The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My Hindenburg's sec-bat range is 10 km.

Then assume another 10 seconds to get into range, and we're still at 20x8, or 80 hits with a 50% hit rate.  I should point out that Hindy has a longer main gun firing range, so can get off an additional salvo before Brisbane gets into range.

• Like 1

I'll get to the 17th stage no problem. 18th is iffy. 10k coal sure would be nice. Free doubloons or not, I'm not wasting them on a cruiser I'll never play. Especially with black friday coming up. 

About 15K BXP yet to go... still unsure if I'll pay the doubloon fee for the ship... a T9 Cruiser these days is a very low value proposition. 

• Confused 1

Polished off the dockyard missions and collected my shiny new ship. Made a right nuisance of myself in a Cleveland to finish off the last couple missions. Got a double strike against the opposing sub and DD after force feeding the Flint backing them up multiple citadel hits in one game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Captain_82 said:

Week 7 complete; I`m going to collect later.

WoWs_A. Oquendo dockyard complete.png

👍

• Like 1

I've completed the "Earn 60,000 BaseXP" mission task.

Rewarded with 10,000 credits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Much to my surprise I completed the 18th stage today. I hadn't really been paying a lot of attention to it, to be honest.

So, because the flakes gave me a fair bit of gold, I bought the last two stages and got her.

My first ever fully completed Dockyard smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Much to my surprise I completed the 18th stage today. I hadn't really been paying a lot of attention to it, to be honest.

So, because the flakes gave me a fair bit of gold, I bought the last two stages and got her.

My first ever fully completed Dockyard smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

Congrats on your first dockyard completion!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got it. It sucks. Low skill floor/ceiling useless CA-level HE spammer with a completely meaningless gimmick. This is absolutely not worth any money. 

Camo looks cool, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I finished it few days ago, only played couple of games so far, its a mixed bag I guess but not 2 bad with that pinpoint accuracy its decent for citing other cruisers esp in ops shooting gallery…

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 2

Almirante Uquendo obtained.  Was falling behind on the 60k BXP grind to be honest and was anticipating playing way more than I wanted to on Saturday, but USS Massachusetts eliminated that problem last night with a 2850 BXP match.  After that it was just Scharnhorst '43 and Harugumo co-op matches and one last Missouri Random Battle.

First dockyard I've completed without buying any phases, not even a starter pack.  I have no recollection of where I got Leipzig, but I had her so I got the two compensation phases.

• Like 4

I didn't think I would but, I got it, I didn't even have to really play too much to get it!Screenshot(247).thumb.png.f896903bb9bb76c72dc2b8b0bc3fb6f4.png

• Like 3

After some luck with MM and seeing some CVs for plane kills, now I only need around half of bxp (30k), 1000 ribbons with dds and 2200 ribbons with cruisers. 

As usual, I'm not going to rush with missions and going to finish at the last day.

On two of my free to play accounts I reached Leipzig, but going to finish a few more stages for extra coal and steel.

• Like 1

Still contemplating the choice while sitting at stage 18... I'm not sure I would play this ship enough to justify the already low asking price of 4K doubloons.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Still contemplating the choice while sitting at stage 18... I'm not sure I would play this ship enough to justify the already low asking price of 4K doubloons.

You still have some time.  She is very much a mixed bag that shows twice the citadel above the water line than the PepsiCola does.  That's 30mm plating compared to Pensacola's 76mm.  Oquendo does have an additional 40mm torpedo protection bringing her up to 70mm.  She seems to be a one trick pony.  Long range, angled HE spammer.

Oquendo

Screenshot2024-09-27105116.thumb.png.1677c06cfa8f158fd1494b24a107ca9a.png

Pensacola :

Screenshot2024-09-27105203.thumb.png.93b9dab16cdb887339ddaae55348deb4.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

She seems to be a one trick pony.  Long range, angled HE spammer

That's the real issue for me, that's a playstyle I find extremelly boring. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Unless you immensely, profoundly enjoy the most normal kiting CA gameplay ever, then no. 

29 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

You still have some time.  She is very much a mixed bag that shows twice the citadel above the water line than the PepsiCola does.  That's 30mm plating compared to Pensacola's 76mm.  Oquendo does have an additional 40mm torpedo protection bringing her up to 70mm.  She seems to be a one trick pony.  Long range, angled HE spammer.

Oquendo

Screenshot2024-09-27105116.thumb.png.1677c06cfa8f158fd1494b24a107ca9a.png

Pensacola :

Screenshot2024-09-27105203.thumb.png.93b9dab16cdb887339ddaae55348deb4.png

It has double black hole armor though, the first I've ever seen and the only I'm aware of. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Unless you immensely, profoundly enjoy the most normal kiting CA gameplay ever, then no. 

Some CAs can be played in alternate ways, for example I play my Prinz Eugen more in a brawler fashion, trying to take advantage of the strong torpedo armament and solid AP; with the Italians is always a very rewarding high risk stake to creep closer to caps and try to suprise a DD with their pants down; Radar CAs obviously play differently as you focus on controlling the Caps.  But when long range spamming is all what you have in your skill list... that's really boring.

• Like 1