The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

10 hours ago, Wowzery said:

Last couple of coop games have been world of torpedoes.  Even in the Atlanta I'm struggling to get 100 main gun hits before everything is sunk by these rash of torpedo players.

Yeah, for some reason people are still torping everything vs using their guns and secondaries. It is counterproductive to use the torps outside of keeping yourself from being killed unless your only tasks left are BXP and/or credits. The amount of Schlieffen's for example that are yolo'ing the middle and torping everything blows my mind. Some may be people catching up I guess but most people are in the final week and torp hits make no sense.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

865 Secondary battery hits in my last battle and the level meter moved... a little. Gotta luv this 1/2 earnings in Ops.

Le sigh.

• Like 1

I finished yesterday.  The last two Dock Yard events have resulted in free ships...I hope this model continues in the future!

For the last stage there were several "get 'x' ribbons in 'x' ship type" missions.  I find those easy to complete in BB's, DD's, and cruisers.  So, I did three of those and skipped the high Base XP mission.  That sped up my completion this week.

Almte. Oquendo is in my port.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, for some reason people are still torping everything vs using their guns and secondaries. It is counterproductive to use the torps outside of keeping yourself from being killed unless your only tasks left are BXP and/or credits. The amount of Schlieffen's for example that are yolo'ing the middle and torping everything blows my mind. Some may be people catching up I guess but most people are in the final week and torp hits make no sense.

I completed my last sub-mission related to DD flags overnight by spamming the F. Sherman and Marceau and only rarely using torps and instead getting a couple of hundred or more hits per battle. Final total as to change in Karma points was 4 positive and 1 negative so that also came out better than I figured it would....

Edited by djc_499
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Tricericon said:

Weird. This week's mission for DDs is just ribbons, I'd have expected the swarm to be rapid-fire gunboats.

I saved that one for last and finished overnight with the Sherman and Marceau. It was rather funny as there would typically be 4 gunboat DDs in each battle. It took roughly a dozen battles for me over about 2 hours or so. 

• Like 1

I'm reconsidering my strategy, having made poor progress over the first two days.

50 ribbons, 50k damage, 8 planes killed, 130k spot, Combat Scout, & a win may be good Yorktown gameplay but is getting me nowhere fast on either the Dockyard or the DevStrike damage contest.

I've been melting the DD ribbon mission in Brawls, and I may pivot to taking the BB mission down the same way with Schlieffen and Ohio. It'd probably get me the extra 10k coal as well.

The catch is that there are no planes to kill in brawl, so I'd need a third ship type or some dedicated plane farming... probably after finishing the brawl I'd pull out some USN CAs in random, & see which mission falls first (very likely planes). If the DD & BB ribbon missions both fall before I get Brawl win #31, Napoli plus my new Sansonetti can kick start the CA ribbon mission while finishing off brawl.

I'm also thinking my previous approach to the contest may have been in error. I should probably be focusing on either my best farming class or the one that will be least crowded (SS) and trying to hit a real monster game instead of my initial plan of trying to get an "acceptable" entry in each category and hoping one will randomly happen to have a low bar.

Something for me to think through during the boring parts of the workday. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, djc_499 said:

I completed my last sub-mission related to DD flags overnight by spamming the F. Sherman and Marceau and only rarely using torps and instead getting a couple of hundred or more hits per battle. Final total as to change in Karma points was 4 positive and 1 negative so that also came out better than I figured it would....

8 games in Harugumo for me and 0 torps used

• Like 2

I am done with the Dockyard event. Just got tired of the grinding of ships I do not enjoy playing so once I crossed the threshold I needed for credits, I just bought the last mission with doubloons. Used the OG Missouri and was done in 5 or 6 battles. The Spanish ship is nice, I like her guns but her camo is bland and boring. Not sure what the "funny button" does, didn't pay it any attention and since I don't have a pennant flying captain to assign her, she will only get used for snowflake events. I still need around 40k BXP and 900 BB ribbons to complete all the Dockyard missions. I suppose over the next week if I get close to the BXP needed, I may finish it for the steel but I doubt it.. Want a break. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am done with the Dockyard event. Just got tired of the grinding of ships I do not enjoy playing so once I crossed the threshold I needed for credits, I just bought the last mission with doubloons. Used the OG Missouri and was done in 5 or 6 battles. The Spanish ship is nice, I like her guns but her camo is bland and boring. Not sure what the "funny button" does, didn't pay it any attention and since I don't have a pennant flying captain to assign her, she will only get used for snowflake events. I still need around 40k BXP and 900 BB ribbons to complete all the Dockyard missions. I suppose over the next week if I get close to the BXP needed, I may finish it for the steel but I doubt it.. Want a break. 

It tightens dispersion by 20% but it costs you 42.3% reload. 

She eats citadels like a chubby kid eats donuts at an all you can eat donut buffet.

I can understand wanting a break.  When it starts to feel like work, that's a bad place to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Slattery said:

She eats citadels like a chubby kid eats donuts at an all you can eat donut buffet.

I can understand wanting a break.  When it starts to feel like work, that's a bad place to be.

On 200 mm cruiser guns? Is this even considered an advantage?

Finished dockyard today. Need a break.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 22 cm said:

Maybe if there weren't such a debuff on the reload speed.

I don't see using it.  It seems VERY situational.

1 hour ago, Captain Slattery said:

58 minutes ago, 22 cm said:

Mostly useful at max/near max range.  FWIW you're only increasing the reload speed by about 5 seconds or so. 

