The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

Got this week’s missions done last night, and actually eschewed Smolensk for cruiser ribbons, and used a freshly minted Austin for it.

My progress will be proudly announced as ..."as little as possible." 😁

Can't believe they don't allow you to see the ship in port.   For something you have to buy, they expect you to buy it before you can see it.   

Week one cleared, no real drama. 11-4 in ranked, 1-1 in randoms but I topped the team in the loss. :shrug:

Week one fixed. I have not done a direct calculation but the rewards för the number of weeks seems pretty nerfed. Far more blue (and red) boosters in earlier dockyards if I remember correctly. Sure we get the DY with my game numbers (and for free as I have Leipzig) but I feel rather disappopinted anyway. 

I remember say 3-4 DY back where the rewards felt quite substantial - they feel like maybe 50-60% now. Sadly I have no exact statistics to back it up but f.e. blue boosters were at leat 8-10 /type + a few reds (type not just 3 and 1 at least.

another dockyard another grind fest in random games where people suicide

On 8/9/2024 at 7:23 PM, WES_HoundDog said:

For something you have to buy, they expect you to buy it before you can see it.   

Is this enough seeing for you?

Damn, dude; of all the things to complain about, you choose this hill to die on? 

On 8/9/2024 at 4:54 PM, Utt_Bugglier said:

eschewed Smolensk for cruiser ribbons, and used a freshly minted Austin for it

What's the difference? 🤣

(I hear that 'new ship smell' mixes well with cordite fumes. May your steel have been well spent.)

Really, the hardest mission for me in phase 1 was shooting down 45 planes.  Its all about luck in coop.  First you have to have a carrier in the game, second it has to send planes your way.  I got lucky in a Missouri and got just about all my planes in one game.

Destroyer I used the Marceau, rapid fire guns make getting ribbons quick work.

Cruiser was easily the Atlanta, two games and done.

Battleships, mostly Missouri with some Jean Bart.

On 8/8/2024 at 12:20 AM, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Week 5 has the dreaded 45k base xp mission.

It doesn't appear to have a token attached to it, so if you're willing to do an extra ship type (or if you can score 10 citadels in a Random or Ranked match), you can bypass it altogether. 

Alternatively if you're the sort of player who easily pulls 6500 base XP a night, you've got it made.

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

What's the difference? 🤣

In Austin, you live for those moments when you can use the MBRB…two-second reloads. 

…provided you can live to the next moment you can use the MBRB.

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Is this enough seeing for you?

Damn, dude; of all the things to complain about, you choose this hill to die on? 

What's the difference? 🤣

(I hear that 'new ship smell' mixes well with cordite fumes. May your steel have been well spent.)

I didn't know i should have to go to a third party web site and spend 10 minutes looking through a video that someone else did to check out what i want to check out on a ship another company wants me to buy.   And the fact that you gamers think that's how it should be done just shows how little game companies need to do to take your money these days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It doesn't appear to have a token attached to it, so if you're willing to do an extra ship type (or if you can score 10 citadels in a Random or Ranked match), you can bypass it altogether. 

Konigsberg in an early morning Random game with a bunch of YOLO'ing :bots: should do nicely, there.

Edited by desmo_2

On 8/8/2024 at 8:34 PM, mashed68 said:

I'll see if I make it to the lepzig because hey free premium, but the end ship doesn't interest me nearly enough to grind a dockyard. Wisconsin was my first time trying that after playing a few years and it was insane. 

The dockyard does not really require too much of grinding in my opinion. 3k doubloons for a t9 premium is nothing

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

I didn't know i should have to go to a third party web site and spend 10 minutes looking through a video that someone else did to check out what i want to check out on a ship another company wants me to buy.   And the fact that you gamers think that's how it should be done just shows how little game companies need to do to take your money these days.

*Facepalm*

You be content with the in-port stats if you like. I want to see the damn thing played.

• Bored 1

8 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Really, the hardest mission for me in phase 1 was shooting down 45 planes.  Its all about luck in coop.  First you have to have a carrier in the game, second it has to send planes your way.  I got lucky in a Missouri and got just about all my planes in one game.

Destroyer I used the Marceau, rapid fire guns make getting ribbons quick work.

Cruiser was easily the Atlanta, two games and done.

Battleships, mostly Missouri with some Jean Bart.

I think I cleared like half of them in the Hill during a co-op match working on DD ribbons. Had just been cycling through premiums for fun. Got a match with a random t4 carrier and it fed me planes all match.

On 8/7/2024 at 10:47 PM, Colonel Potter said:

Finished the first mission chain in 9 co-op games. This dockyard doesn't seem too difficult. Not gonna buy the stages since I already have the free ship and will get the two free stages of the dockyard.

That's my goal as well.  I also have the free ship.  I can always use credits, coal and steel though.

• Like 1

Done. CV, DD, Cruiser, overall damage, caps/assists, main battery hits, and credits to put the icing on the cake.

All in co-op.

Now I can take it slow for the next week. Phase 3 is not going to be a one-night job!

Week 2 Complete, it was very straight forward!

Completed the Get 15 "Caused flooding" ribbons mission for submarines, in the "Great and Most Fortunate Navy" mission-chain.

Completed the "Great and Most Fortunate Navy" mission chain. I used Kitakaze and Worcester to complete the missions.

image.thumb.png.a1ab0a40eba75e7ab19bfedb9b68f7e3.png

4 minutes ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

Completed the "Great and Most Fortunate Navy" mission chain. I used Kitakaze and Worcester to complete the missions.

image.thumb.png.a1ab0a40eba75e7ab19bfedb9b68f7e3.png

👍

I've had slim shady internet all day and didn't even start on the dy yet. Then it was time for streams but still high ping on my end.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thornzero said:

I've had slim shady internet all day and didn't even start on the dy yet. Then it was time for streams but still high ping on my end.

Bummer.