The Almirante Oquendo Dockyard progress thread.

Schnitchelkid01_

Completed the following tasks of the "Rebirth of the Navy" mission.

• 85 Plane Kills
  • 3500 gun hits
  • 2600 Ribbons (BB)
  • 3500 Ribbons (CC)
  • 2500 Ribbons (DD)

Credit task is at 7.28mil / 9.25mil. Looks like the dockyard will be done by tomorrow ahead of what I envisioned.

• Like 1

Almost finished the main/secondary hits and destroyer ribbon missions today. Base xp and credits are both around 33% finished, and made a bit of progress on cruiser ribbons too. Still not sure if I want to do cruisers or switch over to the battleship mission instead.

The plane kills mission was frustratingly unreliable as I expected it was going to be today. Most of my games last week had carriers in them, and I had a bunch of Cherry Blossom and Hermes games when playing ops; today I didn't get any ops with planes, and only two games had carriers (and I could only farm planes in one of them). I still managed to get 22 plane kills, but if I had last week's games I'd probably have it finished already.

Hopefully the planes start showing up soon.

9 hours ago, Frostbow said:

No micromanaging nor setting up of daily quotas.

The micromanaging is one of the things I enjoy about this game.

I set up daily quotas to reduce the problem to a manageable size, and moreover one that can easily be exceeded, leaving me with a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment. 

On the contrary, @Wolfswetpaws seems to be taking the approach of tackling each combat task one at a time and knocking it over before moving on to the next, an approach which also has much to recommend it. At my current rate of accumulating credits, I'll be done with that in five days; Wolfie will probably be done with it before his head hits the hay tonight. 

A player by the name of Pockington over on @Lord_Zath's Discord made the very valid point that the credit prizes in Brawls count as part of your ship earnings; and as those are 750,000 credits apiece, it may be worth looking into for those who find that format attractive.

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

A player by the name of Pockington over on @Lord_Zath's Discord made the very valid point that the credit prizes in Brawls count as part of your ship earnings; and as those are 750,000 credits apiece, it may be worth looking into for those who find that format attractive.

I'd forgotten about that.
Thanks for propagating Pockington's tip.  🙂 

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

On the contrary, @Wolfswetpaws seems to be taking the approach of tackling each combat task one at a time and knocking it over before moving on to the next, an approach which also has much to recommend it. At my current rate of accumulating credits, I'll be done with that in five days; Wolfie will probably be done with it before his head hits the hay tonight. 

Yes.
I may choose to sail a number of qualifying ships, each in their turn, or I may select an ideal ship and play her until the task is complete.
Though I also check to see if doing one task will contribute progress on other tassks.
In this dockyard event, that seems to have been the case on several occasions.
Sometimes I can dovetail this with training a Captain, as I'm doing with Commander Bumblebee and my Gearing.  

8 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Co-op games last 10 minutes or less yet the Base XP earnings are so low,

Just a follow-up, to address this concern.

It's a valid concern.
But, the tasks I'm completing, "earn XXXX ribbons" aren't oriented towards earning BaseXP.
Doing the tasks in Co-op and accomplishing them merely earns BaseXP as a useful by-product.

But, later on, the task which requires a submarine, can be played in random battles.
And, I imagine you're aware that submarines are efficient at earning BaseXP in random battles.

So, I've not forgotten about BaseXP, and I've got a plan to accumulate it.  

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It's a valid concern.
But, the tasks I'm completing, "earn XXXX ribbons" aren't oriented towards earning BaseXP.

I know that. I was delighted the moment I saw Base XP is not a mission that rewards a Dockyard Phase. Still, I am focusing on it because earning the most Base XP I can per Operation gives me the most bang for the time I spend in the game. 

• My Tier IXs and Tier Xs are fully configured for Ops with commanders at 21 points so the EXCP keeps coming.
  • I have excess Green economic boosters that I am using to get even more Credits, EXCP, and FXP.
  • The 14 days to finish the Rebirth of the Navy is generously long and is more than enough, that there is no worry about the 50% reduction in mission progress results.
43 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

credit prizes in Brawls count as part of your ship earnings; and as those are 750,000 credits apiece

That exactly is the reason why we should go beyond Co-op for credit tasks because out there the rewards are generous.

But do note that the rewards structure is NOT 750,000 credits per win; rather, it is tied to a number of wins. You get 750,000 credits for your first win in Brawls. But to get the rest, you need to win in a certain number of Brawls to receive the succeeding credit prizes. Beyond that, the rewards are no longer in credits.

2 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

But do note that the rewards structure is NOT 750,000 credits per win; rather, it is tied to a number of wins. You get 750,000 credits for your first win in Brawls. But to get the rest, you need to win in a certain number of Brawls to receive the succeeding credit prizes. Beyond that, the rewards are no longer in credits.

True.  But the 750k reward is a nice "shot in the arm".  🙂 

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

True.  But the 750k reward is a nice "shot in the arm".  🙂 

Exactly!

I see you recently welcomed Schlieffen to your port. If you haven't yet, I suggest you bring her to Brawls and show them the true meaning of a thousand cuts. LOL!

Here's a memorable one for me:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Frostbow said:
36 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It's a valid concern.

I know that. I was delighted the moment I saw Base XP is not a mission that rewards a Dockyard Phase. Still, I am focusing on it because earning the most Base XP I can per Operation gives me the most bang for the time I spend in the game. 

