battleship mission task, using red boosters on my Hyuga,
in Defense of Naval Station Newport.  🙂 

image_2024-08-22_180925070.thumb.png.de440c4cddd4732ea2b77fe7bb865620.png 

image_2024-08-22_181012977.thumb.png.4e6ad6020714af423edde7406b62433a.png 
Granted, I was about halfway through this task before I entered the Scenario Operation battle.
Nice to know that this mission allows scenarios and boosters to be used.  🙂

• Like 2

Have progressed to Dockyard phase 13.  🙂 

image_2024-08-22_181514455.png.9d8a2499c2d11c020921b19e05088a02.png 

56 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If the mission/task allows playing in any game mode, and allows the use of economic boosters to count towards the progress, then sailing in Scenario Operations (even with "reduced earnings") while using red boosters or blue boosters can produce some impressive XP numbers.
At least, I've been able to use that method in the past.

What I'm confused about is how WG has lower XP required for all ships than just the single ship.  I just think it would be reversed, all ships needing more XP than the single ship.