• Like 1

Finished DD and cruiser ribbons. Just the credits mission to go (less than 2 million) and I am done.

• Like 2

Finally. ¡Qué hermoso barco!

AP1GczPp6DKtOwiki7di_-KFxmeBdD_ydVb4lnhG

I thought it would take me the full 14-day period to finish the Dockyard, however a lucky break from IRL deadlines and the updated Operations allowed for a faster progression despite the 50% reduction on certain battle results.

Out of curiosity I went to Co-op to start the 2,500 DD ribbons mission. After a 20 second wait at the matchmaking stage, and the usual 30 second wait while the game loads the map and the teams, I found my Harugumo in North, with a Kleber and another BB on my spawn. As expected, most of the bots went to the other flank, leaving us the crumbs to feast on for our missions. And worst of all, the bot battleship we were facing on our flank disappeared for a while behind an island (it most likely knew I was going for the ribbons LOL!) and managed to survive (LOL!) the very quick Co-op battle. 

From that miserable experience, I knew it would be a tedious and mind-numbing exercise to continue the grind with that kind of matches in Co-op. I decided to continue playing Operations and after 5 battles, my Harugumo's main guns can finally undergo much needed maintenance. 

AP1GczMKmQ5frt7j5fJ5v1rCulO5StyHHf_iFIjw

Smolensk and Schlieffen helped move the progress bar faster than I hoped for. For the aircraft shot down mission I used the Halland and Worcester.

There was this one time when my Halland was literally just 33 health points away from being sunk. I purposely did not go to the 'repair station' in UF to try to see how far she can go. That was absolutely fun!

AP1GczMmnKScG2xOSni7pxLkGr9SEYA3I-rRo2o4

Happy weekend!

• Like 5

Finished the main/secondary ribbons, credits, and destroyer ribbon missions.

Plane kills are almost done (finally!), 14k base xp left (should be finished tomorrow hopefully), and then 2k ribbons in cruisers. Then Oquendo will be mine again. 

• Like 2

I'm left with only some ribbons for cruisers and DDs left, going to putter about this weekend to finish it.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2024 at 12:10 PM, xamdam said:

865 Secondary battery hits in my last battle and the level meter moved... a little. Gotta luv this 1/2 earnings in Ops.

Le sigh.

you are shooting bots that always come in the same place in the same way and who shoot like blind ducks,and you want rewards for it

I got a bit behind, but I am just going to play like I normally do for the last set of missions and see how far I get. This isn't the Wisky, so I am not hellbent on getting it. We'll see what I do!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I got a bit behind, but I am just going to play like I normally do for the last set of missions and see how far I get. This isn't the Wisky, so I am not hellbent on getting it. We'll see what I do!

👍

4 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Then Oquendo will be mine again. 

Again? But of course, you had her for testing as a wiki editor.

Just out of interest, let us know if she has any XP on her when you get her back. I remember I had a couple of 24 hours rentals of Kaga in missions an age ago; and then when I won her in a Santa crate two Christmases back, she popped up with XP on her. But maybe things are different for Wiki editor and tester loans?

• Haha 2

A third of BXP done (thanks to an eco gaming session with Shimakaze on Thursday), then past halfway through the planes mission and the credits one almost completed in 6 battles with Ipiranga (using blue credits boosters) yesterday. BTW, 3 to 7 Ipirangas per battle, mine included. Weird ship to say the least: basic aesthetics of an upgraded Agincourt (add the reward camo and her superstructure looks like built with Legos, it's hard to take her seriously), seems to behave like Italian cruisers in the turns which makes her quite nimble, bow tanks reasonably well anything below 16 inches but that caliber can easily eat up to 3/4 of her HP in one salvo when showing broadside or stern to mid-to-long range shots.

6 hours ago, Frostbow said:

[...]

Out of curiosity I went to Co-op to start the 2,500 DD ribbons mission. After a 20 second wait at the matchmaking stage, and the usual 30 second wait while the game loads the map and the teams, I found my Harugumo in North, with a Kleber and another BB on my spawn. As expected, most of the bots went to the other flank, leaving us the crumbs to feast on for our missions. And worst of all, the bot battleship we were facing on our flank disappeared for a while behind an island (it most likely knew I was going for the ribbons LOL!) and managed to survive (LOL!) the very quick Co-op battle.

[...]

Bots have been showing such behaviour from time to time for long now. I remember a Coop battle a few Christmas ago where the red bots on my flank abandoned it and went past middle through their spawn area before turning towards the caps. My inner Schopenhauer came out as I typed in chat "Bots running away from their flank. What do they think they are, humans?" in exasperation, for I was in Viribus Unitis.

Salute.

• Like 1

The biggest problem will be plain kill mission. There rarely any CV in ranked or coop

Finished destroyer ribbons, more than halfway on cruiser before doing battleship.  As for the other three missions, completed main/secondary ribbons, need 2 more planes and more than halfway for credits.

First more serious game after buying the last two stages. 😇 Second account "Katzbalger_1". Beautiful and agile ship with very good speed and solid armament. Accuracy is +1 except for the torps, which are lacking range. The F - button only makes sense when shooting at a broadside sailing enemy with AP. The gain compared to normal mode is only slight. Typical kite - cruiser, and I'm looking forward to test it in randoms tonight. 

Skjermbilde 2024-09-21 153352.jpg

Skjermbilde 2024-09-21 153402.jpg

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 2