• My Tier IXs and Tier Xs are fully configured for Ops with commanders at 21 points so the EXCP keeps coming.
  • I have excess Green economic boosters that I am using to get even more Credits, EXCP, and FXP.
  • The 14 days to finish the Rebirth of the Navy is generously long and is more than enough, that there is no worry about the 50% reduction in mission progress results.

Uhmm .... you do realize that econ boosters don't improve the amount of BaseXP earned, eh?

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Uhmm .... you do realize that econ boosters don't improve the amount of BaseXP earned, eh?

What? 

Let's go back a little bit. This was what I wrote earlier:

13 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

I have excess Green economic boosters that I am using to get even more Credits, EXCP, and FXP.

Did I say that economic boosters improve the amount of Base XP? I clearly did not.

1 minute ago, Frostbow said:

What? 

Let's go back a little bit. This was what I wrote earlier:

Did I say that economic boosters improve the amount of Base XP? I clearly did not.

Good. 
Somehow I got the impression that you were under an illusion that econ boosters helped with BXP.
I'm glad we've cleared that up.  Thanks.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Somehow I got the impression that you were under an illusion that econ boosters helped with BXP.

Where did you get that impression? From someone else who was confused about Base XP?

Hahaha.gif.19bd6ebf2d7fb19cf0340da232a29

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

But do note that the rewards structure is NOT 750,000 credits per win; rather, it is tied to a number of wins.

That is immediately apparent from viewing the mission structure in the game client. I merely sought to draw attention to the fact that those "cash prizes" do count as ship earnings (which is not always the case across all modes).

58 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

He does, but he's perceiving BXP directly in terms of the various other things that the boosters can generate from it (Credits, FXP, ECXP, ship XP for daily crates).

His mission is basically the same as mine, to use the dockyard grind as a farm toward his own ends, but he's letting the XP grind drive progress on the ribbon missions while I'm more the other way around. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That is immediately apparent from viewing the mission structure in the game client. I merely sought to draw attention to the fact that those "cash prizes" do count as ship earnings (which is not always the case across all modes).

He does, but he's perceiving BXP directly in terms of the various other things that the boosters can generate from it (Credits, FXP, ECXP, ship XP for daily crates).

His mission is basically the same as mine, to use the dockyard grind as a farm toward his own ends, but he's letting the XP grind drive progress on the ribbon missions while I'm more the other way around. 

👍

Missions 4 and 5 are now complete.

85 aircraft shot down and 2600 battleship ribbons.  The Grosser Kurfurst, Tirpitz and Massachusetts were real workhorses for me there.  My Buffalo got the final aircraft kills.  I have to admit that I also used the fighter squadrons on the Graf Zeppelin a bit as well.

I am currently standing at 6.7 million credits earned.  I need to earn 2.55 million credits in the next 12 days.  I just might make that.  😁

• Like 2

Finished it, got the ship without having to pay any money. Was able to complete the airplane shot down and the CV ribbon mission at the same time with the Graf Zeppelin B in 10 co-op games, and that got me the ship. Over all, I think this was the simplest Dockyard to complete to date.

• Like 4

Last couple of coop games have been world of torpedoes.  Even in the Atlanta I'm struggling to get 100 main gun hits before everything is sunk by these rash of torpedo players.

30 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Last couple of coop games have been world of torpedoes.  Even in the Atlanta I'm struggling to get 100 main gun hits before everything is sunk by these rash of torpedo players.

Weird. This week's mission for DDs is just ribbons, I'd have expected the swarm to be rapid-fire gunboats.

• Like 3

On last episode of Potato Builds A Ship....

I needed 2.55 million credits to get the last 2 shipbuilding phases.  When I need money in a hurry, there's only one ship to turn to....

Three ops in the OG TrumpWagon and "Boom!  There it is!".

I'm done.  What a fun time it was too.  😁

• Like 1

Finished 3500 gun hits any ship and battleship ribbons (Schlieffen is God). 

Second to last battle in Schlieffen...

image.thumb.png.d36efe8000cb355ffed06da6f3a01c0f.png

2598 ribbons out of 2600. 🤣

• Like 3

Completed the "Get 2,500 ribbons" while sailing a Destroyer task.

Rewarded with 10,000 credits.

• Like 1

Completed the "Earn 9,250,000 credits" task.

Rewarded with 1 shipbuilding phase.

Completing that task also completed 6 mission-tasks.
Which rewarded me with an additional shipbuilding phase.

My progress on two other mission-tasks:
~ Earn 60,000 BaseXP?  Have earned 23,741 BaseXP so far.
~ Get 3,500 ribbons while sailng a Cruiser?  145 ribbons so far.

Well, I completed the third group of missions last night.  Six dockyard stages done.  I think I'm a little behind.

I'm a casual player.  I play fairly regularly but not every day and not for long sessions.  Despite that, I had assumed I'd get Leipzig since this dockyard is relatively easy.  Unfortunately work, family commitments, etc. kept me away from the game for several days multiple times.  And then my computer died.

Now I've got my new computer built.  I'll get much more out of having a better computer than adding one more ship to the several hundred I already have.  So although I lost some playing time, it pushed me to get that build done.  I'm happy about that. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Over all, I think this was the simplest Dockyard to complete to date

By FAR! Not even close.

• Like 2